What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Guys, it's going to be over 300 feet tall. If MilF has an 80* drop, what's an extra 10 or 15? If they can get away with an airtime monster like Bizarro or El Toro, they can do it on this ride's first drop.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
rollerdude said:
Guys, it's going to be over 300 feet tall. If MilF has an 80* drop, what's an extra 10 or 15? If they can get away with an airtime monster like Bizarro or El Toro, they can do it on this ride's first drop.

You were talking about the lift piece...it's not 90 degrees. The drop is a whole different story.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
how long will these trains be?

The trains will be long. as the top-of-lift peices are so drawn out.

I still think the lift will be vertical though =). The angle of the lift should have no relation on the length of the train, only the radius of pull out at the top. I don't see a problem with having a large radius with a verical lift, infact it makes the support structure make sense.

A

Anonymous

bob_3_ said:
I still think the lift will be vertical though =). The angle of the lift should have no relation on the length of the train, only the radius of pull out at the top. I don't see a problem with having a large radius with a verical lift, infact it makes the support structure make sense.
Sorry but your reasoning isn't true. The steeper the lift the heavier the load will be on the lifting system, which might force them to reduce the length of the train so the motors will be able to handle the load.
The bent piece that form the pull-up on to the lift is about 50-60° so that's how steep the lift will be.
Also a vertical lift is to extreme for this type of coaster and also poses safety issues. A long vertical lift isn't comfortable for such a long period and in the case of an emergency where a train is stopped on the lift it will be very hard to evacuate a long train fast.

Snoo

The Legend
Exactly.. lifting a full train.. a long Intamin train.. vertically +300ft? Not happening.

A

Anonymous

Unless intamin stole magic pixie dust from tinkerbell, physics is going to stop a 300 foot vertical chain lift. but you never know... they are wonder workers! nothing is immpossible.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, fine. I owe everybody a sexual favor...

This makes me really curious about the drop. Unless they're clearing out more land, there won't be enough space for a drop like Millennium Force. Maybe they'll do something like Expedition Geforce?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Maybe they'll do something like Expedition Geforce

I've heard good things about Expedition Geforce's drop, and I imagine with this being taller, it would only making it more thrilling.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I dunno, Expedition GeFore isn't considered amazing because of it's first drop, it's what comes after that makes it shine. I'm not saying the first drop is bad, but I'm just saying, it's not what gave it it's reputation.

Yet Millennium Force's drop is apprently the best bit. I've even heard it been called one of the best coaster drops around.

I think I'd prefer a straight drop.

marc

CF Legend
For me EGF was about the 1st drop tbh. When we rode it there was not that much airtime so it was the drop that done it for me. A lot of people that rode it when I did went on about the drop more than the rest of the coaster.

I know what you mean though, people raved about it due to the air time. I personally got more airtime on the mega lite last week.

tks

Strata Poster
Pray to god they don't make GeForce. It's not that good.. The drop is insane and the first couple of hills have wicked airtime. But after that it just dies a death with the trims.

Anyway... ANOTHER Clint video... (does this person have a life) where he sooms in on LOTS OF TRACKZ YAY.

Oh well. Vertical lift could still happen? It might be a ladder :lol:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Here's some photos I took last Thursday:

IMG_9335.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow that's bright. It's certainly going to stand out on the skyline, I'd rather something other than Red and Yellow though.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. I wish they would come up with some better color schemes. I, just once, want a big sexy coaster built here with some black track.. delicious.

^ Yeah, between Thunderhawk, Diamondback, Kings Dominion's coaster, and Carowind's new coaster, we're seeing way too much of the McDonalds thing going on and I wish they'd get a little bit more original.

Anyway... ANOTHER Clint video... (does this person have a life)

Say that all you want, but look how many people watch them..

Status
Not open for further replies.