What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

^BK is excessively overpriced for the little amounts you get...

Besides, I don't eat burgers from these places anyways, so I preferred the McDonalds... But after having a BK burger from Chessie this year, can't say I wish to rush back...

One a good note, I was quite suprised with the food I got at old Chips Ahoy, considering the amount of leftovers I've seen on the table (and cleaned up) I was tentative but I really enjoyed the chips moreso than the staff ones, which are practically the same :lol:

After visiting Chessigton yesterday m,y first thoughts where how much effort they put into simple things such. The park is very clean and in a way reminds me of Alton Towers, by this i mean the genral location and restrictions the park has.

For a family themepark i think Chessington is excellent, there are a good selection of rides for young children, teenages and adults. Not only are the rides in the park excellent but most rides are themed superbly.

The only part of the park which could do with some work is Beano Land but to what ive heard the contract is nearly over.

In my opinion it doesnt matter what age you are, Chessington will provide fun and thrills for any age. The park certainly did for me.

I would give the park 8/10 for its audience

If you bring back MacDondalds make sure they follow H and S and all that crap last year I barfed thanks to them. BK is even worse and more pricy! I basicly have two options now KFC or go outside. I know what I may start doing.

The Burger King price rise at the parks has thoroughly pissed me off. I refuse to buy anything from any of their outlets because of that ludicrous price rise at the parks... It does mean, however, that I will be buying Merlin's own food now... I'm not KFC's biggest fan. So I guess Merlin see that as a plus. But if I am unable to get a decent lunch for under £5 in the near future... I will just start bringing my own food and then Merlin will be getting no money out of me other than the annual pass, which I'll also be unlikely to get if it rises much more.

Legoland's prices disgust me, thoroughly. And I'm worried that the other parks will go the same way after Merlin's appalling flagship park.

My main problem at the moment with Chessington is probably food. I don't see how the same Fish & Chips outlet at Chessie and Thorpe tastes so different. Chessington's was utter crap the other day, and all I had was chips.

I'd REALLY like to see a sandwich place. Sometimes I don't want hot food, and there are no real alternatives.

Joey theres a sandwich place outside Tomb Blaster...

£3.50 for a sandwich, a bag of walkers BIG EAT, and a tropicana... which I thought was ideal.
But yeah like Erol said, a BK meal in Middlesbrough is around the £4.29 mark so its obviously going to be a bit higher a theme park. We passed a service station on the way down and the meals were like £6/7 each, so its still relatively cheap.

Why is this still announced by the way, hasn't the feedback already been passed on?

I didn't realise that place did sandwiches? And if it's only £3.50 for a sarnie, crisps and a drink... then that's fantastic.

I want to know why BK should "obviously be more expensive in a theme park." Captive audience high prices are wrong, end of. Service station, train station, wherever it is... It's wrong. There has been a BK at Thorpe for years and that hasn't, until recently, started charging extra. KFC doesn't. McDonald's never did. Pizza Hut always has, to my knowledge? And I'm fairly sure KFC and Pizza Hut are actually the same umbrella company?

I was going to put it down to Merlin charging more for the land, but that cannot be the case or else KFC's prices would have risen at the same time... But they have remained at high street prices.

Being a cheapskate has got nothing to do with it - a meal at BK is not worth the near £8 which is now is at the parks. Quality wise it's not, quantity wise it's not, service wise it's not and it's not the standard price you expect to pay for it. I'd happilly pay a fiver for a meal at BK. In fact, I regually did. The point is any more than that is a complete and utter joke.

I'd like to know if Blackpool's BK has done the same?

^ KFC does charge more at thorpe than usual highstreet prices !!

A regular popcorn chicken meal costs about £5 at Thorpe where as its normally about £3.50-ish !

It's £5.75 for a fully loaded box thing... which is a chicken burger, piece of chicken, drink, fries and coleslaw. And I'm fairly certain that's the same as highstreet... But I rarely go to KFC. If it's cheaper than that on the highstreet then wow.

At a guess a popcorn chicken meal is £4.75...? Since you're saying "about a fiver" which is fine I think.

