What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

I mean its a hyper looper hybridrider unless the press release is wrong...still pretty awesome but kind of disappointed.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Its not like skyrush. Its like all the other B&M Wing riders.
While I definetly do think that this will be the best Wing Rider, essentially its not really higher than all the other wing riders. Yes it climbs to 210 feet, but the actual drop is 135 feet and 60 mph.
X-Flight is 120 feet and 55 mph. So 15 feet and 5mph is not a big difference at all.

I do think that they would have built the other way with the lift hill coming the opposite way and then the drop where the terrain dips. Isnt this kind of a waste of money by building so much of the lift hill when they couldve done it the other way around?

Its not as big as I was thinking it to be, but by far its going to be the best wing rider out there and will be really fantastic.

Error

Strata Poster

Damnit. Now I have to go to Dollywood AND Six Flags Great America.

It looks awesome

Snoo

The Legend
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

I know where I'm going in the next year. <3

michaellll

Mega Poster

wildeagle.png

Based on this image alone this leads me to believe that it is indeed a wing rider.

Plus the fact that the press release says: "the new coaster’s innovative floorless design positions riders seated four abreast in a forward-facing position, with two riders actually seated on the “wings” along either side of the coaster’s track with nothing but air above and below them."

I'm pretty sure this is a wingrider, and we have the right to be quite excited. I am :--D

EDIT: I'm positive it is...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Well of course its a wing rider!
I would assume that fact is blatantly obvious by now.

Im excited for this, it\ll probably be the best wing rider out of them all. However, im wanting to see POV's and off ride animation footage.
Is there none available?
This is the thing I hate about non-cedar fair parks ..... you dont get awesome websites with all the videos and renderings! I mean, the wild eagle website is pretty good, but missing videos is pretty important. I just wanna see it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Good God! That looks great! :p

One thing that I don't quite understand is the "first in America" or whatever it is. So they know that Six Flags are getting one too? :?

Oh, and well done Ian... :roll:

Gazza

Giga Poster

tomahawKSU said:
2 seats that are "on the wings" says it in the press release.
You're quoting selectively...Right after it says "Either side of the track", so two seats, either side of the track, on wings.

Overall, looks pretty cool, but I wish they had included an Inline twist...That sort of seems like the signature element of this type of ride...Kinda like what pretzel loops are to flyers.

Ben

CF Legend

I actually think SFGAm's and probably Swarm look like they have better layouts, their layouts seem more suited to this ride type. The vertical loop will pretty much be a Floorless coaster...

That brake fun is freaking HUGE. Yeah, it'll be great, but, it's not quite what I was expecting.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yeah, I was originally expecting something else. Rumors were going around of the huge 180 foot elements, and this loop is what, 100-110 feet tall?
So its not as big as what most of us probably thought it was going to be, neither as fast.
That being said, I think it will be plenty fast and high and an amazing b&m wing rider.
I agree the brake run is way too long. They couldve added a heartline roll where that long first stretch is.
But anyways, its still going to be very good

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Seems that for this one instead of numerous near misses this is following a similar vein to Air, in that it's about the open air experience of flying...

Vertical loop should be pretty random, and whilst it may lack the interactivity with theming, wonder what it will be like when trees grow up around it...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Yeah I was wondering how the ride is going to feel. In construction photos there are heaps of trees and things that will make the ride experience a little better. When looking at the renderings though, you dont see any of that, its just the coaster on bumpy land.
Remember how there were so many reports and rumors of this being a terrain coaster. Well this doesnt really look like a terrain coaster at all, its just pretty much a normal one, on a few bumpy hills and stuff (tatsu etc)
But perhaps its going to have more of a terrain-feel than we realise due to all the trees in the area. Basically im saying the renderings that have been released are not detailed enough for us fans, and its moments like these that i really love cedar fair.

Lofty

CF Legend

This looks fab. Whilst the layout might not be absolutely incredible, the setting and terrain I'm sure will be top notch! Love it!

Plus, that Logo <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Jesus... this looks so weird.

It annoys me that they are claiming its a US first. I honestly hope they have delays opening it and the SF one opens first, just to spite them being ridiculous about a record.

But yeah, wow. Nice to see them doing something different to the other wing riders. I agree with others that this will not be about theming and near misses, but more the open air flying experience. Nice.

Josh73

Giga Poster

:shock: AHH! I love the airtime hills! The logo is really cool too. I am so excited for a POV!!!!!

D1993 said:
This is the thing I hate about non-cedar fair parks ..... you dont get awesome websites with all the videos and renderings! I mean, the wild eagle website is pretty good, but missing videos is pretty important. I just wanna see it!

Me too. I would like some cool renderings, off-ride anmations, and an awesome official sites with construction updates, wallpapers, etc. But it is still an awesome coaster, with, or without the renderings and co.

D1993 also said:
Its not as big as I was thinking it to be, but by far its going to be the best wing rider out there and will be really fantastic.

It wasn't as big as I thought it would be either. It will still be the best Wing-Rider EVER! I think that it is going to make many top ten lists...

I was kinda hoping for keyhole things, lik X-Flight and Raptor have. That would just be awesome. I hope there will be theming to blow away my expctations.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^According to RCDB 'wild eagle' will be 210 feet tall...with a 135ft drop!? Also, the ride time wil be 2mins 22 seconds...

I reallly like the layout as well however I'm suprised that it doesn't have an in-line twist or near miss-points...

Josh73

Giga Poster

^Yeah. I love the layout as well and would like an in-line twist and a near miss point, but what can you do, right? And what is up with that brake run? Its freaking HUGE! EDIT: I just realized I just stole Ben's Brake Run statement! Whoops.

It will be 210 feet tall because of the mountain that is supporting it. There will be a flat mountin top, and that is where the layout will be(I think). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So excited for everything in 2012!

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ thats pretty much right.
The lift hill climbs part of where the land actually slopes upwards quite steep. Then the land flattens up and continues up around 140 feet or so I would say. Just a guess really.
Then the rest of the layout is pretty much on flat land.
I dont understand why its not the other way around, with the lift hill facing the opposite direction?
This wouldve saved money on the lift hill. And in terms of the inline twist, the part right before the brake run would be the perfect spot. But instead theyve put an extra long break run. Its not perfect (Im actually much happier with the actual layout of X-Flight), however I do think this will be good enough to equally match the others.

Josh73

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
I dont understand why its not the other way around, with the lift hill facing the opposite direction? This wouldve saved money on the lift hill. And in terms of the inline twist, the part right before the brake run would be the perfect spot. But instead theyve put an extra long break run. Its not perfect (Im actually much happier with the actual layout of X-Flight), however I do think this will be good enough to equally match the others.

I have the exact same opinions.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

looking at the newsflash on the front page:

"Yes is the answer, as Dollywood announce "Wild Eagle", their new coaster for 2010"

surely there's a mistake on the year there!?

Status
Not open for further replies.