What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

peep

CF Legend
He sounds like Ernie off Sesame street. It amuses me :p

It's good that someone is up to making all these updates but it's just getting stupid, nothing happens and yet he still feels the need to post an 8 min video saying that nothing has happened since his last visit.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
His names Clint Novak, he is the host and creator of the In the Loop podcast. Clint's actually are a really great guy and if you haven't listened to the show before check it out it's my favorite park podcast. He does these cause he lives near the park, yeah hes got a cartoon voice but so what hes a funny guy.

Snoo

The Legend
Well it would seem Kings Dominion seems to be stuck on the date 8/20/09 at 11 a.m.

From their Twitter/Facebook-
"Kings Dominion 8-20-2009 at 11am.... a new chapter will begin!"
"08-20-09-11am"
"I bet we'll know whats going on by Aug 20, 2009! don't forget - it will get tweeted first!"
"Thursday August 20, 2009 is coming!"

RCF

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Well it would seem Kings Dominion seems to be stuck on the date 8/20/09 at 11 a.m.

From their Twitter/Facebook-
"Kings Dominion 8-20-2009 at 11am.... a new chapter will begin!"
"08-20-09-11am"
"I bet we'll know whats going on by Aug 20, 2009! don't forget - it will get tweeted first!"
"Thursday August 20, 2009 is coming!"

Something tells me the announcement will be on August 20th (my birthday!!!) :--D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
At least we now know when the light will be shed on this. This ride has been such a surprise so far, and I'm sure the announcement will be a surprise in itself.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^I agree. I'm waiting for this coaster to surprise us somehow. Although, we didn't expect an other Giga, so that's one in the bag already.

RCF

Strata Poster
valleyfair! said:
His names Clint Novak, he is the host and creator of the In the Loop podcast. Clint's actually are a really great guy and if you haven't listened to the show before check it out it's my favorite park podcast. He does these cause he lives near the park, yeah hes got a cartoon voice but so what hes a funny guy.

I'm listening to it right now.
actually it's from last week.

RCF

Strata Poster
Double post I know but Snoo, I was on wikipedia (I know it's not that reliable) but it confirmed 8/20 as the announcement. Just saying.

A

Anonymous

^did you just sneeze? twice? :p

As for the coaster... Time to put on my eager face and wait 20 more days! yay!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Verbal update from earlier today.

That piece of track is definitely 90*. I looked at it from many angles today, and I'm gonna look at it from even more tomorrow.

As for the actual site, it's still a lot of dirt, but a lot of footers are appearing. There seems to be many low turns like on Goliath at Walibi World. There's now a large pit about 15-20 feet deep next to Anaconda, by that clump of trees that's filled with rebar for a large footer. This is most likely going to be for the lift.

I didn't take any pics, so you'll just have to wait.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, another update. There's a lot of cement poured and I'm 99% sure that the station and lifthill will be parallel to Anaconda's lifthill. The brake run will be next to Flight of Fear, and a left hand turn will go into the station. There are also many footers which show a bunch of turns, possibly a helix or a figure eight, near the end of the ride, kind of like Goliath at Walibi World. I'll post some pictures when I get home.

Also, as for that track piece I mentioned earlier, it's now completely surrounded by other track pieces and is almost impossible to see. I still think it's close to 90* though. Just by looking at the plot of land, I still think the lift will be 90, because there really isn't any room in the cleared space to have a 45* lift unless they have a turning drop.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
rollerdude said:
Ok, another update. There's a lot of cement poured and I'm 99% sure that the station and lifthill will be parallel to Anaconda's lifthill. The brake run will be next to Flight of Fear, and a left hand turn will go into the station. There are also many footers which show a bunch of turns, possibly a helix or a figure eight, near the end of the ride, kind of like Goliath at Walibi World. I'll post some pictures when I get home.

Also, as for that track piece I mentioned earlier, it's now completely surrounded by other track pieces and is almost impossible to see. I still think it's close to 90* though. Just by looking at the plot of land, I still think the lift will be 90, because there really isn't any room in the cleared space to have a 45* lift unless they have a turning drop.

It's not 90 degrees. It's just steep. But I'll concur with that footer comment though. There are tons more footer than before. And most of them are also very large.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
I do wonder another thing.. if it will be nice and steep.. how long will these trains be?

I've been wondering that too. Hopefully they'll go the smart route and do a 9 x 4. KD needs another people eater. Too many low capacity rides in the park. But with it being so steep I'm kind of questioning that 9 x 4 thing...hmph.

Status
Not open for further replies.