Burger King's £7.75 or whatever the heck is was is not.

But Joey, CrapDonalds had a higher price in the park than on the streets too so I don't know what your 'beef' (lol) is with BK?

With BK, you are paying for the higher quality meal and I'd rather put quality down my mouth than a load of donald sh1te. Also, look at the size of a crapdonalds 1/4 pounder burger compared to the size of a BK 1/4 pounder burger. BK's is 3 times the size, and crapdonalds burger is only slightly bigger than BK's kids burger.

You're talking out of your arse.

You don't get a higher quality meal at BK. At McDonald's you get variety, a majority of which tastes better than BK alternatives (some alternatives simply do not exist) for a cheaper price. A Chicken Legend, for example, is better than the Chicken Royal and cheaper. BKs at the parks also do not sell Breakfasts, any promotional or limited time only meals, and half of their highstreet menu is missing such as baguettes. The McDonalds were like any other and I do not know what you are talking about, it was highstreet prices. McDonald's chips taste better, McFlurry's are bigger than Avalanche, and at Alton when it was McDonalds I didn't have to pay for ketchup.

My paragraph of things that make McDonald's better is bigger than yours.

Ok sure, when YOUR uncle owns Burger Kings and Wimpys, THEN you can tell me the quality is worse. I speak not out of my arse, but out of catering experience. Ok so there is a huge price difference, but it isn't a rip off. I'd still rather pay 7 quid or whatever it is for a BK meal then 3 quid for a Mcdonalds meal.

Erol I have to agree with Joey on this.

BK is rubbish at Alton the burgers were made in the microwave I saw them making the burger. That night I was so ill and nearly never made it to Drayton.

I though have never been a great fan on BK, I eat it when I have to.

BK on the high street now charge £6 for a Wopper Meal, at Thorpe it was £7, thats not to bad. But the quality in the high street is normally better as they cook the burgers there and not just re heat them.

BK are also so slow at serving, it does not seem to matter where you go its always the same.

I would like to see Subway in theme parks.

The park BK's do charge you more than normal high street ones. Also my brother works in BK and they don't let him get the discount there.
And the parks BK's sizes are different to other ones. Whereas a medium drink in a normal BK is medium in the parks BK's it's a small.
Also BK's chips are horrible.

southend_marc said:

BK is rubbish at Alton the burgers were made in the microwave I saw them making the burger. That night I was so ill and nearly never made it to Drayton.

Actually, BK is flame grilled and then microwaved, no matter where you go... Trade secret ;) They only do that because the flame grill doesn't cook them all the way through and extra cooking is needed.

I'd rather have that than a crummy steamed McDonalds burger.

Screaming Coasters said:
southend_marc said:

Actually, BK is flame grilled and then microwaved, no matter where you go... Trade secret ;) They only do that because the flame grill doesn't cook them all the way through and extra cooking is needed.

Erol the one in Alton Towers near the log flume as no grill honest I saw it next time you go take a look.

I dont want to mod but please get this back on topic, start a topic about BK if you want but this topic is about Chessington not BK :)

Indeed guys....

I get what you are saying about the food thing, but the point is, this topic isn't really about that as the whole Burger King/McDonalds thing is company wide, not just reserved to Chessington.

(Ps Erol: No Burger Kings actually flame grill on site anymore! They are all "flame grilled" off site and then reheated at the resaurant in a microwave - no different to a Rustlers microwave burger)

southend_marc said:
Screaming Coasters said:
southend_marc said:

Erol the one in Alton Towers near the log flume as no grill honest I saw it next time you go take a look.

I dont want to mod but please get this back on topic, start a topic about BK if you want but this topic is about Chessington not BK :)

No Burger King has a grill, they never have done. Have you ever seen those toasters where you put your toast on the rollers and it comes out the other side? Thats exactly how Burger King burgers are cooked, but in a flame version and then they are put into the microwave to finish them off.

Well thats that lol.

Joey said:
I'd like to know if Blackpool's BK has done the same?

Sorry to carry this on, but I'd like to answer this.

Blackpool's BK is really cheap. It cost us about £9 for two Supersize meals.