What's new

Confessions on a Coaster Forum

nadroJ

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
You should confess that you cried after Phoenix :p .

Ahahaha that was one of the funniest things ever! Everyone coming off and going omg amazing ride and Ciall being like, really angry and like I ALMOST DIED I AM NOT HAPPY!

Martyn B

CF Legend
ava1enzue1a said:
I just now realized Intamin AG has their own inverts (with the exception of twisted impulse ones like Wicked Twister). DUH! Volcano, The Blast Coaster! Among others. :roll:

What about the traditional ones, like Tornado and.... Tornado?

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
ava1enzue1a said:
I just now realized Intamin AG has their own inverts (with the exception of twisted impulse ones like Wicked Twister). DUH! Volcano, The Blast Coaster! Among others. :roll:

What about the traditional ones, like Tornado and.... Tornado?
Yeah, those are what I was referring to with "among others" :)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
History be damned - Arrow mine trains suck.

I rather enjoyed Runaway Mine Train at Great Adventure. Confession: I thought it was the best Arrow mine train I've ridden & I preferred it to every other non-B&M/Intamin coaster there.

I don't have any problem with B&M standups. I think they're fine rides and I enjoy them. I just bend at the knees the slightest bit when the harnesses lock into place and I have no problems with the ball-crunching so many complain about.

I like Mean Streak. It doesn't have any airtime but I still find it fun and not too rough, even with the trimmage.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I liked Flamingoland more when it was a crap fairground.

Also agreeing on the US flyers, Air defo gets less credit than it should.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
7. I really don't see all the fuss about Shockwave's Zero-G. It just whips you round and I dont find it comfy at all.

bmac

Giga Poster
17uor0podoo8i506bg001v.jpg

NOPE! I want children thankyouverymuch

bmac

Giga Poster
I got lost at Kings Dominion my last visit 4 days ago, even though I've been there 5 times before and had a map on hand :lol:

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I found Grizzly at KD more fun than Volcano.

I also like Mean Streak and have no problems with the B&M standups. Agreed, is it seriously that hard to just leave a tiny bit of slack??

Kebab

Giga Poster
1. I think Colossus is the best coaster at Thorpe Park, and one of the best in UK.

2. I prefer Ice Blast to Apocalypse, I find Apocalypse underwhelming.

3. I think Big Dipper should be burnt to the ground.

4. Corkscrew was way better than Th13teen, I miss it.

5. Haven't been on detonator because I have a Phoebia of countdowns (even Ritas countdown drives me mental)

tribar

Mega Poster
Mean Streak isn't that bad. It's forceless but the roughness adds to the fun.
GCI's restraints SUCK?? If you put the tiniest amount of pressure on them they staple you in (Happned at HP on their GCI's)
Speaking of GCI's Wildcat is easily worse than Mean Streak (and Hades another woodie that i hated)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I miss Doppelmayer's Vertigo @ Walibi Belgium.

When I first saw Maverick pov I wasn't impressed. And I was annoyed because it wastes speed with this brake/launch in the middle !

Martyn B

CF Legend
I genuinely don't think Cheetah Hunt is any good. Its actually quite crap tbh.

Very weak launches, and it just does....nothing, at all. There is one good air-time hill, and that is it.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
The best airtime moment at Holiday World was on Liberty Launch.

I love Ghostrider.

My best ride on Carowinds' Intimidator was way better than my best ride on I305.

I loved KD's Grizzly.