What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

It seemed such a harsh penalty for such a small thing, considering Vettel weaved 'excesivley' at the start of the race. Instead Hamilton is demoted to 8th, as if he had not been kicked in the teeth enough! Alonso's penalty seemed harsh too, was it really needed considering it did not effect Hamilton?

I sort of like the DRS at the same time hate the little swine, it feels too much like nascar now but it does give a bit more excitiment towards the race. The way I look at DRS haters is this; if a driver is overtaken too easily, it should be easy for him to overtake on the next lap, BUT even that has flaws. Anyone have any thought?

The DRS overtakes are just a bit boring. Overtaking should be done in braking zones and not on straights.

The tyres are the thing I hate the most. F1 should always be about driving flat out and not be about looking after this and that. If they want short stints bring back fuel stops lol. The lap times in the race was 6 seconds slower than in quali, that is bloody stupid a GP2 car is only a bit slower than that!

I so not like this DRS thing either, we have yet to see it really work. I know people say different but most overtaking was done due to the tyres going off and people getting better traction than the DRS. Hense the Lewis/Alonso battle which was done with no DRS. I prefered their battle than people going past others half way down the straight!

Monza will be interesting then, the famous track for slipstream, my guess is there will be ALOT of overtaking! Which really does make it boring!

Yes it will depend but maybe DRS may make it more exciting because Monza is not a very thrilling circuit, I would maybe like to see it activated later down the straight rather than sooner so the drivers have a bigger risk of not being able to stop in time for turn 1, Maybe a bit drastic but would maybe liven things up.
KERS also seems a little bit of a loose cannon; unreliable, not interesting to the viewers and never gives the drivers enough from what I can tell. I wish I could understand why Red Bull's don't work and or don't run, yet they still give the fastest lap times!

Yes a lovely track, Monaco will surely be impossible to use DRS, But I suppose we will see.

As long as the drivers can drive on the track with good safe tyres I don't mind what they do to change F1, and as long as there is no repeat of 2005 US GP! :)

^That would make sense. It seems to be used on the section of track before the speed trap, so the tunnel would be the place in Monaco. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The only problem there is signal back to the pits, its sort of a black spot. The main straight could be an option but its a bit tight into the 1st turn, maybe they will just not use it there?

I did think maybe after the first turn, but they're usually still accelerating through turns 2,3 and 4, which would make using drs there a bit dangerous I'd have thought. It is possible that they wont use it there, but I think they'll use it the tunnel.

I would think maybe between turn 12-17 because, yes it has turns inbetween, but offers some good straigts and a bit more of a challenge for both drivers i.e. how far, dare they push it?
But because Monaco is such a hard circuit to make any overtaking would they maybe not think about using it almost throughout the whole circuit? I know that seems utterly stupid, but it is the only circuit I think in the calander where it is near impossible to overtake?!

marc said:
Monaco will probably be the tunnel
Judging by the DRS from the Australian GP (haven't seen the Malaysia one) then having it in the tunnel may be hazardous since it's a turn which could make a lot of cars spin out with the lowered down force.
Up the hill after the first turn would probably be a safer bet...

To be honest they wont need DRS for monaco, because where you start on the grid is where you will finish usually! give or take 2 positions!

Well, that was a thoroughly entertaining qualifying. Not often I say that.

I've given up on my fantasy team now.

I thought Q3 was rubbish tbh.

I was going to swap Webber with Lewis but did not, now I wish I did lol. Maybe Webber can get some points who knows.

^I've got Webber too. Hopefully he should be good for loads of positions gained points. Petrov perhaps too for that matter.

I really can't wait for a race where Vettel doesn't start from pole. It's going to get very boring.

Q2 was the most exciting qualifying that I have seen for a long time, but how is Vettel so quick?

Webber is a rival but I felt so sorry for him today, knocked out in Q1 that is bad for anyone!