What's new

Formula 1 2010

Peter

Hyper Poster
Fantastic race, worth getting up at 6am to watch. :)

Hamilton put on an amazing performance, with a load of overtakes in the first half of the race and great pace catching the Ferrari's in the 2nd half. Just a shame Webber had to ram up him the backside before he could get Alonso, and that the team made him change tyres.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't necessarily think the tyre change was a bad idea. McLaren seem to be a team that like risky tyre changes, and sometimes it comes good for them. Had it not been for the fact that overtaking is difficult in dryer conditions it would have worked for them.

A

Anonymous

A great race, very exciting, shame about Webber slamming into Hamilton. Ah well, at least Button won, can't really complain.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Can't believe I'm up at this ungodly hour waiting for the race to begin. It'll be worth staying up all night if this race is as good as the Aussie one. Hopefully Schumi & Vettel will have better luck today. Will also be interesting to see what Ferrari & McLaren will do after screwing up in qualifying.
Looks like de la Rosa is out before the race has even begun.

A

Anonymous

Looking interesting so far. Alonso has a down shift issue and some of the lower teams are starting to mix it up. Red bulls running off from the start. Almost half the race done now and its looking good.

Petrov good drive so far.

Shame Schumacher had the wheel nut/rear suspension break.

A

Anonymous

Nice to see the new boys getting stuck in. I hope the reliabilety picks up and we have a near full compliment of cars finishing the races soon.

Lotus meh not as good as last time
Virgin Getting there just bigger tank please
HRT more like it keep it up.

Sauber WTF new engines please

Alonso did the best he could but his engine gave up.

Nice one Vettel and Webber and to see niko up there is good.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So glad that Vettel finally got to show he's the best, but still hoping Schumi gets the chance to prove that he can still do it. Still 3 Germans in the top 5 & 4 in the top 10 today, so I really shouldn't complain.
I really feel for Alonso after doing so well throughout the race with that transmission trouble only for the engine to give out with one lap to go.
The standings are really tight now with just 4 points separating the top 5! If Hamilton or Kubica can pull of a win it'll be a madhouse at the top.
I don't see all the doom & gloom many were predicting with the rule changes & it's actually been a very promising start toward what could well be an exciting season.

marc

CF Legend
I am one of few on here that remember f1 before 1994 when cars carried their race fuel and I remember people having to pass on track. That is 2 races now where we have seen racing, over taking etc its so much better than people waiting for the pit stops.

I still cannot see MS making it past mid season, today would have been a wake up call for him.

Thats already 2 engines down for Alonso but he is lucky he did not complete the race, had he finished and needed a new gear box he would have lost 5 places on the grid for the next race. They seem to think the engine blew due to an over rev when trying to pass Button but at least he went for it.

There was some great racing out there today up and down the grid really enjoyed it.

At the Spanish GP we will see if it will be close or not once teams have to change their mirrors and put the new updates on the cars.

Vettel is a very lucky boy as is Lewis, had this been last year both would have got drive throughs. If Lewis weaves like that again he will get a penalty and Vettel has a warning for passing a car under a yellow flag.

Renault complained about the weave but were informed it was not under braking and Lewis was just braking the tow, had it been under braking he would have got a drive through.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Most spectacular crash so far goes to Buemi!

_47654373_buemi-466.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 624182.stm

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
wow - that vid just did the rounds in my office - aren't wheels supposed to be held on with cables or something these days?

Apparently he looked a 'bit angry' going back into the garage!

marc

CF Legend
The cables the hold the wheels to the car also failed due to the part they are attached to coming away.

The wheels did actually clear the fence and just about missed a camera man and the crowd.

The driver is very lucky that it happened there and not on another track, he was not doing 180KPH though like reported he had already slowed down in the breaking area.

Nasty crash and a very lucky driver.

It is on BBC iplayer if anyone wishes to see it :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe he can get a decent result if that's the case, but I hope it isn't.
It's going to be another late night tonight since the race starts at 2:30am.

marc

CF Legend
Wow what a race, edge of the seat stuff for just about every lap really enjoyed it.

Vettel and Lewis have both been told off for the pit lane thing but no penalty.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Absolutely crazy race, really enjoyed it best one so far this year. All the excitement at the start and multiple safety cars really changed things up and it was an amazing race. Well done to Button and Hamilton for taking a 1-2 for McLaren but can't believe Vettel still can't turn a pole into a win. Well done to Petrov aswell he did great to get 7th.

marc

CF Legend
We are still waiting for MS to finish the race lol :)

Where was the so called rain master on Sunday? I think he got over taken more times in that race than he has in god knows how many years.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Clearly all we need to do to keep F1 interesting for the whole season is buy a job lot of sprinklers. Wet track = interesting. Fair play to Button again though, he's once again proving me wrong!