What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well then I envy you and your sister. With me being the only one in the family who likes coasters, I find it very frustrating that we don't go on more theme park outings together. I have tried to get my brother onto rides and the scariest ride I've gotten him on is the enterprise at alton towers, which is why I think that it is the perfect ride for encouraging the more reluctant children to have a go.

Ok maybe I was aiming a bit lower on the age scale, admittedly I recall that my brother was only finally swayed into going on because a load of other little kids about 8 years old went on before him and seemed perfectly fine. How about having a small airtime coaster in the oriental area of the park? Let it twist through the flume ride and around the ferris wheel. That bit of the park needs a more thrilling ride.

Also, I wasn't being entirely serious about my brother being 'perfect market research'. I just meant that I could name at least one person who had the potetial to be a thrillseeker, but because the larger rides are themed more scarily, has never had the courage to step onto any of the more fun rides. I may not be conducting vast interviews over a cross section of the audience, but I know how my brother behaves, and I can take examples from him to generalise across the target market, and be sure of at least a slight degree of accuracy.

One other example. He went on X:\NWO, and found it not only slightly scary, because his mother was screaming all the way around... but not very fun. This combintation was lethal because it meant that he told himself 'Roller coasters are scary and rollercoasters are not fun' which meant that not only did he have a reson not to go on them, he had no incentive to want to ride in the first place.

Let me know if you have any better ideas of how to encourage a child onto a rollercoaster in this situation, where all else has failed.

jokerman

Giga Poster
You can't force your brother to like bigger rides. You can encourage him, but if he doesn't like them then that's his decision.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ya know, having worked at chessington I have heard hundreds of 6-10 year old kids say that the Vampire was boring. So as a majority, kids do want bigger and faster attractions too.

Ollie

CF Legend
Move Corkscrew from Alton to Chessie. :p

Pllleeeeeaaasssee. It would be great for young children because of it's short height limit and it is a great stepping stone to get them on bigger rides. And it stops a historic coaster from becoming scrap. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^If Alton don't want it cos of the maintenance costs, why would Chessie?

Corkscrew will get scrapped... Sad but true... Ain't moving anywhere in the UK if it does move...

Mark

Strata Poster
Hey guys.

Just a small update for you.

Your posts have all been printed out and looked over by the Project Team. I was also asked to pass on a massive thank you to those who have contributed so far. The team are impressed with the input and suggestions. Keep them coming in!!!

They have also said they will keep us in the loop, wherever possibly. So as soon as I hear something I can reveal, I will.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Well chessie deffinately need a WOW like ride, that can be suitable for 10+ to get interest into the place, like blackpool has pepsi, rev, and infusion, AT has nemmy, obliv, rita and thorpe has coll, stealth (i don't count nemmy inferno, since it's just a sittier slower version of nemmy at AT, and theonly bit i like about it were those helixes at the end) and soon SAW. But they also need something that England has only like 1 or none of, and Europe only has like 1-3 of.
SOOOO I vote B & M sitdown looper (the park deff needs inversions) and maybe a flier (I think only AT has the only flierer in Europe, but I'm not sure), because then they aren't anything similar to anything thorpe has (except the B&m looper, but B&M's feel epicly different to intamins, IMO)
and then they chessie could see the popularity of the aprk at that moment in time, then for the last WOW ride, (at least for 5-10 years) and DM going down into a black hole, or abyse (like what somebody sugested a while back, the dude with all the epic drawings) then concentrate on little things again, for a while.
Overall I think chessie should do what AT are doing, since near them they have thorpe (14/15-21) and lego land (kiddy stuff) and if they do what AT are doing IMO more people will go chessie, becasue if they've got a radom family age (let's say a 14 year old and a 8 year old and maybe a 10 year old, they can do stuff so that thhe whole family can have a good time)........

