What's new

Favourite B&M Invert?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Joey said:
I don't think it helps that it lives at the front of a busy park. I queued a bloody long time to ride that meh invert.

Maybe I lucked out, but at least a couple of the days I went to Cedar Point a few years ago, it was a walk-on a lot of the time. Only wish I could have said the same about Maverick. :roll:

andrus

Giga Poster
I most certainly have written in this topic before (who doesn't by now? :p) but since I've expanded my B&M invert portfolio since then I might as well update my list! :)

1) Black Mamba: forcefull all the way through, some nice air in the first drop and incredible theming!

2) Katun: very fast, also forcefull and great theming just not Black Mamba standard.

3) Nemesis: nice landscaping and pretty intense but all the changes of direction gets me dizzy.

4) Nemesis Inferno: just like Nemesis it gets me dizzy but it lacks the landscaping it's older brother got..

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Pieman said:
Joey said:
I don't think it helps that it lives at the front of a busy park. I queued a bloody long time to ride that meh invert.

Maybe I lucked out, but at least a couple of the days I went to Cedar Point a few years ago, it was a walk-on a lot of the time. Only wish I could have said the same about Maverick. :roll:
I wonder if it gets waves of busy/dead spots, because it's at the very front? Possible, and I got unlucky and you got lucky? Still, was busy when I went - too busy for a school day anyway. Irritated me.

Maverick was obviously worse. Which intrigues me, because it's not that new now and any hype should have died down. I think Maverick's busyness perhaps proves that the GP actually do know their stuff, it is after all one of the only good things in the park, despite it being small and tucked back in the corner. I would have thought it has a bloody good throughput... when not closed due to invisible rain, that is.
[/tangent]

But back to Raptor, I'm now intrigued about the second hand clone in France... What's it called? Monster? Has anyone ridden both it and Raptor?

Is Raptor generally thought of as being a bit ...crap? I thought it was not only dull, but rough and it has one of the worst queue lines I've ever been in. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of a worse one. It's a horrible case of cattle pens with NOTHING to look at WHAT SO EVER. Horrible. That queue might well have effected my opinion of it.

Mark9

Roller Poster
1. Nemesis. Goes without saying really. It's the coaster equivalent of bread and butter when you visit Alton. Fantastic ride.

2. Black Mamba. I think it has its haters but I think it builds on Nemesis's pit concept and adds so much more in detail and theme. It only loses to Nemmy because Alton's got their first and Nemmy has such a cracking good lay-out.

3. Nemesis Inferno. Again has its haters but I genuinely think Inferno does well with the space it uses. It's the B&M equivalent of a Vauxhall Corsa, but I don't care. Very nice ride.

4. Batman La Fuga. This rides cloned all over the world. I personally thought it was the most mundane, dull ride experience of all the B&M's I've ridden. After that excellent three inversion start it hits the biggest dead spot and just sends you through concrete trenches. Boring.

Is Raptor generally thought of as being a bit ...crap?

Yes.

Since I've gone on two more inverts, I figure I might as well do my list over.

1. Nemesis

2. Afterburn
3. La Vampire
4. Batman: the Ride- Six Flags St. Louis
5. Batman: the Ride- Six Flags Great America
6. Batman: the Ride- Six Flags Great Adventure
7. Great Bear
8. Alpengeist
9. Patriot
10. Nemesis Inferno

11. Raptor

s15c

Mega Poster
I say Silver Bullet. Other than Great Bear, it's the only B&M invert that hasn't made me sick. And if you've been on Silver Bullet, you know it's better than Great Bear.

^^ Funny thing, mostly everyone that has been on Silver Bullet says it's crap :p . Great Bear is known to be really good, until it "dies" at the end, which I didn't think it died too bad anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, it's really not...

Great Bear is awesome until it "dies", which is the end ANYWAY, so, who cares?

Silver Bullet just never gets going. It's not terrible, it's just not good either.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If Silver Bullet is rubbish, then Great Bear is ****. The drop is interesting, but doesn't do much. The loop and immelmann are good, but it just kinda meanders until the corkscrew, which is also good, but that's about it.

Silver Bullet had a good cobra roll, 0-g roll, and corkscrew section. The helix was pretty intense as well.

Snoo

The Legend
After riding Montu a few weeks ago.. still remains my favorite invert. The pacing.. the the positive and negative g's.. the inversions.. all awesome. <3

spicy

Giga Poster
1. Nemesis
2. Montu
3. DD:Fire
4. Nemesis Inferno
5. DD:Ice

Thats all I have been on but thats how I would rate them anyways..

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
No love for Alpengeist? Or Afterburn? What a shame, I love those two!

Mind you, I have not been to Knott's or the UK but I feel like Alp at least gets some credit for theming and the drop.