What's new

Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I couldn't find any existing thread on this one so here it is.

Apparently Lagoon is getting a new roller coaster for 2015 and track and supports has already begun to arrive in the park!

Source: http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.p ... 53&page=38

Here's what the above site has found out so far:

The Following Information has been Confirmed to us by LagoonisFun Sources:

Name: Cannibal
Type: Steel Roller Coaster with Vertical Elevator
Designer: Dal Freeman
Manufacturer: Lagoon Corporation
General Contractor: Lagoon Corporation
Colors: Red Track with Tan Uprights
Trains: 5 to 6
Inversions: 3 (Immelmann Loop, Unknown, Barrel Roll)
Height: 200+ Feet
Drop: 200+ Feet
Speed: 60+ MPH
Length: 2,000+ Feet
Cost: 10+ Million Dollars
Opening Date: Spring 2015

Other Details:
Track and Upright Fabricator: Intermountain Lift, Inc.
Train Fabricator: Stakotra
Elevator Fabricator: Unknown
PLC/Safety System: Actemium

Unconfirmed Details:
This Coaster MAY feature a Beyond Vertical Drop.

Notes:
Trains will have Lapbar Only Restraints.
Inversions will Include an Immelman Loop, Barrel Roll, and a Third Unknown Inversion.
First Major Steel Roller Coaster to be Entirely Designed, Engineered, and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company.

Sounds quite interesting!

normal_SAM_2423.jpg

normal_SAM_2420.jpg

normal_SAM_2418.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Lagoon 2015 - New "In House" Coaster

Impressive for an inhouse build.

No doubt it will be incredible, awful, **** scary, lame as **** or all of the former :)

Lofty

CF Legend

I'm actually more interested in seeing how this turns out rather than a lot of the new coasters announced for the near future.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

This sounds very interesting, very impressive for a in house build.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
First Major Steel Roller Coaster to be Entirely Designed, Engineered, and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company

Aren't most of Europa Park's coasters technically in-house?

But I'm quite intrigued to see how the track and support style appears.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

elephant58 said:
Aren't most of Europa Park's coasters technically in-house?
Same can be said of Luna Park (aka Zamperla Park) in Coney Island. The difference is the Mack Rides and Zamperla are established coaster designers/manufacturers, which Lagoon clearly isn't.

And the most recent example of an 'Entirely Designed, Engineered, and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company' coaster is Flying Turns at Knoebels and there have been others in the past.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I wouldnt call Flying Turns a major steel coaster ;)

Wouldnt the most recent one be that non-gerstlauer Eurofighter Dive Machine located in South Africa?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Lagoon 2015 - New "In House" Coaster

I thought Lagoon worked very closely with Zierer or had some sort of connection with them or S&S. I could be wrong.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Intricks said:
I wouldnt call Flying Turns a major steel coaster ;)
I overlooked the steel part. :oops:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Track is fine, they can farm the design to anyone like Stengle, farm the fabrication to a capable steel worker, cuts out the middleman costs, which essentially who most of these coaster manufacturers are anyway. Curious as to who's providing the rolling-stock?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

It sounds a lot like a longer, more reliable version of Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City meets SheiKra.

Interested to see this one. I bet it's either a totally unique gem or ends up being the next Flying Turns, or worse, Orphan Rocker. Only time will tell.

Lofty

CF Legend

2012Jarrett said:
It sounds a lot like a longer, more reliable version of Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City meets SheiKra.
What recess of your arse did you pull that gem from?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

And how can you label something as "more reliable" when it's still sitting in pieces in the car park?

spud

Roller Poster

Am I correct in thinking that thier bombora coaster is also a in house build? Also someone mentioned they may have help from Zierer, I can imagine there's some truth in that as they did build a vertical launch coaster there recently so would add up.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

spud said:
Am I correct in thinking that thier bombora coaster is also a in house build? Also someone mentioned they may have help from Zierer, I can imagine there's some truth in that as they did build a vertical launch coaster there recently so would add up.

If I remember correctly both Wicked and Bombora are in house built rides, the difference is that for Wicked they contracted the manufacturing out to Zierer, and for Bombora they went straight to the manufacturers of all the components, with no middle man.

Also I read somewhere that Zierer's and Lagoon's business relations are not that good anymore, but that may not be true.

bmac

Giga Poster

Bombara was designed by one of their very own employees who used to be a lead engineer for Arrow. Beyond that I think Wicked was as Koppen_ described.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

^ Well they built it, so I'm assuming that's why they list it on their site.
It's designed by Dal Freeman however, and I think that Stengel calculated it, but I'm not sure.

Would love to see another one built, maybe with a more exciting and extended layout after the tower.

spud

Roller Poster

^Did you read any of this topic before you posted?

Well with that information this could turn out to be a half decent ride, looking at the stats provided i'm guessing it'll have dive machine like features. The one thing that has me puzzled is the construction site, i'm sure a picture of it was posted ages ago and it was pretty small! Will be interesting to see a 200ft coaster cramped onto it for sure...