What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

marc

CF Legend
The latest I read is they can save his arm and hand but he will never get full use in it again and he would probably not be able to drive an F1 car again a bit like Nannini in 1990 when he severed his hand off Kubica near enough done the same.

The operation has gone well but it will take a year for the recovery to be complete and a year to know if he can use it or not.

A lot of people are expecting Nick H to replace him as there is simply no way Renault can race with Bruno and Petrov. They might let Bruno test and see how he gets on but he was quite rubbish last year compared to his team mates.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Yeah it's been rumoured that he may not be able to continue his career in motorsport.

Could this mean Renault looking to sign a more talented driver for a main drive, and keeping the likes of Senna and Grosjean as reserves?

Perhaps Hulkenberg <3

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah I've just seen they're estimating a years recovery. Sad news, hugely talented driver and seemed like a decent bloke too.

marc

CF Legend
I remember them saying that about Nannini as well and he could not drive an F1 car but took park in DTM and other forms of motor sport.

Lets hope this is not the case this time

Louis!

Mega Poster
I still don't believe that Renault would bring in Senna or Grosjean as the replacement though, even if it was only temporary. If they want the points, they need to look outside the team.

marc

CF Legend
If it was one or 2 races then Bruno would get the drive, but this is not the case now. They can take a risk and use him but I just cannot see it as they have a good car and need big points this year.

They whole Bruno thing is just a publicity stunt due to the teams name and colours, he has done nothing to earn that drive. The team could even try and buy out Sutil from Force Inidia, but what ever they do they need to do it very fast to give the driver time in the car.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't think there's time for them to get a driver from another team now. Maybe before testing started, but not now, I think most drivers would be reluctant to switch.

It's a shame really, because he did very well for himself last year, he could have done great job this year, I'm sure.

marc

CF Legend
jokerman said:
I don't think there's time for them to get a driver from another team now. Maybe before testing started, but not now, I think most drivers would be reluctant to switch.

It's a shame really, because he did very well for himself last year, he could have done great job this year, I'm sure.

Most drivers would jump at the chance tbh, they are a top team one of 5 who can win races. The main problem is the car has probably been designed around Kubica so they need a driver with a similar style so that is why many are saying Nick.

Nico could go there but I think they would just go with Bruno if they were going to get Nico.

If you want to see the crash click the link, I am not showing the picture.

http://www.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Forum/2/350348059.jpg

We shall see anyway I think they will make the choice after next weeks testing.

spicy

Giga Poster
He's lucky that barrier was there, thoughout the video there are hardly any barriers at all, just incredibly lucky that there was one were he crashed.

Also watching that video just makes you see how insane rallying is!

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I'd like to see Grosjean get another shot. Really talented driver who didn't get a fair chance in F1. Hulkenberg would be a good choice too if they can get FI to allow him to drive.

Just not Heidfeld please, he's such a boring driver.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Liuzzi's also been noted as a possible replacement.

Click HERE.

This SUCKS. The Renault looks pretty good this season and Kubica in a pretty good car would equal immense driving, so a real REAL shame.

Look at Massa, he's never been the same since his incident in Hungary? Considering he was so close to the Championship before, it just seems to screw everything up and in a long term.

Even Mark with his foot injury was said ti hinder him for a very long time. I'm concerned the best of Kubica may have vanished.

But I bloody hope not.

Will

Strata Poster
Louis! said:
Liuzzi <3
:shock:
I didn't realise he had fans! Admittedly he's a better driver than Senna (isn't anyone bar Badoer!?) and is in need of a driver since Force India upgraded, but I reckon Renault could do better... He's just not quick, aggressive or consistent enough to get anything worthwhile done.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nobody has mentioned the Bahrain cancellation yet...

marc

CF Legend
The Bahrain GP has been cancelled, been waiting for this to happen for years and now it has.

It is really bad what is going on out there and I think it is only right that that race is cancelled.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Shame about the cancelation, but I'm sure it was the right thing to do. We'll just have to wait a bit longer for the start of the season.

nealbie

CF Legend
On its first day of full 2011-spec running the Mercedes went straight to the top with Schumacher and 3rd with Rosberg, each with only half a day's running as well!

Yes, they were qualifying runs but so was everyone else except Red Bull who are undoubtedly still the quickest by miles (especially on race pace) and McLaren which has been described as a 'Fridge' by Jenson and a 'Bathtub' by Lewis :lol: .

So I'm relatively hopeful of the Silver Arrows fighting for a win or two this year. ONE more and Schumacher is as good as Prost + Senna! <3