What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ah well, I think it'll be a great ride overall tbh, those dive machine drops are fantastic and the smaller size shouldn't make much difference to the sensation. It's a great theme concept, I just wish there was more interaction with the track =( ah well.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The positioning of the mouth is a bit... random and pointless... It's so far away from the drop is why I think it's not finished...

Can't imagine them making such a big deal about it only to not have it as the main focal point of the drop...

marc

CF Legend
Tbh I think it will lack in every area :(

Most people agree Oblivion's drop is the best simply due to the theming etc. This coaster just has nothing and tbh does less than the ones in the USA where the drop does not feel that great anyway.

For a lot of people though this will be their first DM so they will have nothing to compare it to.

It is what it is, it is just a shame as it could have been so much better just look at the space they had to work with :(

Ben

CF Legend
That mouth doesn't look big enough for the train to fit through... Like, at all. It's tiny.

HA.

That's another reason this thing is gonna succkkkk.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
*Thumbs down*

Merlin Y U NO make coaster go through mouth?!

y-u-no.jpg

The whole selling point of this ride was supposed to be that mouth wasn't it? =/

Now its just.. mehh.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh dear god, that isn't the theming done. It's just been placed there before they actually construct it. Surely you can't think that that's it? Lol. If you look carefully, it's kinda just plonked at the side of the drop, the mouth is still in different sections at the moment!

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HxW2g1V70&feature=feedf[/youtube]

Testing and other shots of it!

Ok, maybe I was wrong, that actually is the Krake's mouth. how lame. That water splash nearly catches with the train <3

Kebab

Giga Poster
It looks fun on the video, nothing too special. Just reminds me of Hydro with an inversion... :roll:

As with that mouth, it looks ****.

On the whole, I'd still give it a blast! I'm one for the drops, and that water splash looks quite fun. Still, it could've been a Euro-Fighter. Funnily enough I'd think a large Euro-Fighter would fit in to the park quite nicely, ah well. :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I actually think it looks better now I've seen that video. Still doesn't do a lot, but the water splash looks absolutely awesome.

Martyn B

CF Legend
That cant be finished yet! Pretty much all the marketing for this featured the drop into the mouth?

They even built some tunnel thing surrounding the bottom of the drop....they must have just changed their mind?

And my god, talk about an excessively long brake run!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Thing I don't get is why advertise it so it looks like you're being eaten by the Krake, something which would definitely have been achievable with the use of theming, but then just give everyone a half-arsed version of what you originally promised?

It's such a let down.

Pablo237

Roller Poster
HAHAHAHA What did you expect?? HYPE FAIL!!

That was rather is disappointing. And just one inversion and a airtime hill?? Just by looking at the layout plans you could tell it would be disappointing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Well we never actually saw any layout plans. The layout was first revealed not so long ago on a NL creation.

Lofty

CF Legend
Pablo237 said:
HAHAHAHA What did you expect?? HYPE FAIL!!

That was rather is disappointing. And just one inversion and a airtime hill?? Just by looking at the layout plans you could tell it would be disappointing.

Nobody knew what it was going to look like, plus, if you actually bother to READ the topic, since we found out what the layout was going to be, we've all said it's going to be dire...

Anyway, moving away from the idiocy: This video gives another view to the theming, although they've added the mist and what not, it's still not good..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eqXrfuEucI&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As with all dive machines, it looks majestic. Disappointed about the lack of mouth action. An ok coaster imo. Another one to unsticky :)