What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Mythos - wooden coaster - Europa Park 2012

^I think he means that the structure is 35 metres tall, whereas with Mountain Flyer it's built on a hillside. The height difference is 44.8 metres, but the structure isn't that tall as its on a mountain. :)

Inverse

Hyper Poster

Ah man! You just know this will be amazing! Did Europa Park last year, this will bump it back up the list of places I intend to go to!

A

Anonymous

Again, the ride will NOT be called "Mythos"!!

peep

CF Legend

loefet said:
Again, the ride will NOT be called "Mythos"!!

Yeah, that's what the fansite seems to be saying too. So do we think Mythos is just a project name then like Alton with it's "Secret Weapons"?

Oh and a few press photos have been released...

252407_224670167557487_100000435160216_825224_658665_n.jpg

252871_1593754823637_1828924678_1013976_7483753_n.jpg

So with construction due to start very soon should this be moved already into the coaster construction area of CF?

A

Anonymous

Mythos have nothing to do with the name of the ride or any other codename or anything...

On the banner it says: "Ein Mythos Erwacht..." which translates to "A myth awakened...". So it's a reference about some Norse (seems to be at least) myth about a hero/god/whatever that this ride will be themed to and named after...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Never been to Europa, would love to go. 2012 would be a good year to take a weekend or so there perhaps...

I was doing a bit of research around Europa, and there's a few other 'interesting' parks close by. Holiday Park, Tripsdrill and Walygator are all in a little circle with Europa. All roughly 60-80 miles apart, so they could all be done in a long weekend, so long as you can drive that is.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

No-one seems to have noticed their expected throughput yet...

18000 people a DAY... This roughly amounts to 2000 people an HOUR...

That just seems... Impossible...

mouse

Giga Poster

About 30 each minute.
That does sound unlikely, unless they have 3 trains or whatever.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

mouse said:
About 30 each minute.
That does sound unlikely, unless they have 3 trains or whatever.

This, or they have a dueling coaster with the fastest team on GCI ever. Remember that these coasters use seatbelts, that take quite a bit to do and check... I wonder if Europa have asked GCI to come up with a better, faster alternative, given their impecable operation records....

Martyn B

CF Legend

Weren't these stats posted by some fans on a fansite?

If so, dont take them so seriously...

Inverse

Hyper Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
No-one seems to have noticed their expected throughput yet...

18000 people a DAY... This roughly amounts to 2000 people an HOUR...

That just seems... Impossible...

If anyone can do that it's Europa Park. They don't check restraints and they dispatch the second bums touch seats, before if they can! They'll run at least 3 trains all day with the most efficient of German staff to keep it moving. I bet they'll pride themselves on hitting that target.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
Weren't these stats posted by some fans on a fansite?

If so, dont take them so seriously...

Big difference between a normal fansite and an OFFICIAL fansite...

EPfans are usually spot-on...

Tony

Hyper Poster

Awesome! I was thinking of going sometime this year but may hold off til next year! 2012 sure looks like it's gonna be an awesome year with loads of great new additions :D .

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ I was thinking that, going to be awsome in Europe next year, with this, the rumoured B&M Hyper at Port Aventura, B&M Invert at Parc Asterix, Wing Rider at Thorpe, Mack megacoaster in Italy, and smaller parks like Duinrell, Bagatelle and Toverland bagging new credz.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
Never been to Europa, would love to go. 2012 would be a good year to take a weekend or so there perhaps...

I was doing a bit of research around Europa, and there's a few other 'interesting' parks close by. Holiday Park, Tripsdrill and Walygator are all in a little circle with Europa. All roughly 60-80 miles apart, so they could all be done in a long weekend, so long as you can drive that is.

Then I shall plan a long weekend :p :D

^ I agree Martyn. Might be a year for me to finally get out of the UK and do some travelling of Europe.

EDIT: Found this video from the ceremony. Can somebody nudge Jerry and get his to see if they say anything interesting/notable? :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZLkQ-8uEo[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Roland Mack said:
We have given the starting shot for the ground works for the building of the coaster. We will in a few days begin building the foundation work and already in a few weeks the first bents will be seen, you know that a wooden coaster is built on site. We have designated a manufacturer from USA to build this coaster, and I can reveal to you that it will have an exciting ride. You will interact with two other big attractions and we will create a story around, and now begin the puzzle. The story will be told, repeatedly, to you on-line in the coming days, weeks...
So stay tuned and experience the mystic around this coaster that will rise in the Icelandic village, and together maybe we could come up with a great name. I hope for your support and I hope that we in the Mack family have made a good decision to offer a great attraction for next year for our guests and our faithful customers.

Thank you and stay faithful to us!!
Well something like that anyway.

Damn my German have deteriorated in the past years...

marc

CF Legend

This is 100% going to be a 2 day park now.

11 coasters do you think they will start trying to gt for the record soon?

Oh if it works out well I will be able to fly there from Southend lol.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Awesome.

See you all there for the LIVE in 2012 (hint hint ;])

andrus

Giga Poster

I think a GCI wooden is a great choice for the park :--D I bet they'll use the same restraint mechanism as on Joris en de Draak which can accommodate children as low as 110 cm. It will be a perfect thrill experience for the entire family in true Europa Park style!