What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
nemesisnutter said:
^ Vampire is complete rubish anyway so who cares if it is there or not.

I care and I actually really enjoyed riding the vampire. More so than Dragons Fury actually.

I think they should get an Intamin drop tower like Apocolypse and they could theme it for transylvania and have bats hanging from the top of the tower or something.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
^ Well Vampire is being knocked down in around 7 years so something has to take its place. ;)

Strange that several years have been added on since your last remark over that Erol ;)

After Germany, I believe that we need a lovely coaster for Chessie... Maybe to be it simply.....

A MAMMUT CLONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all...

ryan462

Hyper Poster
10WaTT said:
I think they should get an Intamin drop tower like Apocolypse and they could theme it for pensylvania and have bats hanging from the top of the tower or something.

I could see that being a great idea BUT it can't be too tall and must be heavily themed! It would be the parks main thrill ride and a great addition to the park.

Over than that I could see a the possibility of a family woodie and definatly a rapids but they have already been suggested.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
^ Ermmmmm, end of last year was 8 years, this is now 7 years...

I don't see how I added "more years" ?

It's strange how you seem to forget.

Erol, you never said to me 8 years... Most you said was 20 years after it had opened, which meant 3 years last year, and therefore 2 this year...

A

Anonymous

Sorry late reply! But thank you 'nemeisnutter' for actually taking the time to properly read and adress my comment instead of being rude and sarcastic almost instantaniousley (the chap above your comment on page 7).

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I object being referred to as "the chap". However I see what you mean now. I apologise for acting without fully thinking about your comment.

In other news, I don't think that a drop tower would fit in with the overall feel of chessington. I could imagine tall rides alienating children.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
nemesisnutter said:
10WaTT said:
nemesisnutter said:
^ Vampire is complete rubish anyway so who cares if it is there or not.

I care and I actually really enjoyed riding the vampire. More so than Dragons Fury actually.

I did not mean to offend anybody i was just expressing my opinion.

You didn't offend me and when it's your opinion, you shouldn't care who it offends as afterall, it is just your opinion. :)

jokerman said:
I don't think that a drop tower would fit in with the overall feel of chessington. I could imagine tall rides alienating children.

Well I can't imagine they would be any more intimidated by a drop tower than they would be of Ramesis Revenge.

Tim

Roller Poster
Excellent, the thread is still here. I have more!

Beanoland…

To me, this areas theme is a little disjointed and irrelevant to the rest of the park. “World of Adventures”, is the idea, so lets celebrate the world cultures as the park originally set out to do!
With this in mind, I’d transform the Beanoland area into The Roman Empire (or something of the same theme with a less dire name…).

Marble effect the buildings into white temples. Remodel the fountains a little, a few pillars around and hey presto!

Billy’s whizzer becomes Pegasus with a quick retheme. Main shaft becomes a stone pillar, other panels get a marble effect. Nice and simple.

2830170663_ed4e83087f.jpg

For added effect, I’d include smoke machines under the loading floor. As the ride performs its initial lift, a smoke screen forms and you get the idea of rising above the clouds into flight.

Also in this area, possibly where the shooter arena currently sits and expanding onto the field behind….

2831004464_3ffbc163a2.jpg

An indoor coaster inside a crumbling Roman temple.
I’m being deliberately vague with this one, as what’s inside the building can be pretty limitless.

2830169897_dd5d2c10c4.jpg

I’d suggest an Intamin coaster like Skull Mountain at SFGA, but with a loop. Using the same trains as I displayed earlier in model form

2830170875_f125c64ab6.jpg

2650512255_886e4c0dd6.jpg

Or maybe a eurofighter….

2830175271_c7f2881f3b.jpg

A plunge in the dark to escape the wrath of the gods!

Now leaving Beanoland…

That big empty field parallel to Dragon’s Fury! Its just SCREAMING for development.

Originally I thought “rapids”, since the natural slope of the land there would lend itself to that well. But we’re talking about older, braver audiences here, so bring on the thrills!
My original thought was to extend the Dragons area and have a ride set around a ruined fantasy medieval village. See Dragon’s Fury in the background to get an idea of the placement here…

2831008412_5af3dc356c.jpg

Loops!

2830173213_a12d4f2ca9.jpg

Corkscrews!

2831007726_d706bfe6a2.jpg

Airtime!

2831008116_293fde16b2.jpg

Shortly after, I had a good chat with Mark, who suggested it might clog and area if it had two coasters. He recommended extending the Pirate themed area up the path and playing on that, which was a much better plan! So back to work…

This is what I came up with. The Plunderer!

2830174941_7d5dda294b.jpg

It’s a Gerstlauer launched coaster, of the same type that just opened in Denmark.

The idea is that you are pirates with a new weapon of assault in your arsenal.
Board cannonball cars and get blasted into town from a huge cannon, smashing through town defenses and buildings to plunder their booty! =)

Layout is: launch through building, mini tophat, airtime hill, zero-g roll, helix, mid course brake, helix, corkscrew, airtime hill into final brakes.

Station aboard a boat. Note the cannon launch tunnel.

2830171097_e81d860e48.jpg

2830171363_b1b83300fd.jpg

Entrance at the far end of the ride, where the second helix goes underground

2831007080_5af3deb7fe.jpg

2831005742_2da393ceb5.jpg

Onride view.
The idea is that your cannonball ride is bouncing and rolling through the town, smashing through building and exploding over scenery as it dives and coils around the elements

2831008762_f19523aeef.jpg

After seeing that Lynet coaster in action, I'd just love to have one nearby. It looks like such a perfect little choice for Chessington. And clearly better designed than those dreadful Maurer X-cars!

Aaaaaaand that’s about it for now =)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
For the second coaster, where would that be in relation from Buccy? Still on the hill?

Looks absolutely gorgeous as always Tim, we can always pray that you get taken on by some form of design company in the theme park world... Though they'd have to be ones with deep pockets considering the details you put into theming ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I personally think anything with a height restriction of over 1.2m will not be extremely suitable (I know of Rameses' existance, but that is before the new target audiences were made) for the Merlin view...

Plus I doubt if Thorpe didn't get one, Chessie ain't gonna get a Flyer either :lol:

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i guess you're right, they'd need to find a safer way to get smaller people on it and it's probably aiming too high. However, I do see the flying coaster as a more family friendly ride, though. Once you get over the initial worry of the unfamilier ride position it's more fun than scary. I think it'd suit a younger audience as Air, at least, has quite a magical quality.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
How about a S&S El Loco a la Steel Hawg?

Only 48"/1.2m height restriction, and would be a rather unique ride...

Tbh, for next year replacing Rodeo (with a Zamperla Demolition Derby or some form of flat spinning ride) and general improvements would be the best idea...

New coaster comes in 2010 with Beanoland renovation... And the coaster type would depend on the theme being given/kept...