What's new

Confessions on a Coaster Forum

Snoo

The Legend
I've never had a problem with KD. Yeah, it's not the best in the world, but not even close to the worst.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
IntaminToWin said:
JJLehto said:
I love King's Dominion.
I hate Six Flags Great Adventure. If there was a way for Nitro, El Toro and KK (ok also Rolling Thunder) to be moved elsewhere I'd love for the place to be leveled.

Rolling Thunder and Kingda Ka but not Medusa and Superman?
That's a confession right there IMO.

Well ideally those too but cmon, gotta pick the absolute tops.
OK I'd rather ride Medzarro but B&M 7 loopers can be made any time haha
I like both those rides but not worth a relocation :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I understand the Kings Dominion hate, but I also think those who hate it are failing to see that there's more to this hobby than seeking out the best of the best. Kings Dominion is a really odd park, filled with an unusual assortment of rides, and that alone makes it worth traveling for. On top of that, it has a couple of hidden gems.

The main problem with KD is the unbearable sun. In Virginia's southern heat at the times of year most people will travel to parks, it can be absolutely horrible. Heat ruins days at parks at the best of times, but couple the lack of shade with the fact that two of their best rides have horrible indoors sections with no air conditioning, and it's easy to see why the park gets slated as it does. There's no excuse for this I guess.

I strongly recommend doing KD in the afternoon into the evening. Because otherwise, by mid afternoon you'll have had enough and want to go home.

But yeah, Kings Dominion is underrated, it's just a shame most people visit it in the worst possible conditions.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
It's funny you say that.
I saw some negative comments about KD's odd assortment.
It's "weird" and just "doesn't work" or something.

Utter rubbish to me, and I'd agree with you, an odd collection seems like a unique and nice thing.

The sun does suck but eh...I've been to parks in 100+ degrees (kill me) and Six Flags Great Adventure has like no green and is a big ol concrete slab. Place is like an oven.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
I prefer airtime and speed over inversions.....actually, i greatly dislike most multi-inversion coasters. I find them to be boring :shock:

oryp

Roller Poster
I love Kings Dominion, mostly because I've been going there all my life, but also because of the great assortment of coasters (they do need a hyper coaster, though).

I find I305 to be far better than Millennium Force.

I have actually re-ridden Mind Eraser at SFA.

I really love SFNE and wish it were my home park. Bizarro and Batman: The Dark Knight were awesome!

I don't enjoy Shoot the Chutes, with only 1 or 2 exceptions.

That's enough for now...

peep

CF Legend
^^ Oh gawd, why do they have to try to rip you apart? It's so wrong. Air is far superior because it's actually a comfortable experience.

Jer

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Vastly prefer Air to Tatsu because of the lack of ripping my legs off...

That's why I hate flyers, I've never ridden air, but Tatsu, Superman, and Batwing were all just horrible experiences.

kimahri

CF Legend
KD Is ghey cause of the sun. I will say FoF, Volcano and dom were good. The togo was interesting and the rest is just eah... Then I305 can **** off as can everything about SFA.

I find X;_,++.no wayout to be a bizarrely interesting ride too.