What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

^ :lol: - To be honest, you wasn't the only one that thought that. I know it's not going to stall, but rather crawl over that hill, without a shadow of a doubt.

Plus seeing this happen shows there was no 'fiasco' I'm sure it was pre-planned this was going to happen.

Dave is correct, as much as people want to make this out to be some sort of conspiracy - the delay was actually spawned from the second trench and not the skyride. To put it into perspective, as of right now Cheetah Hunt is light years ahead of where Sheikra was 6 years ago.

Howdy stranger!
OK, so the delay was from the second trench, but it did look like they didn't foresee the Sky Ride trouble.

It wasn't necessarily a miscalculation - more so of an issue with the City of Tampa. Simple adjustments are going to be made to the skyride, but like I said prior - trench 2 is the deepest the park has ever dug and with that comes added difficulties in the construction process.

The pull through is starting, and t...ah-hunt-train-pull-through.html]BGTNation.com

And a great picture:

6.jpg

Again, from BGTNation

There are some better pictures of the pull through on the second link.

The little Cheetah is so cute,absolutly Awsome!I hope i can drive to this unbelievable theme park only one time in my life!!

I wonder if Intamin will ever just send a train through without pulling it. Seems like they have gotten to that point in ride construction...

I would cite B&M here, but then UC would come in and throw a hissy fit about how I am biased towards B&M.

Xpress said:
I wonder if Intamin will ever just send a train through without pulling it. Seems like they have gotten to that point in ride construction...

Do they do pull-throughs on all their rides, or just ones with a launch?

It seems to me that the pull-through allows them to test the environment and tracking with a car (or whatever they test pulling through) without needing to worry about the launch systems being up and running?

With a gravity based coaster, it's a case of let it drop and watch it head back to the station*. With a launch coaster, you can't sit it on a non-functional launch section and will it to make it's way around the circuit, no matter how much of a Jedi you think you are ;)

So, they pull-through to get that testing out of the way while other crews continue working on the launch mechanisms, controls, etc... Or maybe not, I don't know, just makes sense to me...

*Also interested to know exactly how you'd do a pull through on say, Griffon... ;)

They perform pull-throughs on all of their rides. Millennium Force was the first one that came to mind while reading your post, and that is why there is that modified support coming out of the first overbank.

It is very interesting that Intamin does pull-throughs while B&M does not. It would be very interesting to hear from both companies why they choose to do them or not.

Fair enough, scratch that idea then :lol:

How about that it's impossible in a B&M seat to ever extend beyond the actual train "envelope" and B&M design their trains/seats particularly with that in mind?

So they don't need a pull through to test limits as they know the dimensions of the trains and it's fine... Unless they do clearance testing with a B&M?

It might also be the way Intamin check the track for any manufacturing defects. They test clearances AND the track from end to end at the same time?