What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

I think it's great he got knocked out that early. It means we might actually see a decent amount of action from him, especially if he doesn't get a great start.

^
I think he delivered on that. That race was nothing if not hectic, though you could argue a little too much was decided by pit strategies and the rear wing of why. Shouldn't complain though; aside from not scoring any points and God Save the Bloody Queen it was a very entertaining event :)

That was certainly the most exciting race I've seen in a while to not have any major events in it. Kept me entertained all the way through.

sawalive said:
but how is Vettel so quick?

He's a great driver but one chief reason the Red Bulls are quicker is that their front wing is flexing to generate a tonne of downforce. Somehow they've developed a wing that passes the flex-test but then is flexing during the race making it lower than the regulations allow. Interesting one this, as it's what the FIA want to stop, but it's allowed as the rules say if it passes the tests it's fine.

felxi-wing31-300x177.jpg

flexi-wing-2-300x165.jpg

Fantastic drive Lewis, that is how you overtake when you need too! Big congrats to Webber, I am still baffled by how he came from 18th to 3rd!? For the first time we have seen Vettel work for his supper, and it was sweet to see!

They were right to but the DRS activation half way down the straight, because I felt it gave just enough room to overtake and still have a good fight at the turn!

One of the best races for a long time, it only needed rain into the mix and it would have been on par with the ultimate races!

What a great race from start to finish, both Webber and Lewis earnt their positions by passing on the track.

The DRS btw is not to get you passed, Sepang was a mistake, its to help you get in a position to pass like Lewis showed against Button and Massa.

The pace of the RBR car is scary, had they switched Vettel he would have walked the race just look how fast Webber was. I have never seen anyone start 18 make no progress for ages and finish 3rd just 8 seconds off the lead and with no KERS.

Inverse said:
sawalive said:
but how is Vettel so quick?

He's a great driver but one chief reason the Red Bulls are quicker is that their front wing is flexing to generate a tonne of downforce. Somehow they've developed a wing that passes the flex-test but then is flexing during the race making it lower than the regulations allow. Interesting one this, as it's what the FIA want to stop, but it's allowed as the rules say if it passes the tests it's fine.

felxi-wing31-300x177.jpg

flexi-wing-2-300x165.jpg

Those are last year's cars. Though your point is probably still valid.

I saw the first hour of the race, but I was at Silverstone shooting F2, so had to go out and take some photos. I checked the result on my phone and was shocked. I'll watch what I missed tomorrow.

Dunno, I kind of like difficult overtakes into corners, not "Well you're on a straight so press a button and go flying past" sort of overtake. Still, didn't want a Vettel procession. Lol'd at Button.

Bring on Turkey! 3 weeks away! :(
I suppose I can always enjoy the royal wedding!

Thank god button made his pit stop mistake in the Red bull pits because if it had been in ferrari/Alonso (specificly), they would have moaned even more! FIA would be involved big time and the usuall 'it not fair'

Re: Formula One 2011

Its good to see they have banned use of DRS in the monaco tunnel! Otherwise it would have been lethal in there! I do think however for the Monaco race they should have given drivers more freedom to use DRS throughout the circuit, because of the lack of use on the start/finish line! However looking forward to another race!