What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Mike

Giga Poster
Quick question: Will we be getting any actual feedback on these suggestions by the park, or will we be left in the dark for months to come wondering what ever happened to this? :?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^God knows, could be anytime between now and whenever really :lol:

On the subject of bins, staff are indeed cleaning them in the mornings now, but tbh, any form of cleaning bins every morning will not prevent wasps and other insects appearing at them... I can probably count the amount of times Erol asked me to do that :p ZERO... Evidently if people are doing them now and not when you were there.... No.... ;)

We have a park presentations team (Car Parks), why not utilise them more during the day in ALL areas, maybe in conjuction with some cleaners from the areas as well, or get some cheap outside sourcing (who are better than the current toilet people)...

The point of working in Rides and Attractions is to work on the rides, not empty bins, bit of a mis-nomer really...

Steven

Giga Poster
Erm on the subject of toilets. I think they need bigger and more reliable toilets that work. The amount of times I have to wait to sit on the bog and to wash my hand then only to find out only cold air is comming out of the hand dryers! :( Oh and need I remid you of what happened last halloween the basin I was ill in the tap didn't work spent half the time trying to get it down. Now that PISSED my off but I had to clean it as it would be unfair on visters and cleaners. Oh I forgot to complane afterwards as well via post. Dam shows you just how well I forgot that and got on with the night! :--D

nealbie

CF Legend
Chessington needs to bring back something similar to that old Action Man thing that was there before the land of the dragons was built a few years ago.

Potentially it could be put in or around Beanoland, and be something to do with the adventures of Dennis, this would much better catch the imagination of 10-12 year olds as they much prefer the whole 'interactive' thing.

Other than that a good paint job around the park would return the atmosphere to its former glory!

jokerman

Giga Poster
Can they get some new voice recordings to play in the queue line for Dragon's Fury? It's just the same ones over and over again, and when you waiting an hour for it, it can be really annoying.

Mark

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Black bin bags is a must!

Nobody wants to see ****ing bin juice and shlt inside of a clear bag.

There is a reason that clear bags are used though Erol. It is a security/safety issue to ensure nothing untoward is in the bin.

Nemesisisnutter, I like the Kanonen idea. A lower intensity launch coaster would be brilliant. Although something like Disney CA's California Screamin would be oerfect. Very high throughput, can be massively themed, add music to the trains and voila........ The coaster is a fantastic all round family ride covering everything, a nice launch, great hills and helices and a single inversion. Everything a first timer may want!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I would like to see some coasters which aren't as scary but use coaster types such as a Diving Coaster for kids or a flying coaster for kids. Basically giving younger people a chance to go on rides that would otherwise be too scary for them. Although I would still like to see a new no way out sort of ride.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
I love chessingtons atnosphere but, i think they could use an intense ride with a similar footprint to vampire (mabye replace even) i mean furious baco has no "high" points so to speak and it's one of the best coasters in europe. I say a coaster which dives under pathways and overhead with real interaction would be good for chessington. And of course, they should bring a top class flat along, and some rapids. But i'm just getting greedy now.

marc

CF Legend
A Eurofighter would be good for Chessington or maybe one of their launched ones like Plopsaland are getting.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
Considering the age spectrum a ZAMPERLA CUSTOM MOTOCOASTER would fit the bill perfectly not too intense for children, not intimidating to first riders, can be themed very easily. Also it can intwine with other rides so it would be good if you got a river rapids aswell and intwined them together it would look great.All this could fit in on that big hill and the area behind the runaway mine train.

Steven

Giga Poster
Well can I just say congrats to Chessington. Went there on Saturday and what a day. Very well staffed clean and everything working where I was going. Dodgems have been maintained and are running sooo well. Though kids under 5 years old were being let on and some were getting injured. But others loved it. But parents choice.
So Thanks!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Mark said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Black bin bags is a must!

Nobody wants to see ****ing bin juice and shlt inside of a clear bag.

There is a reason that clear bags are used though Erol. It is a security/safety issue to ensure nothing untoward is in the bin.

Alton Towers use black bin bags ;)

A

Anonymous

12 year olds can handle some extreme thrills, so possibly add a tower like the one at Thorpe Park "Detonator" or a rollercoaster that is mildly thrilling such as the "Vampire". lol and here's a random thing, i'm going there this Saturday for my friends bro's 11th b'day. YAY! :--D 8)

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
^ Vampire is complete rubish anyway so who cares if it is there or not.
But what i think DanielSon92 ment to say is that they need a new coaster that is just as forceful as vampire, he was not implying that they should put another suspended coaster in.
Also i agree with DanielSon92 about 12 year olds going on thrilling rides because i can remeber going on nemesis at a younger age than that.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
nemesisnutter said:
Also i agree with DanielSon92 about 12 year olds going on thrilling rides because i can remeber going on nemesis at a younger age than that.

I went on Nemesis, Oblivion and Air when I was 10 four years ago. :)