What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

jay37415

Mega Poster
It looks like they are shooting for a Memorial day weekend opening.

TY might just get his wish and ride it.

WindyCityTy

Roller Poster
I'm leaving Friday morning so I might miss this by ONE day. :( I wish they would open this already. I mean there's kids riding it now and yet it's still closed to the public. I wonder what the hold up is.

Maybe this is just me wanting the ride to open this week but I would think a Memorial Day weekend opening would be very chaotic for a new attraction that's experiencing issues. A soft opening on a weekday would be nice. ;) Well, I'm off to Tennessee! I'll post a review when I get home this coming weekend.

Hutch

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Very cool. Looking forward to more video of it running.

Looks like I need to find a new excuse for visiting Dollywood. Asheville, NC is nearby, and sports the largest per capita of breweries in the U.S. - I think I have my trip! :cool:

jay37415

Mega Poster
Per the dollywood website.. There is also a sign in front of LR stating the same thing...

The Lightning Rod roller coaster is now in technical ride rehearsal. The ride may be subject to temporary closure or delays from time to time.

WindyCityTy

Roller Poster
I REALLY hope it's open again tomorrow and Wednesday. I was trying to race to Tennessee as quickly as I could to go to the park but as luck would have it, as soon as I checked into my cabin I ran into problems. There's no water so I had to call maintenance. Oh well, I still might go on the alpine coaster tonight but I am pretty tired from the 12 hour drive.

Here's to hoping LR is open tomorrow! :)