What's new

Favourite B&M Invert?

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm the opposite, I think Fire is dull and repetitive! Ice isn't much better but it's a bit more interesting. Plus, it's a much nicer colour. :wink:

Alpengeist is by far my favourite Invert. I couldn't believe how intense each inversion was, especially the cobra roll! Also an absolutely beautiful coaster!

Inferno is next, it's small but intense and packs quite a punch. The Dragons are a bit average but I LOVE the dueling aspects!

Nemesis is hideously overrated, the ride experience is okay but it's definitely the roughest of all the ones I've ridden. Silver Bullet is about as exciting as a knitting competition. There ends my list, I can't help but think I've written something along the lines of this several times before! :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ True, either way you cut it, DD, Harry Potter **** Fest, or whatever its called now is just a mediocre ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll just slot in a few more into my previous post a few weeks ago:

1. Pyrennees - No change there. It has the height, speed, length and "old school" B&M feel to it.

2. Afterburn - Where did it comes from? Never heard of it before, but it was amazing. Could have benefitted from some actual mist in the tunnel though, instead of that pathetic sprinkle that was there.

3. Nemesis - Maybe it's loyalty/nostalgia, but there really is nothing else like it.

4. Talon - Forceful layout with no "dead" spots at all. An excellent coaster.

5. Great Bear - Huge surprise! I've heard so many mediocre reports on it, but I thought it was excellent. The whole "dying at the end" argument left me expecting a really crappy second half, but it's literally RIGHT at the end. There's not much track left after the corkscrew anyway.

6. Alpengeist - Loved the first half. The second half was ****, especially the zero g that actually does NOTHING. End of discussion.

7. Patriot - Reminded me a lot of Phaethon, in that it's really smooth and reridable, though not particularly forceful. The zero-g ties with Phaethon's for my favourite zero g of any coaster.

8. Phaethon - One of the best zero g rolls I've ridden, but the rest of the coaster doesn't really do much. It's tall, long and has a nice layout, but it's just too smooth and lacks force. It's easily, along with Patriot, the most reridable of the bunch though, and one of the most enjoyable.

9. Batman The Ride (St. Louis) - Seemed much more forceful than the other BMTR I've tried. However, I wasn't in the best condition to judge on the day I rode it. A big apple would have felt too forceful to be honest.

10. Batman The Ride (Great Adventure) - Maybe I was expecting too much, but it did nothing for me.

11. Nemesis Inferno - I just don't "get" this coaster.

12. Raptor - I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah, it was pretty shocking how bad it was.

A

Anonymous

Nemesis all the way. I rode Dueling Dragons expecting it to blow Nemesis out of the water, but neither "colour" lived up to my expectations. Other inverts like Alpengeist look like they start with incredible drops but quickly stretch out to nothing. Nemesis' layout means that it can constantly accelerate, leaving the "best" inversions till later on in the ride, rather than starting out with a vertical loop and then throwing in corkscrews and zero g rolls for the sake of it. Nemesis is just the best.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
gavin said:
4. Talon - Forceful layout with no "dead" spots at all. An excellent coaster.

5. Great Bear - Huge surprise! I've heard so many mediocre reports on it, but I thought it was excellent. The whole "dying at the end" argument left me expecting a really crappy second half, but it's literally RIGHT at the end. There's not much track left after the corkscrew anyway.

12. Raptor - I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah, it was pretty shocking how bad it was.

^ I have to agree with you on all three of these points, although I didn't quite find Raptor BAD. But it let me down a lot.

Anyways, I have to nominate Great Bear as my favorite, although I don't have too much experience with B&M inverts. Batman at GAdv is definitely my second favorite, and Talon comes in third. DD and Raptor didn't do much for me.

Mike

Giga Poster
Because I love pointless lists...
1. Alpengeist, Busch Gardens Europe
2. Talon, Dorney Park
3. Nemesis, Alton Towers
4. Patriot, Worlds of Fun
5. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
6. Great Bear, Hersheypark
7. Flight Deck, California's Great America
8. Batman: The Ride, SF Great Adventure
Batman: The Ride, SF Great America
Batman: The Ride, SF New England
Batman: The Ride, SF St Louis
12. Silver Bullet, Knott's Berry Farm

Although, really, 3-7 are all changeable with one another and they're all very decent rides.

All the Batman clones are one and the same to me. Nothing really that special whatsoever, and that's why they're so low for me.

