What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: GCI Wooden Coaster - Europa Park 2012

Topic title changed before someone has an actual embolism.

Great addition to the park etc.

peep

CF Legend

Some construction pictures have surfaced on the internets. Mainly mud at the moment but what exactly are they digging that ditch for?

Source: EPFans.info

More photos can be found on Coasterfriends.de/forum

46277d1309291068-europa-park-neuheit-2012-eine-holzachterbahn-von-gci-und-sein-mythos-028.jpg

46272d1309291068-europa-park-neuheit-2012-eine-holzachterbahn-von-gci-und-sein-mythos-023.jpg

46268d1309290936-europa-park-neuheit-2012-eine-holzachterbahn-von-gci-und-sein-mythos-019.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Regarding capacity, I don't know of a GCI that has more than two trains. I also don't believe that any GCI has a mid course brake run. There may be a possibility that we could see a mid course brake run on this ride or maybe even a dual loading station*.

*Now before people get their panties in a bunch because "it's never been done before", what's the difference between a dual loading station and a transfer track?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I've no actual opinion on what this ride might have and the dual loading stations etc, but I will say that I disagree that dual loading stations and transfer track the same.

Dual loading stations require the mechanisms to work all the time every time. Transfer track only needs to work once or twice (possibly a bit more, but nothing significant) a day. Sure the actual mechanisms would be nearly the same, but I wouldn't say that they were as easy as each other.

Like I said though, I'm not disagreeing that this couldn't dual load though. :D

Ben

CF Legend

Looks like I won't have to leave that corner of the park until I want to ride Euro Sat then <3

Also, there WILL be something about this different to other GCIs to make it run more trains/whatever. This is Europa Park. They're actually slightly crazier about capacity than Disney since they've never built a **** Half Pipe...

choluby

Roller Poster

This is the same with Silverstar...........

I thought Europa Park was to showcase Mack's rides/coasters.

If that's true then what's the point of getting rides from B&M/GCI :?:

If the other company's rides are way better than parks will buy coasters and rides not made by Mack :!:

:idea:

marc

CF Legend

The thing is most parks buy B&M and GCI anyway and they are both coasters Mack do not make so there is not really a problem with it.

The thing I like about the park is nothing is the same, every coaster does something different unlike other parks with a huge number of coasters.

Dave

CF Legend

Mack can't make everything. Plus I'm sure it's a chance to swap expertise with other manufacturers during design and construction.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

There is actually a much higher number of non-Mack rides at Europa than many realise...

For example, I only thought that this would be the 4th non-Mack ride there, but I was wrong...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Aren't all the non-Mack Europa park rides designed by Mack or something to do with **** Mack anyway?

I'm really not a fan of Europa Park. I think the entire premise of it being a living Mack brochure a hideous thought, and then you get there and are met with a horrendous lineup of awful rides. Yes its pretty, but... Euuuuugh.

But everyone else seems to love the park, so I can only assume my experience at the CF Live was exceptionally bad. It was wet, we were tired, we did only ride the lame assortment of coasters and I had a negative experience with a ride attendant... But I just thought it was a mediocre park with a selection of absolutely atrocious coasters. We didn't get time for other rides, but my god I feel like they'd have to be world class to bring that park up to a "good", what exactly is so outstandingly awesome about the park?

Oh yeah, I got banned from TRP for saying this.

Nic

Strata Poster

So totally heading here next year. Jordan's right.... CF-Live 2012 please! <3

nealbie

CF Legend

Joey said:
Aren't all the non-Mack Europa park rides designed by Mack or something to do with **** Mack anyway?

I'm really not a fan of Europa Park. I think the entire premise of it being a living Mack brochure a hideous thought, and then you get there and are met with a horrendous lineup of awful rides. Yes its pretty, but... Euuuuugh.

But everyone else seems to love the park, so I can only assume my experience at the CF Live was exceptionally bad. It was wet, we were tired, we did only ride the lame assortment of coasters and I had a negative experience with a ride attendant... But I just thought it was a mediocre park with a selection of absolutely atrocious coasters. We didn't get time for other rides, but my god I feel like they'd have to be world class to bring that park up to a "good", what exactly is so outstandingly awesome about the park?

Oh yeah, I got banned from TRP for saying this.

I had NO IDEA that this park was designed for Mack to put rides in - I noticed there was a fair few of them, but it's not really something that stands out to me. Perhaps I'm just not sad enough.... :(

It's a fantastic place to be, I was knackered and it was rammed when we went - but the atmosphere and fun was immense! Even had time to go and watch the F1! Plus, you like Blackpool, so shush! :p

marc

CF Legend

^Joey I think we were all worn out when we went and that was the problem.

I liked parts of the park, the Milka shop is a good memory :). But yes I was just to tired to really take it all in, plus the rides were very average.

andrus

Giga Poster

Joey said:
We didn't get time for other rides, but my god I feel like they'd have to be world class to bring that park up to a "good", what exactly is so outstandingly awesome about the park?
The theme, landscaping and atmosphere is truly awesome! Efficient (and polite) staff, the cleanliness and good food is also a contributing factor. There are a vast amount of rides including some real quality ones like Eurosat, Piraten im Batavia and Blue Fire. I'm quite fond of Silver Star too, but I know that many on this forum disagree with that...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I didn't find food to be any good, and whilst staff were the most efficient I have ever seen, the were far from polite. :p