What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Mark

Strata Poster
Having now visited Tripsdrill in Germany, I think some of the coasters/rides they have there would be definate considerations for Chessington.

It is unforntunate that Chessington have such restrictions because Mammut (wooden coaster) would suit Chessie a lot!

I guess the Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster would be a great addition, especially if they utilise the buildings and so on that Tripsdrill have with G'sengte Sau. Although, there is Cobra just down the road at Paultons.

Jools

Giga Poster
A great ride for them would be an enterprise, they're ideal for family parks, and are classed as reasonably thrilling, or maybe a KMG afterburner, people of all ages love them :--D

Mark

Strata Poster
Yeah the afterburner style ride was suggested, possibly a Huss Frisbee. They are just intense enough for the age group in question.

Not sure about the enterprise though, they are so dated...

Jools

Giga Poster
True, but they always seem to pull a crowd, I was just day dreaming and thought maybe a drop tower, not a huge one, just the right size...

jokerman

Giga Poster
In my opinion, a small drop tower defeats the point of them. Where is the fear as you climb higher and higher. Also, by the time you start moving down, you have to begin braking. I appreciate that a large one may not suit the park, but there are other rides that would be much better for it.

Mark

Strata Poster
Hmmm, not necessarily.

The height point can be produced deceptively by putting it in a building like Mystery Castle at Phantasialand. One of the best drop/shot towers I have ever ridden.

The building option could be very good for chessington too, with the restrictions they have.

Airtime Cadet

Roller Poster
Chessington just needs a hell of a lot more theming, as they've done a half-assed job of it already. Especially where the log flume goes behind a piece of bare corrugated iron...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^You mean where the rocks used to be? The tunnel on Falls I'm sure was darker before the rocks got the shaft...

I agree though that a lot of the theming (especially Falls) needs re-doing or general replacement... I said it before I'm sure :lol:

Just thinking of rides that could be removed, I think Toadies could be a very good candidate, as it takes up a huge footprint (larger than the more popular Truckers), and if Berries (another half-baked ride, silly Ribena deal) was also removed, a lot of space could open up for at least two/three new small footprint rides...

Jools

Giga Poster
Airtime Cadet said:
Chessington just needs a hell of a lot more theming, as they've done a half-assed job of it already. Especially where the log flume goes behind a piece of bare corrugated iron...

Does themeing appeal to people of that age?
Not as much... does it?
I don't know,

After long hard thinking, I thought: Boomerang, Vekoma?

Views on that idea?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm not sure if a boomerang is the right idea. Chessington have got other coasters that are unique, and a clone like a boomerang isn't in keeping with this. Also, most people are saying that they want the theming to be made better, but (correct me if I'm wrong) boomerangs are not easy to theme, and if an attempt is made, the theming is generally quite lacklustre.

peep

CF Legend
Jewls1993 said:
A great ride for them would be an enterprise

To put it simply....No.

Why No? They are terrible, sick-inducing death traps of evil. Anyway if thats not a good enough answer....Thorpe has one.

Myself and Patrick rode Peeking Heights on sat and we realised how much space Toadies takes up and considering the queue all day for it was 0 mins and the queue for tiny truckers was 20-30 mins I think it would be worth removing Toadies and replacing it with one or two more themed attractions.

I think Berry Bouncers should be removed at the end of its sponsorship and then the clown coaster should make a return :p

Now I don't know a lot about it (looking for answers peeps) but there used to be where Rodeo was and behind it a sort of adventure playground type thing. I know it was well themed and on sat I noticed that at least three of the buildings for it are still there. Would it be possible to use this space again for something family orientated? Or maybe just use it as more space to accommodate a larger rollercoaster replacement once the runaway mine train is removed?

Going back to Beanoland I was thinking that the waterbomb area could be removed to be replaced with a small but thrilling attraction themed to whatever new theme the land will become.

jokerman

Giga Poster
It's kinda sad that people want to get rid of Toadie's cars. It brings back so many memories for me. Also, for some reason it's one that the Mums really like riding, or mayb ethat's just my Mum.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jewls1993 said:
After long hard thinking, I thought: Boomerang, Vekoma?

Views on that idea?

After a short time of thinking... No... They're crap anyways, rough and I'd rather something more substantial to help eat up the Fury queue...

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
Chessington at the moment is really lacking atention to theming it definately needs a face lift. In terms of new ride i do not think that a boomerang is a good choose because 1. it all ready has loads of copys around the world 2.They are rough.3 It would not fit in with the park as it is not unique like vampire is. What i would think is a good idea for a new coater is somethink like Kanonon in liseberg (Intamin AG) They could have the same sort of height which i am right in thinking that it would be below the chessington height restrictions. The have that field behind the hotel or behind the mine train they could make a good layout and make it less intense than stealth at thorpe which would deffinately suit the younger audience.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
New thing...

More bins in the Bubbleworks queue-line (just as the extension re-joins the main queue), it's an absolute bitch to clean as due to a lack of bins there all the crap is just thrown onto the floor...

Also more bins in all queue-lines would probably be just as good an idea as any new ride, making a park more presentable would be an excellent step with new theming additions...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh yeah, speaking of bins, they stink. Especially the stupid shaped Beanoland ones. And they attract lots of wasps.

I think that staff need to be equipped with squeegee type things on sticks and buckets of disinfectant stuff to clean the food and soft drink that gets spilled on the inside and outside of those bins. Changing the bin bag but leaving food waste on the bin itself is just stupid. If the bins were kept cleaner, emptying them would be a much nicer job, they'd attract less insects and wouldn't smell.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ The amount of times I tried to get my staff to clean the bins is uncountable. The staff at Chessington are lazy and they don't want to get their hands dirty even though it is in their job description.

They have the equipment, they just don't want to use it...

Oh and I forgot, Chessington doesn't have a cleaning department. It's all done by the ride staff which is the most stupid budget cutting scheme ever!

I hate Chessington, they don't think about their employees when without them, the park would be nothing.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
To be fair, though, when I worked at a cinema no one had to tell me to clean a bin out with soap and water when it stunk.

"Do as your told, or get the sack" would work really well in getting a bin cleaned I bet. I doubt that Chessington being where it is has ANY shortage of potential employees. I suspect it's down to "can't be bothered to interview people."