What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

^ Yeah, just like SFMM having the most coasters for 4 months lol.

It's all marketing.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Magic Mountain could easily get that title back. All they have to do is change the direction of one of the cars on Superman EFK, and essentially it is two different roller coasters. So frm 18 down to 17 because of the loss of Deja Vu, they can jump back up to 18 if they switch the direction in which one of the cars travel.
Ive been on both styles (on tot at dreamworld) and they are different. I would absolutely consider them different roller coasters and different credits :)

Anyways, back to Wild Eagle. Technically it is still going to be America's first Wing Rider.
I think X-Flight was announced more along as the lines of the first Wing Rider to comes to news in America.
Either way I dont think the 'record' matters, both will still be popular with certain marketing lines and slogans that will still be used, and both rides will be fantastic

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Or maybe they claim it's America's first because Tennessee isn't necessarily close to Northern Illinois, so very very few people from each location are going to know of both coasters.

As for the ride, I think many people are going to be mistaken by the ride. I don't think people are realizing that this ride is going to be on top of a hill in the park. The ride is 210 feet tall because it needs to climb to the top of the hill. The ride isn't going to necessarily soar above the trees either. I think every valley is going to be surrounded by trees. After seeing these pics from TPR's tour, I think the ride is going to be a lot closer to the ground than one would think:

6giuk1

6girtt

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ lol. interesting way to put it.
I really think that this is going to be different than what any animation or rendering could show us. I CANT WAIT for actual testing and whatnot to start! I guess thats not until a while away, but I really feel like its going to be different than just what the layout shows us on the wild eagle website.
I wonder how many of those trees are going to stay there?

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Taking notes CF? Put the coaster through the trees not through where the trees used to be. :lol:

I am certainly excited to see this wingrider have the vertical loop that alot of people were saying would not be possible with this train design, and that it is not a layout close to Swarm or X-Flight. I , along with everyone else it seems, am quite surprised that it does not have the in-line twist that the other three wingrider layouts have. I think that this coaster focuses more on the larger B&M elements as opposed to the low slung inversions on the other three layouts.

It should be interesting to see how the 2012 wingriders stack up against each other and to Raptor.

I have to say though, B&M must be onto something with their design. In two years B&M has now sold at least 4 wingriders. While Intamin sold one for 2007 and then a modified version for 2012.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Skyrush is a modified Hyper, not a modified wingrider. ;)

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Well that could be argued either way.
Its not like theyve come out with a press release and said how theyve modified a certain type of ride.
You can look at it as they took furius baco and put two seats out of the 4 into the middle over the track.
Or you could look at it, as they took the hyper configuration and spread the outer seats to be winged. But they layout of Skyrush obviously is more like a hyper than a looper.
Either way it doesnt really matter, they havent been successful anywhere near as B&M have been with their models.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^You could argue it either way, but the point is that Skyrush has far more in common to a hyper than a wingrider.

ry1996

Mega Poster

The supports and Track on this Ride Really work well Together By the looks, I really love how this ride Weaves through the woods and sores at Such big heights and how Its already gone Vertical.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah. Construction is happening really fast. I guess thats B&M for ya. So excited for the final resault, POVs, etc.

Ethan

Strata Poster

The final result should be really nice. Gliding swiftly through the trees, and around some inversions... -_-

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yes. The trees/terrain will really give a sensation of Speed.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Kinda stating the obvious there aren't you...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It will be in Tennessee and be blue with 5 inversions and not be fatty friendly.

Snoo still cries nightly over Jim Tressel being gone and longs for his return, while I pray my schools football team will be good again...

That is stating the obvious.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ That post didn't really contribute much...

Anyway, looks like the supports we are seeing will be on the final banked turn. The helix looks a lot tighter than I thought it would be.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Here is a related post (somewhat). The POV's are in the works, but won't be available for some time. There will be a total of two, an onride and an Aerial view when they do get released as well as a video with key people talking about said ride.

Also, a link from the other site I am a part of to give you a visual for the construction:

Dollywood 2012 - Wild Eagle by Rick B.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Woo Hoo! POV's!!!! So excited! Even though it is quite far away.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Oh I cant wait for the POV's to be released! Im a very visual person so I like to see what it would feel like (in my mind that is) and look like. Once that POV comes out I think I will be much more excited for this ride.
ALTHOUGH, if the POV is a fail like Skyrush was, then I dont thinks its going to really help that much. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.