What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

Administration isn't the end of the world, it can hopefully bring a fresh start for you, and I hope the football league aren't complete ****s towards you with any takeover.

I hope you do find a new owner, I wouldn't want to see any team disappear... even Pompey :p

^Latest rumours involve Ron Noades coming back...

Honestly, I want someone in quick and proper... If only to keep players like Victor Moses and Nathanial Clyne... If we lose them, we may end up in League 1 next year...

Knowing the FA though, we'll get ****ed over, looking at Palace's history we usually have been through various things...

Well anyone is better than Simon Jordan, eh?

I forgot to say that Fonte is a quality player, i'm glad we signed him, even if it was at your expense :S

It is a shame because you were becoming the dark horses for a strong playoff spot really.

The previous owner (might have been that Ron Noades guy) was on Sky Sports this morning kicking off at the way the club has been run since he sold it.

As for the Championship, I'm more than happy with our performance at Donny last night although its only highlighted Johnsons ability even more and sadly the 'window' is still open... we need to keep him to keep a hold on any hopes of the slightest chance of promotion.

We've got Bristol City at home on Saturday who got tonked 6-0 last night so should be routine, however after we beat QPR 5-1 away we got beat by Blackpool 3-0 at home! So not putting all my eggs in one basket just yet!

I didn't see this going into administration coming at all. However, now that I look back at it, it isn't surprising really. It's what comes from having a chairman who hates the club he runs.

Transfer embargo over! YAY. Bought some Quincy bloke, won't be doing any detective work though.

Shall have our African players back soon!

jokerman said:
I didn't see this going into administration coming at all. However, now that I look back at it, it isn't surprising really. It's what comes from having a chairman who hates the club he runs.

????

Dave, Pompey are only allowed loans and frees, and Quincy was an Arsenal reject :p

Either way, not allowed to play Moses tonight, an own goal, jesus christ we're ****ed...

Scrap what I said about Johnno as well man city have put a bid in for him the ****ing bastards. It only really annoys me because if he does go he'll be a bit part player (see wright-phillips at Chelsea) when he could be here making a massive impact to our season.

Jesus how ****ing bad must it be at Portsmouth really? They've even had to shut down the website because they haven't paid the company operating it.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk

Greed really is running this game into the ground.

Edit : Also Palace's ten-point deduction is a stark warning to other clubs just how tight this league is, they've gone from 9th to one place above the drop zone with that ten-point deduction. The way its worked out is that Palace's draws have counted for nothing rather than the 1 point, which shows just how vital even a draw is in the league.

As much as I like winding Benin and Sam up about Palace, I do hope they don't crumble from this, stay strong and come back fighting next season.

^I somehow doubt that even Pompey going under would make much of a difference, the FA couldn't give two ****s about the unpopular clubs...

Palace need someone to come in quick, keep Moses, Speroni, Clyne et al, and we should stay up...

And Pierre, yep, the Championship is tight as, in fact if we keep playing as we have been then we should be able to regain the points we need to stay up... Just need that extra luck (which we're not having due to the amount of injuries we're getting)...

That's not how it is Benin, the FA have always been laissez-faire in these matters. If a club fails as a business, then that's not their concern.

Palace have no-one to blame but themselves.

^Neal, Palace aren't the only team fecked...

If you're not in the Premiership, you're not worth it... Simple as... (Unless you're Newcastle, with the 'Best fans in the UK' *copyright Sky Sports)...

Pompeys websites kinda half back up and running now, they must have realised how strong an indication this sent out. I mean what player is gunna want to sign for a club that can't afford to pay to run a website never mind the players wages.

I think the whole ten-point deduction rule is ridiculous anyway. Especially the way they treated Southampton "if you stay up we'll deduct your ten points this season so you're relegated, if you go down anyway we'll deduct your ten points next season for maximum impact."

Joke.

Maybe in these particular matters the F.A is running things by the rules fairly, but the amount of clubs struggling to cope at the moment, the general rules need reviewing. Wage capping is essential in my opinion, stopping greedy agents and footballers demanding extortionate wages.

Even the footballers at clubs who can afford it demanding extortionate wages has a knock on effect to lower profile clubs, as transfer fees and wages are demanded higher throughout the leagues to try and keep in proportion with higher profile teams.

But the thing is if we do survive/collapse it will trigger a knock on effect to ALL clubs around the UK, so we could see a massive shake up. Big teams like Man Utd and Liverpool will be hit hard.

Portsmouth situation is really hard to gauge, don't ask me as no one really knows. The club are being silent about it, probably working their socks off to find investment. Trying to stay afloat.
The whole situation came because of the work done by Sascha Gadyamak, Peter Storrie and Harry Redknapp.

The FA are only at fault for one thing; How on Earth could both Al Fahim and Al Faraj pass their tests about proper ownership if neither of them have any money whatsoever.

And Storrie is as crooked as they come, same with Redknapp.

Beautiful few minutes of football from ManU right there! First Nani out of nothing & then great give & go with Rooney. Brilliant!

Arsenal 1 Manchester United 3

I read the match report on the sky website it looked like a good game.

Great game today... Both teams had plenty of chances but Man U took theirs. Nani's skill for the first goal was fantastic and Rooney also had a great game.
:)

Shame about Spurs drawing yesterday after taking the lead though :(

Yep Ryan have to be honest I think we will ed up in 6th :( our last 4 games 3 are against the top teams. We need to win every game really until then :(