Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

Ethan said:
michaellll said:
Do you get a loop with Swarm? No

Do you get an Immelman? No

An awesomely huge wingover? No

Yeah.......this will be a top notch wingrider, and most likely the most well rated one. As far as theming, we don't really have any plans or information about the station/queue, so it's hard to say much about it. I can almost guarantee you that it will be beautiful.

Dollywood <3
Loops have been done before. So have immelmans, oh... and Wingovers!
Does Wild Eagle have a dive loop from the lift? No. Does Wild eagle have an in-line twist? No. Does Wild Eagle have an incline loop? No. You argument can be switched the other way, and is therefore...pointless.

Does Wild Eagle have to rely on intense themeing to possibly make the ride experience better? No. While all of the elements have been done before (except the Dive Loop, but there are similar elements out there, so your argument is null and void as well kind sir ;)), Wild Eagle is a break from the apparent norm for Wing Riders (as the layouts of The Swarm and X-Flight are very similar, and they all have the basic elements found on Raptor), so it makes it more unique, and will give a different ride from the rest of the wing riders out there.

Wild Eagle will be the best rated, simply because it will be a unique layout, offer a different ride experience and will only have to rely on mother nature for its themeing and near misses ;3

Ethan said:
^ But dives loops are also new to Wing riders...

...and Wing Riders are ALSO new in themselves. You had no point with this.

Thing is, this does look pretty fantastic, nobody can dispute that, I just think that in terms of layout, this is the only one, apart from Raptor, that has a kind of unique layout. Raptor simply has a unique layout because of it being the first. Where as X-Flight and Swarm are actually pretty similar. I do genuinely think, out of the 3 (counting X-Flight and Swarm as one, yet I know they are different), I think this has actually got the better layout. Plus, with the close terrain layout, I think it could be one of the better 2012 additions to the industry.

-lofty- said:
Ethan said:

But your missing the point. We were talking about elements on the ride type not the ride type itself.

Ethan said:
-lofty- said:
Ethan said:

But your missing the point. We were talking about elements on the ride type not the ride type itself.

I'm not missing the point at all, my post was directly to that one single statement you had said, the way you've said it is a matter-of-fact way that a Wing Rider has NEVER had one of them elements. My point was, it's far too early in the production of that coaster type to start to say whether or not a certain element is unique/new to that coaster type..

-lofty- said:
Ethan said:
-lofty- said:

I'm not missing the point at all, my post was directly to that one single statement you had said, the way you've said it is a matter-of-fact way that a Wing Rider has NEVER had one of them elements. My point was, it's far too early in the production of that coaster type to start to say whether or not a certain element is unique/new to that coaster type..

I guess it all turns out on what the 'philosophy' of a wing rider turns out to be... Bit flakey a know, but think of if like this: A B&M flyer is all about smooth turns and graceful transitions (the recent Chinese flyer which although looking awesome felt a little wrong to me); a hyper has turns out to be about the hills despite the first couple having an after-trim curvy section; sit-downs being all about inversion after inversion. Each has a different feel - which has evolved over time.

It's too early to tell right now how wing riders will turn out - therefore I'm with -lofty- on this one - until we know what wing riders turn out to be, we can't make assumptions or arguments based on what wing riders do or don't have - we don't know yet - and we won't know for a good few years to be able to know.

What I'm getting out of this is how versatile B&M's wing coasters can be. Wild Eagle shows that they could have a more original layout and The Swarm shows that they can be downright unique and one of a kind. I personally think that all the versatility, the rides are almost incomparable.

I think that in terms of looping roller coasters, wing riders are a strong part of the future. It seems like floorless, regular sit-downs, stand-ups and dive machines are dying out.
I know DM's arent exactly dying out, but the last park to buy one was a random chinese park a couple years ago.
I think parks are wanting some different sort of looping experience.

D1993 said:
I know DM's arent exactly dying out, but the last park to buy one was a random chinese park a couple years ago.
Not quite, Krake opened this year. ;) I don't think the DM are dying out, there's still a bit appeal for parks to get them. They're still fairly unique. I think the wing-riders are the current 'fashion', like with any of these new technologies. The test will be are they still going to be building them in 2-3-4 years time. I suspect they will, as B&M seem to take their time and make sure the ride type is right before installing it.

^Exactly! I especially think the mini dive machine will be popular since it allow for an actual layout after the drop (and it's cheaper as well).

I still think the wing rider will be B&Ms best selling coaster though. It's a brilliant concept imo and it seems very popular among parks too.

CoasterCrazy said:

j8ub9l4hck9t40009jai3i.jpg

♥♥♥

I hope they can add more trees to the area. Would make what already looks insane even better.

^Yeah, I hope they put some of the trees back. It'd look phenomenal if it was just climbing out of the trees. I hope they don't clear too many more during construction. :D

I ****ing LOVE how this is looking. That's gorgeous, and I can't wait to see the rest.

That lift is pretty intimidating <3

Hixee said:
D1993 said:
Not quite, Krake opened this year. ;) I don't think the DM are dying out, there's still a bit appeal for parks to get them. They're still fairly unique. I think the wing-riders are the current 'fashion', like with any of these new technologies. The test will be are they still going to be building them in 2-3-4 years time. I suspect they will, as B&M seem to take their time and make sure the ride type is right before installing it.

oh whoops! I totally forgot about Krake.
It doesnt really do much though does it?

Id definetly say these wing-riders will last for a while. Next year will be really interesting because theres been 3 this year and from what Ive heard about Raptor its been quite successful.
Other parks are going to want a little bit of this success too :)

Because Wild Eagle right now is looking really fabulous and if I was any park anywhere I would want to get my hands on one of these coasters.

D1993 said:
oh whoops! I totally forgot about Krake.
It doesnt really do much though does it?

Neither does Oblivion though to be fair...

This looks brill though... I'd imagine they'll be planting trees to grow up near the end of the construction so they can check the reach envelope and such... Will certainly look iconic to the park though when done...

^ huh?
Is it a joke or something? Lol I dont get it.

^^ and true oblivion is extremely short too. I would really like if parks started adding DM's with longer layouts and just more to them. Even with Sheikra and Griffon they are still quite short.

And above all, I really hope we see a whole bunch of B&M Giga's just like Leviathan in 2013!

edit: my bad I thought I was posting in the Leviathan thread :S
Your comment about the 210 feet makes sense now. Whoopsie.

It just doesn't look 210ft tall to me. Unless they're doing a Blackpool?

I think 210 ft is supposed to be the total height variance between the top of the lift and the lowest point, not 210 ft of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.