What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^T'was exceptional. His first was scrappy, but did the job and Man U look like they will cruise to victory at this rate.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
****ing hell. I was watching a bit of the Man U-Fulham game and was really happy as some of the players in my dream team were playing well, scoring and the like.

Then Dad tells me that's a FA Cup game, therefore it makes no difference to my team :(

I hate football.

spicy

Giga Poster
Martyn H said:
^ Well, I wasn't expecting to be here at the start of the season, but you know as the season goes on, expectations sometimes increase, but to be honest I'm amazed we're in 3rd, I would have been happy for a top half finish at the start of the season. AlsoYou coming to Stadium:MK next month?

Yeah its not next month its in a weeks time. Plus after your draw yesterday and our win we're catching you up :--D which makes it a bigger game, 2nd place is in our sights again, hope we can nick it from you :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I thought Tevez's second goal yesterday was goal of the week until that Eduardo strike.
icon_censored.gif
ing brilliant!

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Vela's goal wasnt too bad either ^

And Spurs result yesturday at Sunderland was okay and im sure both teams will be happy with a point.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Can't wait to see the highlights of Arsenal later to see Vela's performance. BBC Sport text have been raving about him all match.

Bloody Setanta Ireland showing some crap Gaelic match instead of the Everton vs. Boro match later. :cry:

nealbie

CF Legend
****ing hell! What a start for Liverpool!

Casillas is on bloody great form 3 fantastic saves in the first 5 mins!

Lain

Giga Poster
That referee is a bit crap, though.

That blatantly wasn't a penalty, and he booked the wrong guy after a foul!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I thought Tevez's second goal yesterday was goal of the week until that Eduardo strike.
icon_censored.gif
ing brilliant!

If he genuinely did mean to put that in off his ankle, it was an absolutely quality strike!

And while its not the premiership, i'm so looking forward to and hoping we knock Man Utd out of the FACup at Wembley. It would be the most satisfactory victory of the year if we could reach the FACup final, knock Utd out and end their chances of a quintuple all in one fell swoop!

Dave

CF Legend
This is when I look back to last year and am amazed how Portsmouth won the FA Cup, as it seems to have gone back to the major clubs in the last few stages. Oh that was a a great day when we won :D.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
W00t, Everton are a 'major team'! To be fair, last year you had the masterstroke of Harry, this year you've had the skillz of Tony Adams.

Brookes

Giga Poster
In the 81st minute it stands Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United. If Liverpool win which does look likely, this result could really change the whole season.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Hardly. Man U have a game in hand. They could easily get another 3 points and go 7 points ahead again.

Dons play Oldham today for a vital promotion chasing battle.

Edit: And just as I post, United go 4-1 down :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
Yes but this has got to deflate Man U being beaten 4-1 at Old Trafford. Plus two games scoring four goals in a row for Liverpool has got to fill them with confidence.

EDIT: Just heard a statistics that Man U haven't lost that bad at Old Trafford since New Year's Day 1992. They might still be favourites, but they'll have to show they're made of hard stuff to carry on winning after that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
What a game! W00T!!
Liverpool did the double over ManU is style & Benitez looks safe after all the talk earlier in the season. Rooney & Co. might still be favorites to win the title, but at least there's a bit of a doubt after that shellacking. :p