What's new

Formula 1 2010

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^Join in after the first race Vadge, still 18 races left & the scoring system is generous :).

It's only Q1 but looks tight as hell at the front!

Oh, & if FIA reckon I'm going to pay £20 for the official iPhone app they can cow off!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Vadge said:
In non fantasy league related news... This year I are be mostly supporting: Force India.
Is that because it has the word "Force" in it, like CoasterForce? And you can spell Ian from India and have a I and D left over?

Nic

Strata Poster
hahaha! No... more because they're based in England, and it's a good underdog story.

marc

CF Legend
Ferrari are going to be to strong this weekend, RBR look fast but they do not have the race pace.

Mclaren do not have the 1 lap pace but we knew that anyway.

Is that Ralf or Michael in the car? lol. I still give him 5 races before he has back problems.

A

Anonymous

The way the new part of the track looks it could break Micheal after the race.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Vettel's the man! Surprised the Ferrari's weren't closer to him, & McLarens struggled.

This Bahrain circuit is completely soulless though - probably more camels watching than spectators!

marc

CF Legend
Vettel might be on pole but he has no where near the race pace of Ferrari, Merc and Mclaren so he will be sitting duck after a few laps.

Lain

Giga Poster
I thought it was dull as hell. Woot.

Also, I'm bottom of our little fantasy league. Go me. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't watch F1 usually but I watched the race start of this one. The smoke at the start was cool when the tyre blew or something. Although not good news if you're the driver.

marc

CF Legend
They are already looking to make them all stop twice in the race from the next race onwards to improve the action and not make it a race to look after tyres.

I felt let down as I thought the grid was closer matched but it seems the gap is huge and only Ferrari and rbr are able to fight. It could also be due to this track being so long.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'm hoping that each car performs vastly differently in different conditions. At the moment though, I see it as being Alonso Vettel and Massa fighting for the title, Hamilton Rosberg Webber Button Schumacher fighting for midtable, Renault, Sauber and Force India just finishing and the new teams finding it a success to finish the season.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
How rubbish was that? Almost the world's most boring race.

I watch F1 to see the world's top drivers push themselves to the limit, not drive like grannies. Bad bad decision to take away the refuelling, it's changed from a sprint to a marathon now, and marathons are boring to watch.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Martyn said:
It was dull.

Never fear, it's Sebring next weekend! I hope I can find a stream!

Is it not being shown on 'proper' tv? Rubbish, I was going to suggest watching that!

Also, the 'new' Sakhir circuit didn't help racing did it? It just made things even more dull and long. Hopefully things'll be a bit more interesting in Melbourne in a couple of weeks. People'll be developing continually over the season, from the new teams through to the top teams, so it should hopefully get a bit closer and more interesting. Its probably between Alonso & Seb though.

marc

CF Legend
All this track tested was traction no longer areo so maybe things are not as spread out as they seemed.

Regarding the fuel loads. I remember races in the 80's and 90's and they had no problems giving action. The problems these days are the tracks, cars and tyres. Look what happened as soon as Alonso closed in he had to back off had Vettel not had a problem Alonso would have never challenged him even though his car was faster.

If they bring the 2 pit stop rule in it will be better but it should not be needed really.

The RBR car and the Ferrari are the best cars out there, but on race pace the Mclaren is not that far off in the hands of Lewis.

Button was a big let down tbh I thought he would be closer than that to Lewis.