What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just giving Mark a hand in saying what we have so far...

Ride wise:
-GCI wooden Twister coaster (akin to Roar)
-Huss Topple Tower
-S&S Space Shot
-Huss Enterprise
-S&S Screaming Swing
-Intamin Gyro Swing
-Interactive Dark Ride for Beanoland if re-done completely (Sally Corp)
-Rapids (Several manufacturers, possibly River Quest at Phantasialnad as a basis?)
-Junior CCI wooden
-Vekoma Booster Bike
-Safari ride (akin to Kilimanjaro Safari at DAK and Rhino Rally at BGA)
-Vekoma LSM-Bowl Coaster (Rock n Rollercoaster)
-Intamin Mini-Rocket (Kanonen)
-Zamperla Disko
-Themed drop tower (Tower of Terror?)
-Soarin' type ride (Intamin, but not sure of the actual official ride name)
-Haunted Mansion (akin to Disney)

Maintenace/Theming
-Old Vampire entrance (gateway) used again, small facade added on station building
-General fix of Beanoland (fountain, shows, re-paint)
-Zoo improvements (edutainment, expansion of enclosures, safari section)
-Possible addition of pay-per water jets on Falls (fix the elephant as well)
-Re-addition of Falls rockwork, hence removal of Pan for Gold)
-Possible inclusion of Rapids in safari area to give extra animal interaction
-General fix-up of areas (Mexicana, Pirate's Cove, Bubbleworks without Imperial Leather)
-Connect Land of the Dragons to Toytown/Pirate's Cove for better access
-Improve Playhouse and Capers
-Fix the bloody Bubbleworks lift so boats DON'T GET STUCK SO OFTEN!!! :p

That last one you don't HAVE to include Mark ;)

But that's most people's views, aside from the Eurofighter, as said, what with Thorpe and about every other park getting one, it would be extremely boring of Chessie to get one... Wood please!!!

Mike

Giga Poster
Does anybody reckon that if we say "wooden coaster" enough times in this topic, then they'll get the idea to build one in Chessington? ;)
(A big wink to anybody who may be reading this on the team at Chessington)

Oh yeah, I've also added the manufacturer names on my post.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Intamin plug and play woodie =]

Or a Maurer Sohne launched X-Car, fairly low height limit etc.

A

Anonymous

I think some major changes have to be made after the loss of Samurai. As i have mentioned before, Get a gyro swing. Drayton manor in my opinion, targets roughly the same age bracket as Chessington, and Drayton Manor have pulled this off very well. I really think a 'Ride trade gryo swing' is certainly the way forward for chessington. Maybe situated in the Mystic East area of the park, to make up for the loss of Samurai to thorpe park.

In regards to beano land, i quite like the way it is, But it is certainly lacking something. In addition to the Gyro Swing, this would give an option to move Peeking Heights to the Beanoland area of the park.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Hm.. Ages 10-12... I could see a Splash battle ride working quite well. Quite Possibly getting something like Mutiny Bay up at Alton Towers. Either that or have it as extension of Beanoland. Could work quite well.

jack.bell

Mega Poster
This hasnt been said yet but what about a simple schwartzcopf (spelling not sure) because it inverts but the thrill is that you are upside down without an otsr. also a well themed tople tower in pirate cove maybe because you could theme it so the crew of a ship are pulling the tower over. well thats my ideas. :--D

EdHawks

Roller Poster
Chessington needs doing up.. It needs a lot of new rides such as a drop tower and some themed dark rides. At the moment it is definately something to work with!

Mark

Strata Poster
Coaster.freak. I agree, something simple, with a single inversion like a schwarzkopf is a very good idea. It is enough to get the kids excited without being too overly intense.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, interesting topic.

I adore Chessie but it really needs a lick of paint here and there and just a general fix up on all theming, especially Rattlesnake, re-new the animatronics, maybe even add new effects in the queueline and during the ride?

The Safari Skyway needs to be either completely taken away, new track and trains or change the course of the track so there are less boring moments. Maybe add a new info announcement during the ride with facts about the animals and then have a fun quiz section near the exit. If anything new trains will be amazing as the current ones feel like they are going to fall apart.

After the sponsorship revamp of Bubbleworks I now don't give a damn if they get rid of it, they destroyed a classic :( .

