What's new

Formula 1 2009

nealbie

CF Legend
I feel sorry for Rosberg, easily man of the race. 1 lump of dust ruined his entire race. All of Lewis's challengers just disappeared in an Italian Mafia manner :lol: .

Piquet corner made me lol though, Brundle is a legend.

Button had a GREAT race today as well, getting ****ed up by the safety car then coming back to 5th; was expecting an interesting last few corners but Rubens wasn't quick enough for that. Brawn to win constructors in Suzuka. Button to make Barrichello cry in Brazil :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
Is it just me or is F1 just getting REALLY boring. I mean every race now I give up watching anything other than the start and finish.

It is. Has been for the last two seasons. I've decided to give up watching...I fell asleep, and not for the first time, during today's race.

Whatever happened to the fun, exciting, pule racing days of F1, which were not that long ago?!

nealbie

CF Legend
Even I fell asleep Ciall.

I've decided that Schumi and Hakkinen have to come back for the entertainment value, plus we can then have DECENT ****ing drivers winning the championships.

Team More Money Than Sense F1 FTW :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It's not just the tracks and cars, it;s the drivers. When their bosses have to come on the radio telling their drivers to try and overtake someone you know it's boring.

marc

CF Legend
Was a rubbish race, same as last year.

Not much to add really apart from Button will win the championship as his rivals dont seem to want to challenge :)

The best part of the race was the F1 forum with JV and Mika.

Bloody hell Sutil got fines $20,000 thats more than Renault got for race fixing lol.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78984

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^That said, Renault have lost two massive sponsors which are worth millions.

Race was indeed boring. Most exciting bit was the Toro Rosso leaving the pits with fuel rig still attached. Didn't quite get as far as Massa this time.

nealbie

CF Legend
^Which is odd really because with both cars having a brake problems you'd have thought it wouldn't have stopped AHAHAHAHAHA! :roll:

Mark

Strata Poster
The point is, Renault have pretty much got away with it as a team. They got a suspended disqualification. I mean WTF is that all about....

After all the **** they gave McLaren last year and then they claim they are impartial... impartial my big white ass! They are anything but impartial.

The race at the weekend was a yawn worthy affair AGAIN. Much like most of this season. For the majority of races this year I have watched the first ten laps say and then feel the need to either slit my wrists or drift into a deep sleep for the afternoon, sometimes both!

Props to Button for making some progress in the race though, even if it was mainly due to other racers mistakes.

Button is a prime example of how the race win rule changes wont work though. Yes, he might have won a particular number of races, but look at some of his positions in the ones he didnt win. How would that make it fairer?

Ie (Extreme example) You win 6 races but also finish in places like 14,16,11,9,DNF,Last and you win the championship? Surely the racer that has consisitently been in the top5 is actually the better???? I think they should just increase the points difference between 1st and 2nd. That way, when you do win a race you are rewarded by making better headway in gaining a lead.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Mark said:
The point is, Renault have pretty much got away with it as a team. They got a suspended disqualification. I mean WTF is that all about....

What else could they do?

Immediate suspension or a huge fine wouldn't be fair on the team members who had nothing to do with the crash. Renault as a team and Renault as a car company didn't know about the incident, and when they found out about it, Flav and Pat were gotten rid of.

If they suspended Renault, they wouldn't come back, if they had a massive fine, they'd probably leave too.

Yes McLaren's punishment was ridiculous, but you can't really use a ridiculous punishment to justify another one. Plus, McLaren weren't exactly going to leave F1 were they?

marc

CF Legend
The other talking point from the weekend is Webber's having to let Alonso back past.

Spa Kimi went wide, not to avoid a crash, he over took 2 cars and lined up Kubica and over took him. He by rights should have let them all back pass or take a penalty, not go on to win the race.

Webber did over take Alonso but was also avoiding a crash as Alonso also ran wide.

Alonso ran wide at the 1st turn so he should have let the cars he over took back past as well.

Yet again it shows they can not fully apply rules.

Mclaren only got that fine at the 2nd hearing, the 1st hearing they got away with it. Same goes for Renault. But Piquet should have been fined its stupid.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Fantastic drive by Jenson, that race alone deserved the championship.

At long last he gets what he should have won months ago.

Kinda ruins the last race though. It is going to be fantastic, having seen what it will be like, but a championship decider would have made it better than it probably will be.

marc

CF Legend
One of the best races of the year, who says reverse grids would not work :)

Well done Button and Brawn was great to see Button pushing and over taking, great drive.

Also Lewis and Vettel pulled one out the bag to great drives.

Webber did well but will get over looked which is a same, still not sure if that move on the 1st lap is 100% correct but we have seen someone in a red car get away with the same move on JPM.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'd actually say that was the best race this year. I was entertained all the way through for once. That was one brilliant start with the crashes and the flash fire! :)

Lewis did pretty dam good too concidering he was all the way at the back.

Well done Button!

nealbie

CF Legend
Haven't been so into F1 since the 2006 Brazilian race. And Button pulled off the best drive I've seen since that race as well!

Pure class, doubters challenged him to come up with a championship deserving race and he did not disappoint. Get that man in a Ferrari I say! We don't need Felipe, he's more than competent at waving a flag :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nah, if he is back as his old self next year and Ferrari actualy make a decent car for the whole year, I can see him being champion. If he never is, he will probably be one of the best never to win it.

Hopefully Brawn will keep going, or Red Bull will win, no bad thing, but I'd prefer Brawn to win. The cars are pretty much the same as this year, so good news for RB and Brawn, bad news for us who have to watch the cars. Has anyone else noticed that BMWs nose seems upside down? Looks more like it creates lift than downforce.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Pissed off that he won the WDC, he's a total prick and I hope this is his first and last.

Was an entertaining race, Kobayashi was the driver of the day for me, AWESOME overtaking and defending moves all race, this guy has balls. Hope toyota sign him for next year, after Trulli's unprofessional behaviour towards Sutil (when the crash was HIS fault) I hope he is in a crap team next year.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Kobayashi was amazing, wouldn't be surprised if one of the other two drivers are dropped in the last race.

How anyone could do so well in their first race on such a difficult track is beyond me. He is one to watch for sure.