What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: GCI Wooden Coaster - Europa Park 2012

Did you try and bite them Joey? this may explain it.

Personally i found the park to be incredibly clean and tidy, excellent food and a good fun line up of rides. Sure there wasn't a coaster that set it apart from the rest (I went before Silverstar and Blue Fire) but as a whole immersive and atmospheric experience its miles ahead of any other park in Europe in my opinion.

msep003

Roller Poster

roomraider said:
Did you try and bite them Joey? this may explain it.

Personally i found the park to be incredibly clean and tidy, excellent food and a good fun line up of rides. Sure there wasn't a coaster that set it apart from the rest (I went before Silverstar and Blue Fire) but as a whole immersive and atmospheric experience its miles ahead of any other park in Europe in my opinion.

I agree with you at all points and i might add this is the Best Park outside a Disney Park being so well maintained and run at all points . It seems that they've had more competition every year but in Europe i would say that Efteling or Phantasialand can compete with them .

Martyn B

CF Legend

Thats a few times now I've heard people rave on about Efteling as being one the best European parks. REALLY?

STC

Mega Poster

Efteling is absolutely stunning and gorgeous. It's a magical park. Also the level of investment recently is staggering, with two GCIs last year, probably the best theme park show venue in the world this year, an incredibly expensive new water show next year and then a world beating dark ride for 2013.

I hear from friends who have been to Europa that throughput is their absolute top thing, and everything is designed around throughputs. Hence staff apparently get very rude and sharp if you do anything to hold up their throughputs, is this what happened? I think it's great, I think staff should be rude to people faffing around and making the queue longer!

andrus

Giga Poster

Totally off topic really but regarding Efteling being one of the best parks in Europe; I certainly don't think so!

I did a Netherlands trip this spring and visited three dutch parks, Toverland, Efteling and Walibi, and out of those three I enjoyed Efteling the least. Everything is very expensive at the park, everything from the entrance fee, the parking ticket, the food and the fact that they charge you for a park map! The park is huge meaning that the rides are very spread out. Some areas look astonishing (especially the Joris/Vliegende Hollender area) while others are totally bland. Yea it's overall a nice place, but the lack of good rides and the fact that they overcharge for what they're offering made it a very average experience to me. Vliegende Hollender is awesome though! :--D

real

Roller Poster

STC said:
I hear from friends who have been to Europa that throughput is their absolute top thing, and everything is designed around throughputs. Hence staff apparently get very rude and sharp if you do anything to hold up their throughputs, is this what happened? I think it's great, I think staff should be rude to people faffing around and making the queue longer!

AGREED. Im sure the people who would be offended for being told to hurry up would be the same ones who also complained earlier about a slow line. :roll:

nadroJ

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
Thats a few times now I've heard people rave on about Efteling as being one the best European parks. REALLY?

I think it has that 'magical' feel about it, similar to how Alton used to feel or even Disneyland. It's very good at creating a fairytale atmosphere and the theming is stunning, a perfect blend of trees and plants with synthetic theming. I think it is very effective, quirky and is (to me, anyway) how a theme park SHOULD feel. It's totally immersive. Ride-wise it doesn't have the greatest or most thrilling line up but for experience overall I found the place breathtaking and bewildering. I had a great time there!

Phantasialand is very well themed too. I like how it has its own 'brand' and style and it incorporates that into each individually themed land in the park. The thing that pushes Phantasialand in front of Efteling in my opnion is the ride quality/diversity. It has top thrills mixed in with unique, weird rides mixed in with cute, fun family rides. It's perfect really.

I've never been to Europa but I always thought it looked very cool, but I'd mainly go there for the creds and amount thereof. Also blue fire. And this woodie, once it's built.

Colossus

Giga Poster

cool, cheers for the link, going there in April next year, i would hope that it is open by then fingers crossed

peep

CF Legend

Some more pics have been uploaded to Airtimers.com. HERE

What the hell is that giant ditch for? Possibly a tunnel of epicness? I'm excited anyway.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Some concept art for the Woodie has appeared on epfans, and it looks AMAZING...

achterbahn_2012_001.jpg

achterbahn_2012_002.jpg

achterbahn_2012_003.jpg

achterbahn_2012_004.jpg

achterbahn_2012_005.jpg

LESS THAN THREE!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

NOM NOM NOM!

I'll be taking donations to go to Europa next summer, all donations will be accepted.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Will it end up looking like Master Thai-worse than it did in the artwork? :(

Intricks

Strata Poster

It's........so........beautiful.......*drool*

Why must the US make nothing but ugly theme building?

Switching between the hideouts'...

peep

CF Legend

That looks amazing, can't wait to see more.

CoasterCrazy said:
Will it end up looking like Master Thai-worse than it did in the artwork? :(

No, this is Europa, they should go through with their plans, although it might have some slight changes since the concept artwork was drawn up.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Great! :--D

Have you heard the names for some of the items of theming?:Mirmir" the fountain of wisdom and the envy-dragon "Nidhogg".

The only potential flaw I can see is that on the overall view of the whole place there seems to be a very small queue line. They'll probably extend it though for real life!