-CA

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
coasteraddict10 said:
Well chessie deffinately need a WOW like ride, that can be suitable for 10+ to get interest into the place, like blackpool has pepsi, rev, and infusion, AT has nemmy, obliv, rita and thorpe has coll, stealth (i don't count nemmy inferno, since it's just a sittier slower version of nemmy at AT, and theonly bit i like about it were those helixes at the end) and soon SAW. But they also need something that England has only like 1 or none of, and Europe only has like 1-3 of.
SOOOO I vote B & M sitdown looper (the park deff needs inversions) and maybe a flier (I think only AT has the only flierer in Europe, but I'm not sure), because then they aren't anything similar to anything thorpe has (except the B&m looper, but B&M's feel epicly different to intamins, IMO)
and then they chessie could see the popularity of the aprk at that moment in time, then for the last WOW ride, (at least for 5-10 years) and DM going down into a black hole, or abyse (like what somebody sugested a while back, the dude with all the epic drawings) then concentrate on little things again, for a while.
Overall I think chessie should do what AT are doing, since near them they have thorpe (14/15-21) and lego land (kiddy stuff) and if they do what AT are doing IMO more people will go chessie, becasue if they've got a radom family age (let's say a 14 year old and a 8 year old and maybe a 10 year old, they can do stuff so that thhe whole family can have a good time)........

-CA

And what money do you suggest they pay for these coasters with?

I really wish people would think logically instead of placing a wish-list... I can see the management laughing at some suggestions in my mind's eye cos of the general absurdity at them...

Let alone the post is hard to decipher... :roll:

I reckons we'll not get a major ride in 09... But in 2010 when Beanoland is re-done...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
We don't have to know the specifics, but I think we can all safely assume that more money is being pumped into Alton and Thorpe than Chessie... (Dunno bout Legoland...)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's not a case of having more shops, it's a case of how many people you get regularly in those shops everyday...

Since Thorpe and Alton generally have higher attendances by usually a couple of thousand (2/3k) I'd say that those two would gain more profit than Chessie...

Please be aware that I do work at the park and know a bit about the internal workings, not much but I'd say more than the majority of people...

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
It's not a case of having more shops, it's a case of how many people you get regularly in those shops everyday...

Who the hell said I was talking about shops? I meant stores of money in like a bank or something...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^:lol:

You make me laugh... Park money doesn't generally work like that... If this is difference to your knowledge inform us...

Chessie has minimal monies being given by Merlin to it atm, but due to the excellent year we've been having there's hope yet, but is dependant on next year also being awesome, so next major ride will be when Beanoland is re-done if we're lucky...

Aerith

Mega Poster
Though Chessington has now become a theme park for families with younger children, i enjoy Chessington, especially when it comes to halloween, because the effort they put into the themeing is great :).
It also has legendary rides like Vampire, Safari Skyway and urgh *twitches* Bubbleworks. Chessington also has a nice all round feel and view
Overall ;) i think Chessington is epic and Kicks Thorpe's Butt :)

peep

CF Legend
After much discussion I have a few things to moan about:

Nestle, I would rather there be no sweets than have nestle, gah, it was all about Cadburys you silly peeps.

Burger King, why? Either bring back McDonalds or make some decent food (Goblin has gone way down hill this year, more on that news later)

Queue lines tv should just go away.

Xpress pass should be banned. Especially on Dragons Fury, yeah, make a long queue longer, fools. Disney learn, so should you.

Vampire music is amazing, play it so peeps can actually hear it.

Queue jumping rules should be made clearer and enforced, at the moment its hard to see the posters and staff don't do anything unless other peeps moan to them.

Bring back decent merchandise, get rid of this trophy turd, we want clothing to say we love your park and attractions (look at it this way, free advertising).

Add more smaller, thrill-based attractions like I dunno, a themed waltzer.

Ok, back the Greedy Goblin.....Last year was amazing, good tasting food, great service, look at it now. The food tastes like the back end of a bus and it takes about an hour for the food to arrive on your table. What is going on, I would love to see this once great restaurant return to when it was good, now I have to bring food with me as everything sucks.

Apart from that everything is fine :D Also liking some touches of paint here and there, stops peeps seeing horrible rust on the supports for safari skyway (which as previously mentioned, needs to be re-tracked so goes near the actual zoo).

Aerith

Mega Poster
peep said:
Burger King, why? Either bring back McDonalds or make some decent food (Goblin has gone way down hill this year, more on that news later)

yes i agree :p food is a problem at the park, Burger King is epic fail and as you could tell their Fish and Chips aren't great either :p

And i found out today that they were originally going to get rid of Skyway for next year, but now obviously think it has a phew more years left ;)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
peep said:

Mcdonalds is ****e, Burger King has FAR BETTER FOOD!
Ok its a little pricier, but at least I'm not eating some sh1tty low-grade beef thats filled with so much bread and roughage in there it tastes like cardboard.

Burger King all the way as the Beef is quality and everything about it is generally better.