What's new

Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Lagoon 2015 - New "In House" Coaster

Since there's no need for a lift hill the footprint can afford to be more compact. How much more compact I do not know.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ That doesn't exactly stand, what about vertical lifts? They're pretty compact...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Track is going up now.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LagoonIsFun?fref=ts

1780854_10152139231990020_1755337652_n.jpg

Casio

Mega Poster

How does that small thing between the wheel and the skycoaster look anything like an elevator lift? Are you sure you're not talking about the skycoaster on the right?

Lofty

CF Legend

Casio said:
How does that small thing between the wheel and the skycoaster look anything like an elevator lift? Are you sure you're not talking about the skycoaster on the right?
Beat me to it. If anything, the structure on the left just looks like an enclosure/building of some kind...

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Where's the track (actual question)? All as I can see is the construction of two buildings.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^TheCoasterCruiser had photos of the track at the park in his first post.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I thought the comment I responded to was in direct reference to the image above, that's why I asked, I'd seen the images you'd linked above. Just out of curiosity, I can't remember if Lagoon normally release information prior to opening their rides, as in layout etc? Anybody know?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
61585_10152139232035020_1594921698_n.jpg

Isn't that the track? you can see it better in this pic than the previous one but it is there if you squint and mash your head on the screen.

Lofty

CF Legend
Thank you, I can see it now, my eyesight isn't the best it can be as of recent. Thanks for that :)

linear1982

Roller Poster
Howdy Folks, here's a Cannibal Update!

In the last 2 Weeks more track from Intermountain Lift, Inc. was belivered, the station/storage/workshop/PLC building is going up, as well as the structure for the elevator shaft and dive loop. Lagoon was supposed to install the concrete lid on the tunnel before the park opens on Saturday, but it appears as though that has been pushed back.

The latest photo was posted to the LagoonisFun Facebook page on the 14th. More photos from Sky Scraper will be showing up over the next week, since the park opens for it's 128th season on Saturday.

Thanks _Koppen for addressing most of the questions people had. I can elaborate a little more for those that like details. Dal Freeman, Lagoon's engineer worked for Arrow Dynamics and is responsible for designing Magnum XL-200 and several of the early Arrow coasters in the 90s. Dal designed Wicked in 2003 and Lagoon needed a partner to make it happen. Zierer was that partner. Even though Lagoon had designed and engineered Wicked, Zierer still insisted on having an additional opinion, which is where Stengel enters the picture. Wicked's columns/uprights, track, and trains were fabricated by Stakotra Manufacturing, LSM drives from InTraSys GmbH, and the PLC safety system from Actemium. After discovering problems with the weldments in the columns, Lagoon management decided they wanted a local fabricator as they had originally wanted, and to go it alone with their next coaster projects.

BomBora was designed and engineered by Dal Freeman and Lagoon's engineering dept., Intermountain Lift, Inc. in Springville, Utah, fabricated the columns and track, Stakotra Manufacturing the trains (complete with on-board audio and lighting), drives from Zierer, and PLC safety system from Actemium. Lagoon's maintenance and construction department also drove the the piles and poured the deep foundation/piers and also assembled the ride. The coaster track and columns look exactly like that from Premier Rides due to the fact Intermountain Lift, Inc. is the fabricator for Premier Rides and has also done work for Vekoma, Arrow Dynamics, S&S Power, Chance Rides, and Set Point. Stakotra Manufacturing is also a fabricator for Intamin, Huss, Zamperla, Maurer Söhne, and Gerstlauer. Dal Freeman also designed the lap bars and trains for BomBora.

Just like BomBora, Lagoon has designed and engineered Cannibal. Intermountain Lift, Inc. is fabricating the columns and track, Stakotra is fabricating the trains, and Actemium is supplying the PLC safety system. The trains will be 3 rows of 4 on four bogies with an overhead lap bar again all designed by Dal.

I think that's all I can reveal for the time being.

