What's new

Formula 1 2009

A

Anonymous

Micheal Schumacher has pulled out of returning to F1. The neck injury he sustained after a fall off a motorcycle when testing earlier in the year. One of the training drivers will take his place probably Luca B. Schumi may be back later in the season or if Massa is not fit in the new season.

Mark

Strata Poster
kitsune said:
Micheal Schumacher has pulled out of returning to F1. The neck injury he sustained after a fall off a motorcycle when testing earlier in the year. One of the training drivers will take his place probably Luca B. Schumi may be back later in the season or if Massa is not fit in the new season.

I was juuuuuusst about to post this lol. Where is Neal? Our plans for a decent end to the season are totally destroyed. I was looking forward to some Hamilton Vs Schumacher type shenanigans!

marc

CF Legend
LOL found it funny, anyone that follows motor sport new he was still not recovered from the bike crash.

Both MS and Ferrari are being slated on F1 sights, people saying this is like Mansell in 1995 when he could not fit in the car. A load are just saying it was a publicity stunt to take the focus away from Massa.

I feel a bit for MS as he wanted to do it but could not, but as people are saying they should have said after the tests not before. People have bought race tickets to see him and are now stuck with them.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nill is currently holidaying up north, I suggest we bombard him with text messages to annoy him.

I'm certainly not going to be changing his username back just yet :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Already text him :)

His username should be
Schumacherbadtimes
Schumacherfail
Schumacherpainintheneck
Schumacherletdown
Schumachersicknote

Emmett

Giga Poster
^ :lol:

I'm gutted not to see him back as I really think he would have been up there with all the top drivers and affecting which way the championship would go. Now its going to be all boring again. And these test drivers who come in never really end up doing anything and just take it easy.

At least now I don't have to bother watching the remaining races and I can concentrate on watching the more entertaining Moto Gp series instead.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, the spark that would have made F1 watchable again this season has gone :( It's a real shame as it would have pulled in a lot more viewers worldwide if he was fit, would therefore have pushed up advertising etc etc.

Well, lets hope Massa gets better soon :)

marc

CF Legend
I really dont see why him not racing will make people not watch.

He has not been driving for a few years now, and when he did all people done was moan that he was up front and not racing anyone. People have not missed him but now do, find that strange.

This years viewing figures have been one of the highest, yes people are not going to the races but the TV figures are up.

Having him back would not make the racing any better, there are plently of drivers out there that can over take but thanks to the rules its not happening.

This season is rubbish but is getting better as teams like Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault are getting back on the pace. The rules have messed this year up but like most years you need it to rain to make the action better.

Having MS back would have added nothing at all, yes more people would watch to see him. But who really cares we want racing and we are not getting it and thats due to the cars not the drivers.

LOL Martyn. I have seen many jokes about it today, all he has done is make himself a laughing stock tbh which is a shame. He should have done the tests etc then let the world know that he was going to drive. Not tell people he would then wont, fans got their hopes up only to have them dashed.

Now people are stuck with tickets to races that they dont want to go to, flights booked etc. But he did warn people that he had to pass tests, real F1 fans knew that he was still not right after the bike crash. I said to Neal in Germany that it wont happen, I just think the whole thing was not done the right way.

This is why I dont watch F1 for one team and one driver, I watch it for the racing.

marc

CF Legend
Latest stories going round.

Alonso is off to Ferrari as early as Monza.
Kubica to Reunalt with Klien taking over the seat at BMW.
Kimi is being paid off to switch to rally next year with Massa and Alonso being the Ferrari drivers.

Tbh it sounds like it could happen.

nealbie

CF Legend
Now, I'm not one to condone queue jumping, but when Martin Brundle jumps infront of Sky News Germany. I can't help but love it!

She was livid! Good times! :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , that was brilliant and when he said 'Do I have to take a ticket like at the chesse counter?'. Watching Martin running around trying to interview people is nearly better than watching the actual race. I love when he always corners Bernie and asks him tough questions.

I'm glad Rubens won but it was one hell of a boring race on a **** racetrack.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
F1 really is getting boring now. It's just a bunch of cars following each other round a track. After Spa I'm not watching anymore apart from the tracks that drivers can actually overtake on.

Really happy for Rubens though, and LOL at Badoer. They should sack him and get Bourdais in.

marc

CF Legend
Yes another boring race in a complete and utter stupid boring track.

Button was rather unlucky in the race, Vettel wanted to crash into him and Button had no choice but to back off.

Webber forced him wide and Alonso did not help matters, I dont think Button should have give the place back, he was avoiding a crash.

Vettel hopes are over I feel due to the engine problems he keeps having. I said at the start of the year car break downs would cost him.

Button is still looking good for the championship, yes he had a bad race but the points margin only went down by .5. He can still afford not to finish in 2 races and with only 2 left this could be over by Japan.

Spa is expected to be wet so that should be interesting.