What's new

Favourite B&M Invert?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nemesisamazing said:
Nemesis is the greatest!!!!i love it

How do you think it compared to Black Mamba its closest cousin? Or Montu which a lot of people seem to really rate.

Personally, I found it couldn't compete with the sheer height and speed of Alpengeist, did you not find the same?

It's a pity Great Bear tapered off towards the end, because the start of the ride blows Nemesis out of the water, did you find the same?

Lastly, the other contentious one is Talon. A lot of people really love the ride and rate it higher. Personally, it didn't quite push buttons for me, it was like and extended Inferno for me. Excellent, but didn't top Nemesis. What was it about Talon didn't work for you?

Of course, your opinions on the other B&M Inverts is appreciated too, CF found Afterburn to be a great ride recently for instance. It's be good for those riders to know why it doesn't compare to Nemesis.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Turning this nonsense into something worth talking about, why is it that Nemesis still sits right at the top of Mitch's poll?

The American's seem to really rate it. Had we ridden Nemesis later than most of these others, would we think it was better?

I actually think Nemesis Inferno has more reridability than Nemesis, which is aging badly. Each time I ride Inferno, I like it just a little more. Nemesis also varies a lot between rides and can leave you disappointed some days.

Also, gtfo, Talon hater! It's awesome!

A

Anonymous

Of what I've ridden

4.montu

3.Batman: The ride SFoG

2. Alpengiest

1. Afterburn

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
1. Alpengeist
2. Talon
3. Batman The Ride (SFMM)
4. Batman The Ride (SFGAdv)
5. Great Bear
6. Raptor
7. Flight Deck
8. Silver Bullet

I really enjoy all of them. Alpengeist is quite a few spots ahead of the rest, but they are all still ranked highly.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ok, I'll do a revised list, which will be revised again in a couple of weeks.

1. Pyrennees - No change there. It has the height, speed, length and "old school" B&M feel to it.

2. Afterburn - Where did it comes from? Never heard of it before, but it was amazing. Could have benefitted from some actual mist in the tunnel though, instead of that pathetic sprinkle that was there.

3. Nemesis - Maybe it's loyalty/nostalgia, but there really is nothing else like it.

4. Great Bear - Huge surprise! I've heard so many mediocre reports on it, but I thought it was excellent. The whole "dying at the end" argument left me expecting a really crappy second half, but it's literally RIGHT at the end. There's not much track left after the corkscrew anyway.

5. Alpengeist - Loved the first half. The second half was ****, especially the zero g that actually does NOTHING. End of discussion.

6. Phaethon - One of the best zero g rolls I've ridden, but the rest of the coaster doesn't really do much. It's tall, long and has a nice layout, but it's just too smooth and lacks force. It's easily the most reridable of the bunch though.

7. Nemesis Inferno - Like Phaethon, only small.

wash

Mega Poster
^Too bad there wasn't any mist for you on Afterburn, it creates a cool foot chopper if you're in the front.

1. Afterburn
2. Montu
3. Batman
4(tie). Dueling Dragons-Ice
4(tie). Great Bear
5. Dueling Dragons-Fire

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Nah, no mist. Just a dirty, smelly concrete tunnel to match the dirty, smelly concrete park it's located in.

Tony

Hyper Poster
1. Nemesis - Awesome, fun invert with great landscaping. Love the first half, stall turns let it down a bit though.

2. Batman La Fuga - Best of the Batman's I've done, smoothest and really forceful. It also has awesome theming.

3. Batman (SFGam) - The original Batman and the first B&M invert! Good ride, still running really well and still really smooth. Fun forceful ride, okay theming and the landscaping is better than Gadv's.

4. Batman (SFGadv) - Only got to ride it once since it kept breaking down while I was there. Still fun, definitely not as good as La Fuga and Great America's has a nicer surrounding.

5. Nemesis Inferno - Fun Invert with nice theming. Really like the pre-lift, the ride itself is kind of similar to Batman with not so much force and lacking the second loop.

Okay, I'll revise my list once more since I have another to add.

Afterburn
La Vampire
B:tR- St. Louis
B:tR- Great America
B:tR- Great Adventure
Great Bear
Patriot
Alpengeist
Raptor

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Taylor, that list makes me want to puke...

Alpengeist
Afterburn
Patriot
Le Vampire
Batman: The Ride(stl)
Batman: The Ride(gam)
Batman: The Ride(mm)
Batman: The Ride(gadv)
Montu
Silver Bullet
Raptor
Dueling Dragons Fire
Talon
Great Bear
Dueling Dragons Ice

Snoo

The Legend
Montu
Afterburn
Talon
Patriot
Alpengeist
Batman: The Ride (SFStl)
Batman: The Ride (SFGAm)
Batman: The Ride (SFoG)
Batman: The Ride (SFMM)
Batman: The Ride (SFGAdv)
Great Bear
Dueling Dragons (Fire)
Dueling Dragons (Ice)
Raptor

madhjsp

Giga Poster
My list isn't too extensive, but I guess I'd rank them like this.

Alpengeist
Montu
Afterburn
Batman
Dueling Dragons-Fire
Raptor
Dueling Dragons-Ice

I think all 7 are pretty great, though, as inverts are one of my favorite coaster types.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Just out of curiosity,could I ask those who have ridden Dueling Dragons,why Ice always seems to be rated lower than Fire?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
In my opinion, Fire has more forces than Ice. Fire has the first immelmann, wraparound immelmann(which pulls some monster G's) and the loop. Ice has a wimpy helix, an alright cobra roll, and the loop.

Snoo

The Legend
Fire just has more kick.. and doesn't seem to die as much. Plus.. airtime hill with legs.. <3