I agree that the Rodeo locations needs something new but there is quite a bit of space there as it goes quite far back (a few trees would have to be cut down). Maybe if the Runaway mine train was taken away there would be a nice little spot for a decent sized mine themed coaster.

The petting zoo behind the stalls building in Mexicana I have heard is temporary, if this was to be removed along with the stalls a decent sized dark ride building could fit in that space (possibly). It could be a western themed dark ride with shoot outs or maybe make it an interactive shooting ride.

Seeing as two shooting attractions would be a silly idea, with Forbidden Kingdom's Tomb Blaster, expand the building (if poss) and place a small, very well-themed launch coaster like the Mummy attractions at the Universal Studio theme parks inside. I have a feeling space could be an issue with that idea though.

Since the removal of the majority of the decent theming of Dragon Falls I feel that it could be re-themed (along with the whole area) but I'm not too sure what to yet, I may post again about that.

With the land next to Land of the Dragons, seeing as its such a slope is it actually possible to dig into it and place a building there? Maybe some form of water-based attraction indoors themed to Pirates Cove (hopefully not too Pirates of the Caribbean rip-off).

Bring back the clown coaster!

Beanoland I think is ok but its missing something, maybe one or two more flat rides would be well suited, I'm sure something can fit in the space of the unused but well themed fountain. I agree that there should be more characters out but I don't know what the license stuff is like.

Thats all I can think of at the mo but I'm sure I can think of lots more. Sorry I'm not really one for knowing manufacturer names etc.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
I agree that the Rodeo locations needs something new but there is quite a bit of space there as it goes quite far back (a few trees would have to be cut down). Maybe if the Runaway mine train was taken away there would be a nice little spot for a decent sized mine themed coaster.

Bout the only thing I can ruin in your post John ;)

Behind the RMT is what is basically a disposal area, and is also part of the access road between the Medical Centre and the zoo... It also is home to some offices... Hence that would need a lot of removal and work done on it I'm afraid.

Tom

Hyper Poster
I think some kind of incredibly well made simulator could do the trick as it doen't take up too much room and if you want a more interesting and unique simulator, try one that inverts. I tried one once and it was intense enough for me and I'm right at the targeted age group.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I don't think they should get another coaster...it'd look to busy IMO.

However a high capacity thrilling flat would do the trick.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
ive summerised some main points raised:
1. Beanoland - Revamp with possible new flat ride
2. Possibility of a coaster - Tame inversions, booster bike, scrap RMT etc
3. Rapids ride?
4. Incorporate zoo and animals around ride and theming of a new ride
5. Thrill flat ride
6. General tidying and revamp of park (especially Mexicana)
7. Bubbleworks? What happened to a gem?

+ a few other ideas

Mike said:
Does anybody reckon that if we say "wooden coaster" enough times in this topic, then they'll get the idea to build one in Chessington?.

So once more,

WOODEN COASTER

:wink:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
coaster.freak said:
This hasnt been said yet but what about a simple schwartzcopf (spelling not sure) because it inverts but the thrill is that you are upside down without an otsr.
I was originally thinking along the same lines, but it's just the case of trying to get one in decent condition. I couldn't really think of anything similar that's currently in production either.

Mark

Strata Poster
I did think about that too Mouse,

I'm sure a company could be commisioned to create something along the same lines though.

Someone mentioned something along the lines of a great simulator. Well what about something like the Dinosaur (Animal Kingdom) or Indiana Jones (Disneyland CA) > (Does anybody know if who the makers of those were? I seem to recall them being in-house projects possibly). Multi sensory environment etc, possibly something tied into the animals and so on. A quest through the jungle or something along those lines. It could possibly go over at the area that houses Mexicana replacing the RMT. Literally, revamp the whole area. This would also lend itself to a complete retheme of the Rattlesnake which as peep pointed out, is really needed. Plus, that area does run alongside some of the zoo areas does it not? I think a whole Jungle theme could be superb in this area. Then if you are thinking Jungle theme, a topple tower could also be fantastic, especially since Huss actually do create one with a Toucan? (Is it a toucan? could it be changed) style bird top.

I know space and local restrictions are a problem, so something in a building would be a really good idea! The point is, at this moment, its all about chucking in the ideas for the powers that be to look at and see what we are thinking.

Mark

Strata Poster
Excellent. Cheers

What about a coaster like California Screamin' at California Adventure (Intamin). I remember riding it thinking it was a fantastic family attraction...