What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Mark

Strata Poster
Guys, seriously. Please keep this back on topic. I have to print all this out and hand it into the Merlin team...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I get what you are saying about the food thing, but the point is, this topic isn't really about that as the whole Burger King/McDonalds thing is company wide, not just reserved to Chessington.
Personally I think it's important that Chessington know people want to see more effort put into their own food outlets so we don't have to go to BK, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yes Joey, but this topic was requested by the team dealing with the Projects for Chessington for a particular motive. NOT FOR FOOD!

Mark said:
The project team want your ideas and suggestions about the sort of rides and attractions that you think would be ideal for Chessington to match this 10-12 demographic.

Dave

CF Legend
Topple Towers are an alright ride suggestion, its very cliched :p

I quite like the idea of one of the S&S family drop towers, the ones that splashes into water, as it would fit into some Pirate theme I would think.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
HHHMMM perhaps you could do some sort of SW like what alton does, but for the london area, meaning stuff that legoland and thorpe DON'T have, meaning no euro fighters. Perhaps a plug and play, or CGI, since they're still family orientated, but provide thrills, and who doesn't like woodies? (I think it'd be bettter as a 70 foot CGI, I THINK it's cheeper, but i'm not sure.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't think the space they have is particularly suited to a wooden coaster.

*waits fo someone to prove me wrong*

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If the entire Britain wasn't so completely H&S focused, I'd tell the planning team to tour Denmark one summer, and do the obstacle courses in Fårup, Sommerland Syd and Djurs Sommerland. Then put up something similiar. Cheap, requires no space whatsoever, unique and suitable for all ages.

Too bad one child in a million is doomed to fall down somewhere, and, unlike Denmark, the parents won't give the kid a pat on his back, buy him an ice cream and be a bit more quiet the rest of the day. They'll phone The Sun with one hand and their lawyer with the other, and the park will be the ones in trouble.

However, if you feel that I am overreacting, which, considering the fact that I don't live in England and haven't experienced the system myself, is quite likely, an obstacle course is recommended. Any playground manufacturer would be over-happy to get a "big" contract with a park, and any kid will love to be allowed to climb in the funny structures at a park without the risk of being overrun by a coaster cart.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Chessington did have an Action Man assault course which was pretty awesome but it got removed to make room for Fury.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Yesterday I went on my first Huss Topple Tower, and after experiencing it, it would fit into Chessie's demographic.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Different people, different views...

Maybe a 10/11 year old will love the idea of the falling tower... You never can really tell...

Mark

Strata Poster
Ben said:
For the love of God DON'T buy a Topple Tower.

They are rubbish.

They also have appauling reliability too apparently.... I certainly wouldn't wanna see reliability issues in a new attraction.

Slash

Giga Poster
Why not a bm flyer? That'd be great for the lower teen group as its bringing them into the hardcore thrill area but would be a great idea for getting one step on the thrill seekers ladder!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
*Cries inside at YET ANOTHER suggestion of a B&M*

I seem to remember Mark did say sommat about some reactions of the management over some of the posts here... I dread to think sometimes...

Especially if they have the same feelings as I do sometimes... :roll:

Chessie can't afford a Flyer... Or any form of B&M, quicker people realise this the better...

badger

Roller Poster
chessington

how abount an haunted area ghoast train in mad house , skull cars n vampire cars so you can keep dodgems,and coaster small to circle area.like flying fish but longer . only an idea? badger.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I think they're looking for something a bit more intense and exciting than kiddie coasters. That's why a topple tower could work (other than the reliability issues).

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
*Cries inside at YET ANOTHER suggestion of a B&M*
I seem to remember Mark did say sommat about some reactions of the management over some of the posts here... I dread to think sometimes...
Especially if they have the same feelings as I do sometimes... :roll:
Chessie can't afford a Flyer... Or any form of B&M, quicker people realise this the better...

Indeed I did.

Not only can they not afford one (although they could get something like that with company help if necessary) WHY would they get one. Something on that sort of scale would be totally out of place considering the demographics of their target audience.

Yes they may want to start stepping back up to the plate with some more thrilling attractions but a B&M is a pole vault up to a plate that really isn't going to happen. (Height restrictions on the park for a start).