What's new

Formula 1 2010

Novas

Mega Poster
Nice idea. I'm in. =)

Edit: I've done it, but it's a very dull fantasy style game and badly structured.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^They're all fairly similar Novas - e.g. the Autosport one is 6 drivers and a team, and costs £10 to enter!

It might be more better if you choose the other option - 40m and changeable drivers, rather than 45m and no changes. At least then it gives you something to play with during the season :).

nealbie

CF Legend
I'm in - 'Blue Cow Racing' (by far the best and most imaginative name so far :p )

Also, it's fab to see the Mercedes and McLaren being clearly the fastest cars atm. Which is very good for Mercedes, especially if McLaren is found to be illegal - which Marc thinks it will, pessimism eh? :roll:

But LOL, and I mean EPIC LOL at Rosbeg for going out and doing a quali lap just to be fastest, other than that lap, Lewis and Michael were the fastest. But Lewis has tyre issues and Michael has set up issues (god damn is he pissed with that car lol!).

So they can only get quicker. Button has been below par thus far - disappointment.

marc

CF Legend
Its all very close.

I think Button is doing ok he is keeping Lewis honest but then again this is not a track Lewis has ever gone well on and was expected to suit Button more.

I think a few teams are holding back at the moment.

Novas

Mega Poster
Ok I've read the scoring system in more detail, and there is more scope for using stratagy as the season goes on. :)

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I thought McLaren's "rear wing adjusted by driver's knee" has been cleared already? It's also genius! :D

Same thought to you Neal - are you happy choosing the 45m option but being unable to change drivers? I can't see yours yet, (although I can hazard a guess at one of them :p), but might be more fun if you can change it during the season.

C'mon Marc, join in! :p

nealbie

CF Legend
I get bored with fantasy leagues very quickly, so I've put my team up and will leave it there. I'll rely on other people to check for me. I'm assuming a scoreboard will be posted on here by the league manager after every race? ;)

So it makes more sense to use the 45million budget in my case.

And yes, it's perfectly legal. And very clever!

BUT

All the teams agreed to non-stalling wings, so McLaren have basically been sneaky and underhand, going against all the other teams behind their backs. It's really annoyed me and somewhat ruined the start of the season!

I'm very disappointed in a team that has claimed to have "changed" ar Marc keeps telling me :p

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Neal said:
I'm assuming a scoreboard will be posted on here by the league manager after every race? ;)
If I'm winning, yes :wink:.

Neal said:
All the teams agreed to non-stalling wings, so McLaren have basically been sneaky and underhand, going against all the other teams behind their backs. It's really annoyed me and somewhat ruined the start of the season!
Getting your excuses in early I see :p.

I think it's going to be a very interesting start to the season!

Although HAVING IT START ON MOTHER'S DAY is not bloody helpful! :?

nealbie

CF Legend
Hahaha! Indeed, they have opened up their nose after all :)

But this is really underhand and unsporting - something we were expecting from Schumacher, not do-goodie McLaren :lol:

Lain

Giga Poster
Neal said:
I get bored with fantasy leagues very quickly, so I've put my team up and will leave it there. I'll rely on other people to check for me.

That'll be why you're rock bottom of the fantasy football league then? :p

I've put a team in the thing. I am not optimistic. xD

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm currently watching 2nd Practise on iPlayer whilst in the labs at uni.

Is it just me or are all the cars looking really sexy this year. Best looking cars on the track for years IMO. I keep on forgetting who's in which car at the moment though. XD

I've entered the fantasty league thing under a really boring name.

Come on McLaren! :--D

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^Not had a good look at the cars yet, can't see in work :(.

It's always confusing at the start though!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^Weird, the teams have indeed frozen yet it still says Sat 8am on the main page!

Liking your team name though Marc :p.

nealbie

CF Legend
Schumi's now just a tenth and a bit behind Nico - he's getting there. He'll still lose to him in quali, but we were all expecting that anyway.

Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull are all a tad faster than McLaren in quali trim, but Lewis didn't get a go so Button may have just mucked up his lap - didn't look to have made a mistake though :?

Anywho, fantasy F1 Teams.

Slayed - Sutil, Alonso, Kobayashi, Hamilton
Novas - Sutil, Hamilton, Rosberg, Barrichello
Neal - Sutil, Button, Schumacher, Hulkenberg
Smithy - Senna, Massa, Kobayashi, Trulli, Glock
Lain - Senna, Alguersuari, Button, Kobayashi, Chandhok
Peter - Hamilton, Schumacher, Vettel
Marc - N/A

Looks good - I think I'm in with a shout, wished I'd selected Alonso instead of Button now though, as the McLaren looks off pace in quali trim - but he should do fine in the race. Unlike Mr Problems Hamilton :lol:

Nic

Strata Poster
Bugger, was too drunk and moody to bother when Neal was trying to talk me into this yesterday, and now I'm up for it, it's too late. Ah well.

In non fantasy league related news... This year I are be mostly supporting: Force India.