What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

marc

CF Legend
Does not get anywhere near mystic manor that ride looks amazing :)

This does look better than some of the resent additions though that's for sure.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

rtotheizzo17 said:
Can any of the Disney peeps confirm this thing is soft opened? I have time to drop by after work today but don't want to burn a MainGate if it isn't opened.

PM if you don't want to openly post about the soft open, por favor.

There's a lot of Disney regulars keeping an eye on it. They seem to be doing lots of testing at the moment but no soft openings, yet.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster

I got to ride today during a Cast Member preview, which was followed shortly by a soft opening. I believe the same thing happened yesterday, so there are a few chances for people to still catch a soft opening before the 28th.

I rode 3 times and it was great! Theming in the mine was good, not an extremely long ride, but still fun.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

I got to ride today, twice, around 4pm. There was a downtime with a train evac when I showed up and the queue was being dumped of cast but there was a secondary standby line of day guests hanging around in hopes of a soft open (maybe 100 people) the CM at the main entrance was saying *if* it were to open it wouldn't be until 10pm. The CM also said when they did open it for guests, they let people in line for 10 minutes and the wait was 80 miniutes long.

Largest drop POV photo - https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/4 ... 52/photo/1
Back car photo of the first turn (and lack of riders <3) - https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/4 ... 64/photo/1

bmac

Giga Poster

I saw your feed Canobie. How was the ride for the both of you?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

I really liked it, for what it is. Its surprisingly fast... the drop out of the station is surprisingly fast in the back row and the zig-zag turns after the first life are pretty fun. The themeing in the mine is nice (the queue is rather beautiful as well) the large drop is pretty good in the back as well. The overall ride is on the short side but that's what they were going for... something bigger than Barnstormer but smaller than Big Thunder.

marc

CF Legend

Does anyone know how many trains there are, I.e. Anyone that has queued for Barnstormer will know the queue for that is normally long due to one train.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

valleyfair! said:
I got to ride today during a Cast Member preview, which was followed shortly by a soft opening. I believe the same thing happened yesterday, so there are a few chances for people to still catch a soft opening before the 28th.

I rode 3 times and it was great! Theming in the mine was good, not an extremely long ride, but still fun.

Whats the deal with this preview, did they limit it to MK only? I watched the Hub like a hawk and never saw any notice.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

I believe it runs four at once. Train 1 loading, Train 2 unload, Train 3, next to snow white's cottage (final block), and train 4 somewhere mid cycle. While riding yesterday as soon as train 1 pulled out of the station train 2 would advance into load from unload and train 3 would already be entering unload from the cottage block... so that would mean 4 trains were running.

And for what its worth, right now Magic Kingdom is doing their 24 hour day event and Mine Train did again soft-open for day guests, reports coming in say the line is 2.5 hours long! (damn)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Here's a soft opening walk through and POV video from wdwmagic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiYVHkNUJ-M[/youtube]

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster

rtotheizzo17 said:
valleyfair! said:

Whats the deal with this preview, did they limit it to MK only? I watched the Hub like a hawk and never saw any notice.

It was MK only earlier in the week, then a couple days later they opened it to all cast in the morning, followed by guests in the afternoon and evening. (Cast could continue to show ID to use the Fastpass line.) I didn't see it advertised on Hub, I only went based off another cast member telling me and it was true! I think the 24 hour day it was open to guests as well.

bmac

Giga Poster

It was open during the 24 hour day to guests according to Thrillgeek but it didn't open until the evening.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

It was open for the 24 hour day in the afternoon. Lines were running between 60 and 90 minutes. But because fastpass isn't active on the ride yet, the line pretty much never stops moving. We'll see how badly FP+ screws it over.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Any word on today? Probably going to stop by afterwork and try and pick up the cred!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

The coaster officially opened today and InsideTheMagic has released this video for the occation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWjGLxgW8s[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
There are have been a lot of complaints about the coaster already.

The seats are too small so if you are over 5ft 5 you are going to bang your knees.

Not so good for a family coaster.

Other complaints are it's too short. What did people expect?

nadroJ

CF Legend

I thought it seemed quite long considering? The dwarves are fab and I love the shadows as you ascend the final lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc

CF Legend

Tbh I think is more a case of people are queuing for over 2 hours so then feel let down.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

marc said:
Tbh I think is more a case of people are queuing for over 2 hours so then feel let down.
That and they've been building it for so long. The queue is like 2 hours + 2 years!