What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

^ Haha yes of course its a mistake. otherwise somehow weve all travelled back in time to 2009 :S
Now that a majority of the major rides have been announced for 2012, I just want all of them to open! now!
Particularly with Wild Eagle, I noticed that March 2012 seems VERY early for it to open!
Does Tennessee ever get hit with bad winters? I have no idea.
Because I would assume Wild eagle would take alot of time, if theyre completely done the entire project by March next year then thats really great!

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^ Haha yes of course its a mistake. otherwise somehow weve all travelled back in time to 2009 :S
Now that a majority of the major rides have been announced for 2012, I just want all of them to open! now!
Particularly with Wild Eagle, I noticed that March 2012 seems VERY early for it to open!
Does Tennessee ever get hit with bad winters? I have no idea.
Because I would assume Wild eagle would take alot of time, if theyre completely done the entire project by March next year then thats really great!

Yes, he was being sarcastic...

If they get their fingers out, have a good winter & work their arses off, it'll be done on schedule!

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Cool, cant wait for it to open then!
I guess if they did work really hard, they could get it done hey.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

caffeine_demon said:
looking at the newsflash on the front page:
"Yes is the answer, as Dollywood announce "Wild Eagle", their new coaster for 2010"
surely there's a mistake on the year there!?

In my defence, I did have to stay up until 3:30 a.m. to get the announcement ;)

coasterboy

Mega Poster

Looks pretty damn good :)

I can understand why the drop is so small compared to the lift hill, eagles generally fly over trees?

Anyway, the layout looks decent - it's nice to see so many different layouts with the Wing Riders, instead of having the same layout constantly cloned.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Proof to me that B&M give parks what they want. If they ask for the clones, they give them that. If they ask for something else and totally custom designed, then B&M is completely capable and willing to do so

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

I think the "massive" brake run is more about getting the train back down to the level of the station than it is about needing lots of room to stop the train...

Maybe Dolly is holding a "surprise" final element close to her chest?
;)

A

Anonymous

^ You mean like an in-line, which will fit rather well in that straight section...

The main reason why it's so tall, but the ride it self is pretty low, must be due to the fact that you are going to soar around over the tree tops like an Eagle. And if you were to build it close to the ground you won't get that feeling..

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm actually thinking about how well a Wing Rider actually suits Dollywood.

Anyone else who's been will have noticed the sheer size of the clientele; I've never seen anything like it, and I did my school work experience at Chester Zoo.

Now, nobody on our trip had any issues with Raptor, for example, but those restraints certainly aren't designed with the slightly "larger" client in mind.

Yeah, ok it's stupid to suggest that a park should avoid a ride type for reasons like that, but the numbers of walks of shame are going to be huge.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Less queues for the rest of us, then!

Or more, depending on how adamant the horizontally privileged customers are.

mouse

Giga Poster

^^ On someones trip report it said there wasn't one walk of shame on Raptor, this probably won't be that different.

The layout looks great, and 61mph is pretty fast for a wing rider.
Looking forward to this...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^This is Tennessee babes. ;)

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^ Proof to me that B&M give parks what they want. If they ask for the clones, they give them that. If they ask for something else and totally custom designed, then B&M is completely capable and willing to do so

For an extra sum, yes. The Designers of the said company will get quite a great bit more if the park wants a custom designed piece. Whilst parks have their own designers, or sometimes independent designers just help the company with layouts, not do it all on their own.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Dollywood 2012

I view Dollywood as a very traditional "all American" park.

July 4th is coming up, that's when I expect them to make an announcement.

So, July 4th + All American + "The skys not the limit" slogan + Wing-Rider track = Some kind of Eagle themed coaster.

Just a hunch.
Ok, apart from the July 4th bit, I'm going to have my moment of smugness.

*moment*

Now that's over, this is looking like the best wingrider to date.

I don't think there's any chance of fatties attempting to ride it anyway. They'll be too busy eating the gorgeous food.

I'm wondering how intense this'll be. 61mph is fast for any non-launch coaster. I know that speed doesn't make a coaster but perhaps it could be a tad too intense, which isn't the Dollywood I experienced.

Apart from that, it looks as fab as Dolly herself.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

^The ride lines there always seem short. Most of the fatties seem to be camped out in line for the shows.

That and the FOOD. My friends and I refer to the place as Dollyfood for a reason.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Pretty sure we witnessed a walk of shame on every coaster there. I remember seeing two on Thunderhead alone.

Snoo

The Legend

^^Agreed. Dollywood is one of my favorites.. just a fantastic park.

MrCobyChan

Roller Poster

How can this be americas only, if they are building another wing ride in another american park?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^My guess is that they had all the promo stuff ready to roll out before Six Flags snuck in there out of the blue.

They'd already said when they'd make the announcement and just stuck with what they had?

I don't actually know, but that's what makes sense to me; though it might have been an idea to have another quick look at the press release.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

MrCobyChan said:
How can this be americas only, if they are building another wing ride in another american park?

Probably because Wild Eage at Dollywood is opening BEFORE X Flight at SFGAm is opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.