What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

King Ghidorah

Roller Poster
This will feature trains that are the first of their kind, a very interesting new twist on the basic family coaster. The below 2 video clips give you the general idea:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyOITQmpsg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLExG8CAQE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Currently being installed at Magic Kingdom - Walt Disney World, and rumored for the new Shanghai park as well. But can you imagine these type of trains on a woodie! (hoping someone at GCI gets the same idea!!).

http://rcdb.com/9720.htm

peep

CF Legend
Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW)

I saw these videos the other day, I think it looks like a very interesting concept but not sure if it will provide a good ride experience. WHAT am I saying, it's Disney and it's themed around the Seven dwarfs, it'll be awesome!

However I do have a feeling there was a topic on this already, or maybe it was just part of a more general Fantasyland expansion topic, hmm. Meh.

This clearly needs to be stickied though, oh and construction is well under way with most of the rock-work done and fake trees already being added to the area, due to the boards everywhere there isn't any pictures of track etc so no idea how far from completion it is. Saying that RCDB has it down for next year but I've heard rumours that it could be pushed back as far as 2014, not sure how true that is though and I hope they are wrong.

A

Anonymous

It's a Sit-down suspended coaster, not a new concept since there have been one that is "under construction" and have been for several years (CLICK), but this time people may actually get to ride one...

Ollie

CF Legend

I doubt the ride will be that intense. It is aimed at at children.
I've posted some pictures of construction in my Florida trip report if anyone is interested.

peep

CF Legend

loefet said:
It's a Sit-down suspended coaster, not a new concept since there have been one that is "under construction" and have been for several years (CLICK), but this time people may actually get to ride one...

Ah I remember the topic about that but didn't realise it had swinging cars. Shame it never got completed/opened.

^Ollie, who said it was going to be intense? It's aimed at families, yes, but that just means it's going to be good fun, it'll be more like a scaled down version of BTM but with added Dwarfs. :D

King Ghidorah

Roller Poster

loefet said:
Interesting, had no idea OR was suppose to do this. Great idea with an unfortunate execution (should have started off with a much smaller scale prototype, then go big). But you're right, that would definitely be the first and most likely where Disney got the idea. Also sort of reminds me of a less complicated variation of S&S's Free Fly (minus the hanging/flipping action of course).

^ And I agree, don't expect it will be an intense ride, but definitely big on the fun factor.

A

Anonymous

Re: Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW

Ollie said:
I've posted some pictures of construction in my Florida trip report if anyone is interested.
What no link to advertise it, man are you feeling well, or have you lost your touch completely :p

Will be having a look at them tomorrow, browsing on the phone isn't ideal for looking at pictue updates. But posting a direct link would be a good idea.

Posting on the go...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Orphan Rocker!

Lmao.

This is such a cool idea, I'm glad someone finally is taking it on.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Not sure thats a support for the coaster. The coaster was not set to start construction until after the little mermaid dark ride was completed. Unless that was changed in the last 2 months (which it very well might have). Also the Imagineers were having issues getting the carts to not sway too much as they don't want people puking.

peep

CF Legend

Yeah that's definitely supports for coaster track, here have a nice aerial pic of the area, you can tell a lot better that it's for the track. Even though supports are going in we still have a couple year wait, they have to build a small mountain around it and that and Disney take their time with that sort of theming.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Yeah, It's been said to open 2014, so Expect it late 2014-2015.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

^Um, they are going all out on this Fantasyland update. I don't see them falling that far behind on a family coaster as to end up in 2015. I mean, that's three years and these guys have a bit more capital than some family-owned cable-car operator in New Zealand.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Am I the only one who thinks that those cars look sickening :-S ? All the rocking makes my stomach sick just watching it.

EDIT: actually they aren't moving to fast in the animation, so its not that bad. But it could make for one crazy ride if they made them swing anymore/made it move faster.

As for opening date it says 2012 on the rcdb (http://www.rcdb.com/9720.htm) but I dont think they'll push it back more than a year, this expansion already ruins a large portion of the park while its under construction Disney will want to be done with it ASAP.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Looks kinda like DasMatze's mine train CTR from RCT3. Good idea, but may not be that great of a ride experience.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

It reminds me of the old arrow suspended coasters crossed with Big Thunder Mountain crossed with Snow Whites Scary adventure.

This will either work really well or be complete crap.

We just have to wait and see

Gazza

Giga Poster

rollermonkey said:
mean, that's three years and these guys have a bit more capital than some family-owned cable-car operator in New Zealand.
Orphan Rocker ain't in NZ bud.

Lofty

CF Legend

Youngster Joey said:
It reminds me of the old arrow suspended coasters crossed with Big Thunder Mountain crossed with Snow Whites Scary adventure.

This will either work really well or be complete crap.

We just have to wait and see
It's for Kids and Families, of course it will work. It's what Disney do best.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Gazza said:
rollermonkey said:
mean, that's three years and these guys have a bit more capital than some family-owned cable-car operator in New Zealand.
Orphan Rocker ain't in NZ bud.

My fault. I mis-remembered New South Wales as New Zealand. The closest I've been to either is Darwin, Australia.

The point that I was making is still valid, regardless of location south of the equator. The Mouse has the money to force the issue and make this work.