Silver Bullet is easily the worst B&M Invert though. Extremely slow, forceless and boring. Maybe I went on it on a "bad day", whilst going on some of my top-rating ones on a "good day", but I think it really just is that boring of a ride!

I agree with Gavin about Great Bear, Talon and Patriot. I never have understood why Great Bear ranks so low on some people's lists, as it's not tat bad at all!

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Well, Montu didn't really change my opinions of B&Ms much. It was pretty okay but nothing special. The batwing was cool though. I guess I'd place it under Batman, Great Bear, and Talon, but above Raptor and DD.

scarywaffles

Roller Poster
Dueling dragons!... i really like the theming of the ride.. the near collisions...EVERYTHING! ...I like Black Mamba too... and Nemesis..But the dragons is still the best

cp23

Mega Poster
Well, I've been on:

Nemesis
Nemesis Inferno
Dueling Dragons (Fire and Ice)
Montu
Black Mamba
Batman SFMM

I'd be tempted to put Nemesis and Black Mamba at the top, purely because of the interaction with the scenery. Both are awesome coasters to ride and to watch. I'm sorry but I don't really rate Inferno - it doesn't do anything for me, I find it quite forceless and dull. I used to love the pre-lift section when it had the red lights and mist, but the last few times I went on it the mist was turned off, and that killed it for me. Is the mist still used? Shame on Thorpe if not.

I remember really enjoying Montu and both Dueling Dragons tracks, but it's 6 years since I've been on them and I was only a semi-enthusiast then, so can't remember them that well! Montu may be a contender for my top spot, but I'd have to ride it again to be sure.

I went on Batman last year and enjoyed it - I'd put it below Nemesis and Black Mamba but above Inferno.

Jer

Strata Poster
I've only ridden 3

1. Talon, I loved this ride, and after riding the rough and forceless hydra in dorney it was a heightened experience for sure.

2. Great Bear, A big surprise for me, I remember reading a lot of negative reviews of it, saying it was force less and boring. While it had the longest queue of the day it was completely worth it. Being forceful and fun it taught me not to listen to people on the internet. Too bad the Zero G roll was all lats.

3. B:TR, You could say 4 B&M inverts including the one in SFMM, But for my sake im saying 3 because for all I can remember of the one in SFMM it rode pretty much the same as the one in SFGAdv. That means, fast and forceful.

Crazydud619dx

Roller Poster
I've only been on Raptor and TopGun (Now called AfterBurn)

In my opinion, i would choose Top Gun.

It seems like a copy to other B&M Inverts, it seems cool.

I guess it is the way it takes you on the ride. but i still like Nemesis to.

nealbie

CF Legend
Inverse said:
ilovenemesis said:
Definitely Nemesis :--D
^ are you sure?

<3

I've been on four now so shall contribute! :lol:

1. Nemesis - To go along with the cliche, there really is something magical about this coaster. Relentless pace from start to finish, seemingly not understanding the concept of a stall turn! Rides well for a 16 year-old ;) , and like a fine wine gets better with age!

2. Monster - I just don't understand why everyone hates Raptor, because this SECOND-HAND clone is an absolute dream! Cedar Point really must just not do any maintenance at all, because if such a small and dilapidated park like Walygator can provide as awesome a ride as Monster, then the "mecca of theme parks" need to sort their lives out!

3. Black Mamba - Is up there with Nemesis (perhaps even beating it) in the first half of its course..... But the forceless meanders at the end really ruin the ride. Had another go in the afternoon hoping the turns to have the high intensity of Nemesis' famous helix of joy.... to no avail :(

4. Nemesis Inferno - Whilst I agree it's grossly unfair to compare it to its 'sister' due to them being two completely different beasts - sharing only name and model, nothing more..... I can't abide by its glorification! It really is an average ride, perhaps made seemingly brilliant simply because of where it is and the likelihood that you're having an awful chav and breakdown fuelled day; so you turn to the dependable B&M Invert. :)

Snoo

The Legend
It's mostly because Raptor is slow.. not very powerful.. has definite dead spots.. and having been on quite a few BETTER rides.. it pales in sad comparison.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Raptor is, comparatively, terrible. It's a meh coaster, but by B&M Invert standards that makes it useless.

I don't think it helps that it lives at the front of a busy park. I queued a bloody long time to ride that meh invert.

I thought it was surprisingly intense for a large B&M, but praises end there. It just didn't do anything interesting.