What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

Martyn B said:
Well, being close to the ground on one of these isn't really going to differ much from being close to the ground on an Invert.

I thunk it would though. On an Invert that comes close to the ground, you arent exactly positive just how close you came to the ground as there is no judge of distance unless you go into a ditch of some kind (Nemesis).

With this though, because you are seated next to the track, rather than ontop of it or hanging below it, you get a sense of just how close to the ground you really are. I think it would **** with your mind moreso than on an Inverted/flying coaster.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

New video explaining a bit more about the ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyHleyPirV8[/youtube]

Oh sweet gawd...that is so flippin cheesy and hilarious! I <3 it :lol:.

I agree with you Josh, Craig Ross seems creepy in that video, but I'm hoping it was just the video itself......

Edit: Here is the post on their Facebook page from earlier:

"There has been a bit of speculation as to what Wild Eagle video content will be shared & when. I am pleased to announce that all POV video will be released over the next few months. That being said, I need everyone to stick with me through this process. I promise that you will be the first to know when a new video is about to soar. (I do have a secret to tell everyone.) I have been asked to make ready a Facebook & Twitter post for 4 p.m. today - a NEW video that tells The Vision of Wild Eagle. So set whatever alert you have & be on Dollywood2012.com @ 4 p.m. for the world premiere of the first installment of UNDER THE WING! Enjoy..."

Watching that video is comparable to watching Bill Nye explain how ice melts.

It was just too much :crazy:

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I'm too lazy to go back, but track is going up and in place! Seems to be the break run though at this point in time.

coaster2.jpg

Credit goes to eastcoastermike over on Thrillnetwork.

Re:

Intricks said:
^ It is a signature move for these type of rides, but the fact that you will be flying through trees and seemingly coming close to the ground will give you the same effect as going through a keyhole would. When I get home I'll copy over what the status on facebook has.

I don't think its so much about the near misses with theming, they are a bonus.
Its an important element to have because it 'makes use' of the train type....Essentially spinning riders as if they are on the ends of the blades of a windmill, which is hard to achieve on other coaster types.

An inline to wingriders are what pretzel loops are to flyers.

A return trip to Dollywood is almost certainly a 'must do' for 2012. This ride has way more appeal than the rather depressing 'Swarm'. Log cabin rental, bearsn raccoons, great food, great park, fun rides too. Last years trip to TN was one of our best holidays ever & I've just been given another excuse to take the family back there.

Too many cool rides opening in 2012' its going to be an expensive year!

^ The Swarm appeals to thrill seekers, and Thorpe Park is aimed at teenagers and adults. Dollywood is aimed at families with people of all ages. Your point didn't take that into account. They both appeal to different people, in intensity and theme.

It does, but, it's certainly heading towards the hill where the lift is going to climb.

Also, spitethorpe.

In that update:
Dollywood said:
Imagine you are seated on the wing of an eagle as you head toward Dollywood’s tallest peak up this vertical lift!
WTF!! Vertical lift, doesn't look that to me...

cheers for the links. ^^

That lift looks the real deal so far! dolly-wood really know how to use the scenery and terrain to their advantage! its going to look fabulous!

Just to note, them pictures where from yesterday, so today in America they'll most probably finish the lift hill :)

Edit: Also, this off the video from dollywood, must be the train design:

wingriderdol.png

Too many eagles heads in my view, but I guess that it wouldn't look as good if they had one head in the beginning and then 7 pairs of wings :)

^That's what I was thinking too.

Way too many heads, but it wouldn't make that much sense any other way :/

If there's going to be anything I don't like about this coaster I think it's going to be the trains. They look a bit silly.

I don't understand why only one head wouldn't have looked good? Dragon Challenge manages OK, and those trains are awesome.

Also, that lift looks boss on that hill.

^ Cause dragons can be long creatures that you ride upon while eagles are small, badass brids of prey?

Status
Not open for further replies.