What's new

Formula 1 2009

Yes I am looking forward to it as well, I just hope for his sake its not like when Mansell came back for a few races.

I still wish Ferrari had put in a young new driver, but there would be to much pressure on them.

For the 1st time in F1 MS will have a team mate that is a top driver so that will be interesting, I just hope they give them both the same car.

robbeal said:
The only other options would've been Marc Gene, who was never really on the pace in an F1 car, and Luca Badoer, who's not raced competitively, just tested, since 1999.

They might still need them if Kimi's going to continue rolling around in little Fiats! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLbuF24cWk[/youtube]

What a legend Kimi is.

Lol there are rumors floating around that Nelson Piquet Sr is thinking about buying BMW Sauber to keep Jr in the sport :)

When are drivers going to work out just like Benetton Renault are a 1 driver team, the 2nd driver does not do well in that team.

The driver that replaces him will do little better.

LolPiquet.

To be fair, even if STR had asked for Jaime to test, it'd make a mockery of the rules to allow it. Its a stupid rule anyway, because it makes it horrendously awkward in situations like the Massa situation, because you have no opportunity to bring another driver up to speed. If they'd even bring back friday drivers, like in the olden days, it'd solve the situation, and give young drivers more opportunities to play with an F1 car. Its widely agreed that if that sort of situation had existed, Bourdais would probably still have a drive, because Alguersuari would've been allowed to test and develop ready for next season.

marc said:
The driver that replaces him will do little better.

The guy who's replacing him, Romain Grosjean is a really erratic driver who has made loads of stupid mistakes this season in GP2 which has lost him his championship lead. He needs another season in GP2, he really isn't ready for F1.

Renault should get Lucas Di Grassi.

Neither of them will show well in F1. They have not been that great in GP2.

Yet Davidson could jump in and do a good job but gets over looked.

He is perfect for F1, is is light and small plus a good driver he kept Sato honest.

But the team is all about Alonso so god help anyone that goes there.

marc said:
Neither of them will show well in F1. They have not been that great in GP2.

Yet Davidson could jump in and do a good job but gets over looked.

He is perfect for F1, is is light and small plus a good driver he kept Sato honest.

But the team is all about Alonso so god help anyone that goes there.

If I was a driver I would never want to join a team run by Flavio Briatore anyway. I think the best choice would be Sato, Davidson is very likely to get the drive with Manor next season and Sato is a very quick driver and a good overtaker, and theres going to be no chance for him at STR now they have 2 good drivers (well Alguersuari was good for a first time)

The list of drivers Flavio has destroyed is beyond silly.

JJ Lehto
Berger
Alesi
Herbert
Jos V
Kovy
Fissi (1st time round)
Button
Trulli
Wurz

They are all good drivers yet all near enough failed in his team.

Lol, could we really still possibly see Luca Badoer in a current F1 race? I'd lol for hours...

In terms of Piquet's replacement, Grosjean's a bit of a Massa when he joined F1 all those years ago. Immensely quick, but very erratic. Di Grassi's got potential too, but i'm not sure its on a par with Romain's.