What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

Graeme

Roller Poster
Interesting that they used the Spirit model of boomerang (which seems like the best to me). I get a bit confused as to the similarities and differences between these coasters at Emerald Park and the original idea at Tripsdrill, but these Vekoma "shared supports" coasters are a great idea. Family Suspended + Family Boomerang could work for some parks too.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Echoing everyone else, but the invert genuinely looks awesome - much longer than I expected. Definitely has motivated me to investigate a trip over :)

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Interesting that they used the Spirit model of boomerang (which seems like the best to me). I get a bit confused as to the similarities and differences between these coasters at Emerald Park and the original idea at Tripsdrill, but these Vekoma "shared supports" coasters are a great idea. Family Suspended + Family Boomerang could work for some parks too.
I think the duo at Emerald does not have any shared supports, unlike the Tripsdrill duo, maybe it caused too much vibrations and it was better to keep them separated

Graeme

Roller Poster
A multi-launch definitely seems to be the thing they're missing - possibly an Intamin Blitz or Mack Extreme Spinner, but more than that, I could imagine a Vekoma like Abyssus.

I think the duo at Emerald does not have any shared supports, unlike the Tripsdrill duo, maybe it caused too much vibrations and it was better to keep them separated

Ah, very interesting, thanks. Still a good use of shared space.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Rode them both yesterday. Na Fianna Force is my favourite invert given it's lap bars and unique set of elements of a ride of its kind. It offers some very rapid directional changes, floaty inversions, strong positive G's and some amazing ejector airtime! It's strongest at the back if you want the more extreme experience.

1716401991773.png
1716402027367.png
1716402043998.png

The Quest is great fun also and does provide some fun pockets of floater.
1716402120930.png

The area's theming and landscaping are still a work in progress, but what has been finished so far looks gorgeous. I was a bit unsure on green playground style fencing, it does detract from the authentic looking stonework and rockwork, but I guess each country has different health and safety requirements. The long stretch of tarmac from Na Fianna Force to The Quest isn't entirely themed, which is a shame because much of that is very plain. When the area is completely finished, I'm sure that the themed parts of it will be among the best in Europe.
1716402150743.png

Last edited:

icedmosquito

Roller Poster
A multi-launch definitely seems to be the thing they're missing - possibly an Intamin Blitz or Mack Extreme Spinner, but more than that, I could imagine a Vekoma like Abyssus.

Ah, very interesting, thanks. Still a good use of shared space.
Not so sure if that’s in their budget tbh

Sozzy42

Roller Poster
I'm thinking of visiting the park in October, how much of the theming will be done by then. Please let me know.