What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

marc

CF Legend
Going by what's being said the whole new area including the new attractions is a let down. I've not seen it yet but from what people are saying on forums it's 2 hour queues for this, 2 hours for the restaurant and over 3 to see the princess.

Queues will die down in a year or so people have to give it time and not just expect to walk into brand new rides.

nealbie

CF Legend
Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

I've known nothing of this and just watched the video that Jerry posted, it seems REALLY short. I mean really.

I was expecting it to be like Big Thunder Mountain.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I think considering the land they hand set aside to build upon they've done a really good job, but then again I was never expecting anything longer than Barnstormer so that worked in my favour XD.

As for the area there are a few things that let it down in my opinion. Firstly, it feels very plastic and almost too perfect? I think it could do with a lot more greenery around. I mean a lot more. No matter how good you are at theming, too much fibreglass and concrete just becomes ugly when there's no natural beauty to compliment it.

Secondly is the crowding. Now obviously this is a new area, so you have to expect some crowds. But when I went it was so busy you couldn't even go into the restaurants to look around. It's madness. The same thing happened with Potter though and crowds have finally started dying down for that now.

marc

CF Legend
The main thing I read is they spent loads and all there is are two rides now, one a copy of the version in California.

Tbh from what I've seen the area to me looks great but many feel it could have been more.

Yes regarding the coaster I thought the same as you, but I guess the public do not look at plans or videos.

Lofty

CF Legend

In my honest opinion, nothing in the park IS worth queueing 2 hours for, but considering some of the meet and greets can get to 3 hours long, I don't understand why people are moaning for something that is actually substantial for families.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^Meeting Elsa and Anna (separate lines) was over SIX HOURS this week. People are **** morons.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

You must not have a kid... I was in a restaurant last night and a girl, maybe six years old, just broke out into song at random. Let It Go, of course. I liked the movie, but there are a lot of kids that are totally gaga over it. Most families go to Disney for their kids, and don't get to go often, thus do the things their kids want to do when they go. I can't believe they have separate queues for Anna and Elsa... That's just cruel.

As for New Fantasyland? It was always an expansion, not a new land. Two rides and a restaurant? Apparently, people have forgotten exactly how much is actually part of the expansion. Multiple meet&greet areas, the second Dumbo, a couple new gift shops, two food places, (not one), etc.

Something new at WDW is crowded? Um, duh.

7 Dwarfs... Yeah. It's a family ride at a Disney park. Even the 'venerated' Big Thunder is little more than a well themed Roller Skater. This was never going to be something to be exciting to coaster enthusiasts, so as far as I'm concerned, the only surprise is if average sized adults are complaining the seats are too small.

You'll certainly not see me there again any time soon, and I have DVC.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Why not just have multiple Anna and Elsa meeting spots though? I mean, you are talking at least half of the day is waiting for a PICTURE. I don't have kids, but I know how much kids are going ape **** for it, I see videos my friends with kids post daily of their kids singing it in the car. What's cruel is not offering some form of return pass for those people waiting that long. I wouldn't be that annoyed with it if they didn't make you stay in line for the entire day.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Thought some of you might like to read this no-nonsense review from our former team member.
CP6 said:
I was finally able to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Disney this evening. It's an average coaster in an above average shell, which is about where I was expecting it to land. The coaster itself has some fun elements and a few good drops though is far too short on the whole. I had been hopeful for the swinging cars to add some interest to the ride, but the swinging is so muted that the effect isn't noticeable to any large extent. As is to be expected, the theming is top notch and the interior animatronics are all excellent and well executed. I can easily see this being something I ride every time a visit because it is fun, though I don't think I'd wait anything more than 20 minutes for it now that I've gotten the initial ride out of the way. While I can't believe it took them so long to get it open, I'm happy to see it running, and it's nice to see another coaster added to the mix to bridge the gap between Barnstormer and Big Thunder / Space Mountain.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

^^ That is pretty similar to my review in the trip reports thread.

The seats are not small. They are snug, but not uncomfortable. I really didn't feel the ride was "short". The ride also provides more air than Big Thunder (and arguably Everest), but it really isn't meant to be a thrill ride as we all know.

I agree, if you are near the front the swinging almost didn't happen. The back two cars swung like a see-saw.

People were clearly expecting like, way too much out of this! What was everyone thinking? Top Thrill Dragster through Seven Dwarves land? I think the ride looks great, and though it does look short or whatever, the animatronics and theming looks great. Like Jordan said, the shadows going up the lift are such an awesome touch. I wouldn't wait two hours for it either, but if I had kids and they couldn't do any of the "scarier" rides (not that anything at Disney is particularly scary, but still), I'd be more than willing to wait a decent length of time for it. It's a good addition in my opinion, and like Brian said, it looks like a very average coaster with a lot of good theming, which is essentially what Disney IS anyway.

Ben

CF Legend

I totally said people were over-hyping it.

And now it's open, and yep, people were over-hyping it.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Thought I would post my thoughts after riding it today.

It is very well themed, as expected from a Disney attraction. However the individual lap bar restraints and seats are uncomfortable. I rode back row and experienced a sudden jolt at the beginning of the lift hill. The ride itself is a good family coaster although my mum did not enjoy it, but it is a very short ride. The animatronics though are incredible.

Overall the ride is a good family coaster but nothing more. 5/10.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

It is really smooth and a genuinely great family coaster with amazing theming but the seats are really uncomfortable and a little bit of a squeeze. Overall it is what I expected it to be, a great family coaster but nothing exceptional.