What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This doesn't seem very fair or accurate to me. I think I was there the same day as you and after riding multiple times, I can't say I noticed the construction site for the Warrior's Kitchen at all from the top of the lift. The screen grab you posted was from quite a while ago and the area has dramatically changed and filled in since then.

Can you see the construction? Sure. Does the rest of the landscaping, theming, and coaster track catch your eye first? Absolutely. It's far enough away that most people aren't going to reach the top of the lift and think "oh, wow, the whole place is still being built!"

It is true that The Quest's station/unload is a bit tragic looking and the Kitchen's construction *is* a huge blight when going back to ride The Quest. Overall, though, the area does look very good and I don't think the walled off construction area on the side is taking away too much for anyone.
The screen grab I posted is my own 🙈😂 From that day… So I think we’ll leave that there, no more needs saying 😂😂😂

DelPiero

Strata Poster
A few other goons went at the weekend and loved it so I'm very much looking forward to visiting in August. Hopefully a bit more of the theming and grounds will have been tidied up, as it will likely be my only visit in a while.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
^ I was one of those goons :D

We spent the day at the park on Sunday and got 5 rides on Fianna Force. It was closed when we arrived though so we did the boomerang first. I've already done that layout at Farup Sommerland but having it intertwine with the STC and the castle theming definitely adds something and we even got a minor bit of floater on a later back row ride.

For the main event, we queued about 35 minutes for our first ride and got really lucky, ending up at the front of the line when the next train was due to be filled, so we split our group of 4 and took the front and back rows. That luck continued throughout the day as we all had at least one front row ride and multiple back rows :)

I rode the Tripsdrill STC just over a month ago and really enjoyed it, so was expecting good things from this, but this still blew me away. It was way more forceful than the earlier version and just seemed to get faster and wilder as the day went on. The interactions with the landscape and the boomerang station offer some great near-misses and our back row rides in the afternoon delivered some phenomenal ejector airtime on the two bunny hops towards the end. Yes, that's ejector airtime on a suspended coaster 🤷‍♂️

We had so much fun on this ride and I think this may be my favourite of Vekoma's new-gen coasters so far. It's certianly up there with Fonix and Lech for me - not as intense but really re-rideable.

Theming-wise, the coasters and the area were a bit of a mixed bag. You can't fault the effort for trying to create some nice theming and landscaping but when you looked more closely it was a bit rough and ready, with little bits of unfinished work on the station building for Fianna Force and obviously the station and queue line for The Quest isn't finished yet. The indoor queue for the STC was nicely done though with the pre-show video on the wall being quite impressive, but I though a lot of the signage looked cheap, like it had been commisisoned from a local vinyl sign company.

Hopefully they will complete the job to a good level and once the landscaping beds in a bit it will look great, but when you see their other themed areas/rides they all look a little unfinished so I do have my doubts.

Overall though this is a great addition to the park and gives them another quality cred alongside Cu Chulainn that you'll want to ride multiple times. If they can add something like a family launch coaster over the next few years and brush up the theming across the park, that could make them a genuine contender in Europe, on a similar level to Plopsaland or Toverland.

Here's a few photos...

448600571_10159877750821615_3206816938440008447_n.jpg

448595499_10159877751411615_5685150942292384971_n.jpg

448598061_10159877751446615_1536274322103774065_n.jpg

448549752_10159877751826615_830694257420372385_n.jpg

448595037_10159877751941615_1578431710963671790_n.jpg

448606571_10159877751986615_3028669859352299835_n.jpg

448550392_10159877752021615_3549474519921512002_n.jpg

Last edited:

icedmosquito

Roller Poster
^ I was one of those goons :D

We spent the day at the park on Sunday and got 5 rides on Fianna Force. It was closed when we arrived though so we did the boomerang first. I've already done that layout at Farup Sommerland but having it intertwine with the STC and the castle theming definitely adds something and we even got a minor bit of floater on a later back row ride.

For the main event, we queued about 35 minutes for our first ride and got really lucky, ending up at the front of the line when the next train was due to be filled, so we split our group of 4 and took the front and back rows. That luck continued throughout the day as we all had at least one front row ride and multiple back rows :)

I rode the Tripsdrill STC just over a month ago and really enjoyed it, so was expecting good things from this, but this still blew me away. It was way more forceful than the earlier version and just seemed to get faster and wilder as the day went on. The interactions with the landscape and the boomerang station offer some great near-misses and our back row rides in the afternoon delivered some phenomenal ejector airtime on the two bunny hops towards the end. Yes, that's ejector airtime on a suspended coaster 🤷‍♂️

We had so much fun on this ride and I think this may be my favourite of Vekoma's new-gen coasters so far. It's certianly up there with Fonix and Lech for me - not as intense but really re-rideable.

Theming-wise, the coasters and the area were a bit of a mixed bag. You can't fault the effort for trying to create some nice theming and landscaping but when you looked more closely it was a bit rough and ready, with little bits of unfinished work on the station building for Fianna Force and obviously the station and queue line for The Quest isn't finished yet. The indoor queue for the STC was nicely done though with the pre-show video on the wall being quite impressive, but I though a lot of the signage looked cheap, like it had been commisisoned from a local vinyl sign company.

Hopefully they will complete the job to a good level and once the landscaping beds in a bit it will look great, but when you see their other themed areas/rides they all look a little unfinished so I do have my doubts.

Overall though this is a great addition to the park and gives them another quality cred alongside Cu Chulainn that you'll want to ride multiple times. If they can add something like a family launch coaster over the next few years and brush up the theming across the park, that could make them a genuine contender in Europe, on a similar level to Plopsaland or Toverland.

Here's a few photos...

View attachment 32145

View attachment 32151

View attachment 32146

View attachment 32150

View attachment 32149

View attachment 32148

View attachment 32147
If the bits of unfinished work on na fianna force station were the rocks when you enter the station after the break run, it was just scratch coat last month so it seems they’re making progress with this

witchfinder

Giga Poster
If the bits of unfinished work on na fianna force station were the rocks when you enter the station after the break run, it was just scratch coat last month so it seems they’re making progress with this
Didn't notice that. It was more a few things entering the station building from the queue, like unfinished bricks and bits of "webbing" (I don't really know what you call it) hanging from doorways. But there were plenty of small examples across the new area and the park at large where things hadn't quite been finished properly.