Edited throughout to remove unnecessary capitalization for easier reading. - ECG

Lofty

CF Legend
That's possibly the most insightful post I've seen in a long time. Thanks a lot for that, it was really an interesting read!

loveagiga

Roller Poster
As insightful as that post was, I seriously cannot get over how kick a** Cannibal is for a coaster name!!! =D>

CstrzRock

Roller Poster
linear1982 said:
Howdy Folks, here's a Cannibal Update!

In the last 2 Weeks more track from Intermountain Lift, Inc. was belivered, the station/storage/workshop/PLC building is going up, as well as the structure for the elevator shaft and dive loop. Lagoon was supposed to install the concrete lid on the tunnel before the park opens on Saturday, but it appears as though that has been pushed back.

The latest photo was posted to the LagoonisFun Facebook page on the 14th. More photos from Sky Scraper will be showing up over the next week, since the park opens for it's 128th season on Saturday.

Thanks _Koppen for addressing most of the questions people had. I can elaborate a little more for those that like details. Dal Freeman, Lagoon's engineer worked for Arrow Dynamics and is responsible for designing Magnum XL-200 and several of the early Arrow coasters in the 90s. Dal designed Wicked in 2003 and Lagoon needed a partner to make it happen. Zierer was that partner. Even though Lagoon had designed and engineered Wicked, Zierer still insisted on having an additional opinion, which is where Stengel enters the picture. Wicked's columns/uprights, track, and trains were fabricated by Stakotra Manufacturing, LSM drives from InTraSys GmbH, and the PLC safety system from Actemium. After discovering problems with the weldments in the columns, Lagoon management decided they wanted a local fabricator as they had originally wanted, and to go it alone with their next coaster projects.

BomBora was designed and engineered by Dal Freeman and Lagoon's engineering dept., Intermountain Lift, Inc. in Springville, Utah, fabricated the columns and track, Stakotra Manufacturing the trains (complete with on-board audio and lighting), drives from Zierer, and PLC safety system from Actemium. Lagoon's maintenance and construction department also drove the the piles and poured the deep foundation/piers and also assembled the ride. The coaster track and columns look exactly like that from Premier Rides due to the fact Intermountain Lift, Inc. is the fabricator for Premier Rides and has also done work for Vekoma, Arrow Dynamics, S&S Power, Chance Rides, and Set Point. Stakotra Manufacturing is also a fabricator for Intamin, Huss, Zamperla, Maurer Söhne, and Gerstlauer. Dal Freeman also designed the lap bars and trains for BomBora.

Just like BomBora, Lagoon has designed and engineered Cannibal. Intermountain Lift, Inc. is fabricating the columns and track, Stakotra is fabricating the trains, and Actemium is supplying the PLC safety system. The trains will be 3 rows of 4 on four bogies with an overhead lap bar again all designed by Dal.

I think that's all I can reveal for the time being.

Edited throughout to remove unnecessary capitalization for easier reading. - ECG

So where did ART Engineering GmbH come into play on Bombora? It's listed on their website as one of their creations.

linear1982

Roller Poster
Lagoon Officially Announced Cannibal on Thursday, September 4th! LagoonisFun is the only Coaster Enthusiast Website to Receive the Info from the Park. Since I can't post links, Lagoon unveiled several Renderings of the Ride, Logo, and many of the Details.

CstrzRock said:
So where did ART Engineering GmbH come into play on Bombora? It's listed on their website as one of their creations.
ART Engineering GmbH was responsible for the Final Engineering of the Ride, Fabricating of the Trains, and was the Primary Supplier for Drives (SEW), Switchable ECBs (InTraSys GmbH), Bolts, etc. Dal Freeman and Dustin Allen are Responsible for the Concept, Design, and Engineering. ART Engineering GmbH did the Calculations and drafted the Plans to be sent to the Fabricator. Right now it appears the Zierer connection may be just a person from Actemium Controlmatic GmbH in a Zierer Jacket or Shirt.