What's new

Formula 1 2009

marc

CF Legend
I just dont know how he will prove this, but on every lap but that one he backed off on that corner. The lap he spun he never lifted so it does seem odd.

Just seen todays race, was not a great race but some good results. Lewis should have stayed in 3rd he was never ever going to catch Button so it was a stupid error.

Emmett

Giga Poster
So it looks like they were guilty after all. Good move to get out first before all the trouble starts and I'm sure they will both get a big payoff from Renault.

I wonder will any team now want to take either of them on with these allegations. I'd really miss Flavio from F1 as he is such a great character unlike alot of the other F1 bosses.

Also Lotus are returning to F1 for the 2010 season.

marc

CF Legend
No one knows yet if they were pushed or walked.

Its all been said that Alonso knew what was going on.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Would anyone else want to take Flav on without any allegations behind him?! Can't stand the man, F1'll be a better place without him. Its a shame to see Renault go though if that's what it comes to, but they've done the crime and they deserve punishing for it. What goes around comes around and all those other cliches.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Good to see Briatore doing nothing good for Italian stereotypes.

Will be interesting to see what happens. McLaren got a suspended sentence for effectively fixing a race earlier this year, so I'd expect that as a very minimum for Renault.

nealbie

CF Legend
Well at least that sorts out the Alonso to Ferrari issue. If he's banned then we've got no problem :lol:

marc

CF Legend
As its been said on F1 sites this team are also meant to have cheated in 1994 but that was never proven other than the software being in the car. They also do not care about driver safety this was proven by them removing part of the fuel rig to speed it up and it caught fire in Germany 1994. This same team also ran and illegal front end and software that was meant to release the car when the lights when off. They also had planes for the Mclaren car from 2006/7 yet got away with it.

At last they have been caught and for once its not Mclaren, will be interesting to see what punishment they get.

I still do not think everything adds up, Flav is saying he is not guilty but is doing what is right for the team.

Btw results are fixed from November 30th 2008 so no matter what the out come people keep the results they got last year.

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , so the only good bit of driving Piquet done in his F1 career was spinning into a wall.

I'm sure Flavio has enough cash stashed away so he can go back to sitting on a yacht with a load of models hanging out of him. He always seemed more interested in that lifestyle rather than F1.

Martyn

Giga Poster
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Talk about delicious irony...

In this morning's practice, Romain Grosjean crashed into the wall that Piquet deliberately crashed into last year.

That's funny.

nealbie

CF Legend
Going to have a nap, shall be more interesting than this. Even Brundle is despairing. Mind you, if you worked with Legard.....

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah same here, I only bothered to watch the first few laps. What an awful track. I'm getting sick of the watching more shots of the Singapore skyline rather than the actual race.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Is it just me or is F1 just getting REALLY boring. I mean every race now I give up watching anything other than the start and finish.