What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | Mahoossive B&M Invert

^ It is just a marketing term they want to use instead of helix. Silver Bullet at Knott's also features a "Carousel Turn" headed into the corkscrews.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Kings Island |

jolash said:
2012Jarrett said:
Think Great Wolf Lodge would let me?

I once slept in Great Wolfs parking lot, walked in through a side door to wash up in one of their bathroom sinks, and then aimlessly wandered around the place in the middle of the night without anyone even noticing me. I don't think they'll mind you taking a few pictures in their parking lot.
Thanks, that helps a lot. I was just wondering if it was like Kalahari where they valet park your car and unless you have to leave the resort you don't see it again until you leave. I just wanted to make sure I could park and leave when I wanted to. Also, for those of you that have stayed, is there any way I could get free access to a window on the top floor on the side facing Kings Island? Probably not but you never know. I know some hotels have windows in the hallways.

Hyde244 said:
^ It is just a marketing term they want to use instead of helix. Silver Bullet at Knott's also features a "Carousel Turn" headed into the corkscrews.
I honestly see no reason why they did that. Was this the work of the same guy that named that first overbank on Leviathan a barrel roll? :p

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

I don't think GWL is tall enough or close enough to really make it worth your while to try and see construction from up there.

I could be wrong, but at only 4 stories, and with trees/top gun between the hotel and the construction...

Jarrett

rollermonkey said:
I don't think GWL is tall enough or close enough to really make it worth your while to try and see construction from up there.

I could be wrong, but at only 4 stories, and with trees/top gun between the hotel and the construction...
At four stories it might be tricky. I was thinking I might be able to see through the trees with a telephoto to follow the batwing/inline when they go up but I bet I'm better off just looking at the webcam.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | B&M Invert

Was at the park yesterday, sorry for not bringing back photos as we were at the waterpark throughout the day.

The first lift hill supports are erect, with plenty of track and supports on site. Nothing really exciting to see until the construction begins going very vertical.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Hyde244 said:
Was at the park yesterday, sorry for not bringing back photos as we were at the waterpark throughout the day.

The first lift hill supports are erect, with plenty of track and supports on site. Nothing really exciting to see until the construction begins going very vertical.

#FIRSTVERTICALCONSTRUCTIOPICTUREFAIL

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Vertical construction photos of Banshee from Kings Island:

226607_10152114982528368_2048852480_n.jpg

971821_10152123493183368_241724118_n.jpg

946342_10152123493668368_705592309_n.jpg

1240585_10152123493898368_39655498_n.jpg

525746_10152123494308368_416244707_n.jpg

999585_10152123495043368_370224030_n.jpg

Jarrett

Looking at the webcam, you can see that those two convex supports I photographed when I was there seem to have grown to eight-ish. Any idea whether or not they were all convex?

If some were concave, I bet the three remaining lift supports and three-ish drop supports go up at a normal space and then track just flies onto then like Leviathan's did.

jolash

Mega Poster

Pretty sure it's just transfer, but it's something nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster

It's beautiful. Can't wait till more track comes up.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Once they get the brakes and maintenance bay complete, the ride should fly up. They already have the supports for the base of the lift up.

scw55

Hyper Poster

The colour scheme does remind me of those "Drinks with semi-frozen slush" (Slush Puppy).
Blueraspberry and Fakestrawberry.
Perhaps that's one aspect on the decision for the colour scheme (as seen by the Ice Cream).

At least it beats the UK's fetishism for Black Coaster track.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

This is going up very fast (thats what she said :wink: )

Hopefully we'll see testing by late December.

BBH

Giga Poster

I am in love with this shade of red. It's a very nice contrast to the blue.

jolash

Mega Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
This is going up very fast (thats what she said :wink: )

Hopefully we'll see testing by late December.

Won't happen. We have rough winters around here. I've NEVER seen a new coaster test around here before, say, March.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

The structure will most likely be completed in December, but we probably won't see testing until March or so, as Jolash stated. They'll have plenty of time for electrical and other needed bits of work.