What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Lewis

Hyper Poster
My girlfriend has booked us tickets to see Russell Howard at the o2!

(She's obssessed with him and drags me along, honest! :lol:)

NASHER

Roller Poster
Arctic Monkeys were incredible :shock: cool)
ended up missing the last train home to Bristol and spending the night in a proper grotty hotel/B&B near Victoria. :|
All in all though....well worth it! :)

tks

Strata Poster
Went to see ALPHABEAT last night. Proper, not a million miles away at the end of a Gaga Catwalk. Oooooh they were awesome, I didn't stop dancing all night :D

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
Napalm death were as per expectation.... AWESOME Kudos goes to neuroma and desicration as well.

This fridsy i'm off to sheffield to see Gama Bomb and Mutant! Whoop!

clecktown

Roller Poster
Saw LCD Soundsystem last night at the Academy in Leeds.
Absolutely phenominal. James Murphy is one of my favourite modern composers, and seeing the music peformed live in band was fantastic.
Every song had the right energy to it, the band were excellent (composed of many talented artists), and it seemed like a great way to play dance music, as opposed to the more common "one-man-and-his-laptop" approach.
+ They opened with Get Innocuous! Which is probably my favourite song of all theirs.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've just got tickets for Marina and the Diamonds in October. It's a bit of a far off yet, and I don't even know where I'll be living then, so I opted for the show in Birmingham since it's on a Saturday and it's quite central.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I recently saw this band skillet, they arent very big, but they have a huge stage presence, and almost blew up the place a few times with so many pyros

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Lewis said:
Going to see Kele Okereke (of Bloc Party) at Southampton Uni on 3rd July :D

Could be interesting. I've only heard the single of his new album, and its gone a bit too far down the wrong track for me. I didn't mind the electronic direction to Bloc Party's recent stuff, I quite enjoyed it actually, but Tenderoni has just got a bit of a 'Fedde le Grande' edge to it, which puts me off a bit!

davidm

Strata Poster
Maroon 5... at this corporate gig tonight... on an artificial beach in Las Vegas...

(crap pic from phone)
4620970386_719ee6a5da.jpg

...can you say "bland"?

Open bar though, so that was nice. :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
This is the most apt place to put this, but as I speak, Muse have unexpectedly and randomly set up stage at Milton Keynes Bowl (Literally quarter of a mile down the road, 3 mins walk away) and are doing their set list for sound checks for their tours in the next few days.

It's almost like a secret show.

If Muse weren't the most over rated band in the world in my opinion, I may have been quite excited, but I know we have a few Muse-Mad CFers, so thought I'd let you know.

Maybe this is a sign they'll be playing a full concert here soon? ;)

EDIT: They are also filming for music videos/adverts or something. They've apparently been letting a few people in.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
This is the most apt place to put this, but as I speak, Muse have unexpectedly and randomly set up stage at Milton Keynes Bowl (Literally quarter of a mile down the road, 3 mins walk away) and are doing their set list for sound checks for their tours in the next few days.

It's almost like a secret show.

If Muse weren't the most over rated band in the world in my opinion, I may have been quite excited, but I know we have a few Muse-Mad CFers, so thought I'd let you know.

Maybe this is a sign they'll be playing a full concert here soon? ;)

EDIT: They are also filming for music videos/adverts or something. They've apparently been letting a few people in.

I do believe this is just a test of the stage and the new equipment before they go out on their Stadium tour, I suppose the bowl is a good place to test it out, work out any kinks.

I've seen a few pics of the stage from last week, I believe, so they must have either had it up a while or taken it down and put it back up.

[/fanboi]

Rush

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:

Says the Pendulum fan. :wink:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Pendulum <3 Listening to them at Radio 1 Big Weekend as we speak. makes me want July to come faster :(

And Lewis: Apparently been there a few weeks, just testing stuff, very low key. Last night they actually starting playing their set, so I suppose that's when people started hearing them and got excited. Fun stuff.

They have this absolutely huge sound blocker/camera stand set up which must be about 100ft high as it's much taller than the stage. From the side it almost looks like a lift hill :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Sorry for double post....but....

I JUST BOOKED TICKETS FOR PENDULUM @ WEMBLEY AREA THIS FRIDAY!!!! :D :D

Erherm...yes...I am excited, though, I'm on my own as it was quite short notice and one of my mates who wanted to come with isn't allowed due to strict parents and revision.

£30 and guest featuring Sub Focus. Not bad if I may say so :)

However.... :D