What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah, I've never really loved any of Busch's shirts... although some of the vaguer designs look pretty good.

Ollie

CF Legend
The one on the left here is pretty cool. The other merchandise is nothing special although I'm sure it'll be popular.
DSC05791.jpg

Oh and this one is alright. Although it looks all grainy and slightly faded.
DSC05788_s.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I want one that has the legend "ChUNT" on it... I doubt I'll be appeased...

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Im going to SFMM, SFDK AND SFGA this year but am dying to go to BGTB cause of this ride and others.... :( this park has so much more more character than than six flag's

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Coastermaniac94 said:
Im going to SFMM, SFDK AND SFGA this year but am dying to go to BGTB cause of this ride and others.... :( this park has so much more more character than than six flag's

That's nice.
I'm going to Flambards but I'm not sure why everyone needs to know such useless information, ah well I've typed it now...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ollie said:
The one on the left here is pretty cool. The other merchandise is nothing special although I'm sure it'll be popular.
DSC05791.jpg

Oh and this one is alright. Although it looks all grainy and slightly faded.
DSC05788_s.jpg

Nothing says goon like an over the top ride t-shirt ;]

They're hideous.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I like the one Benin likes, but yeah - the others are a bit much, even for me. :p

mouse

Giga Poster
The brown one is definitely the best of the two, but still not that good.

But the hat is just awesome! :wink:

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Not got time to read the whole topic but was at Busch Gardens today. It looks really good at the moment. A lot of digging work going on around it. The random figure of 8 actually looks good if a bit random. It can be seen from quite a few different areas of the park and is pretty impressive to look directly up at.

I am now the owner of the blue version of the t-shirt that Benin posted. Benin on the other hand may wish to change his opinion on the other version of the t-shirts...ooops...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Nicky said:
I am now the owner of the blue version of the t-shirt that Benin posted. Benin on the other hand may wish to change his opinion on the other version of the t-shirts...ooops...

Blue? But I don't WEAR blue... :p

And you know damn well I don't change my opinion easily... ¬¬

Lofty

CF Legend
I love that brown T-Shirt. It's a shame I don't wear ride T-Shirts or I'd have to buy one. Anyway, anybody any idea when testing is? I heard a date on Screamscape but they said it may be at night they do it :(

CMonster

Giga Poster
New RCPro update

Also, here's the press release from the park regarding testing taking place tomorrow!

Testing Crews to Launch Cheetah HuntFor the First Time This Weekend
Cheetah Hunt’s Multiple Launch Points Will Undergo
Numerous, Repeated Tests Over The Next Several Days

Friday, April 15, 2011 (Tampa, FL) – This weekend, Busch Gardens’ Design & Engineering team will officially launch Florida’s first triple-launch coaster for the first time. But, the park warns, guests hoping to catch a glimpse of the testing in progress shouldn’t expect Cheetah Hunt to be up to full speed quite yet.

The process, which kicks off Saturday morning, begins by testing each launch point over and over again at partial power with both empty trains and cars loaded with “water dummies” that simulate the weight of human passengers.

After each launch, the train will be pulled back into position and launched again. Crews will start with the first launch point, which propels the train out of the station house; by weekend’s end, they plan to have moved on to the second launch point. At full power, launch point No. 2 will send trains up the 102-foot Windcatcher Tower. Trains testing at partial power, however, will not make it to the top of the tower.

Early next week, this phase of testing will wrap up with the third launch point – located just past the canyon in the northern end Cheetah Hunt’s footprint. Soon after, trains will start making complete circuits around the track’s 4429-foot run.

But how soon will actual people replace the water dummies? “We will run more than 3,000 cycles of the ride before we put humans on it,” says Mark Rose, Busch Gardens’ Vice President of Design & Engineering. When the time comes, Rose will be one of the first people to ride.

From RCPro.