What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

RCF

Strata Poster
Can't find anything as of yet but according to the "In The Loop" radio show Busch Gardens Africa has said that they will open a Maverick style coaster in 2011 with a cheetah theme. Will keep looking for confirmation on this.

RCF

Strata Poster
^They said Busch said it themselves but like I said I haven't found anything and I don't know anyone that has so we'll see.

Snoo

The Legend
That has been a rumor for a while, as they've discussed B&M Hyper and Intamin Accelerator before. We shall see what develops.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I kinda think I'd rather them build a Maverick-esque ride than a B&M Hyper. I definetely don't want an Intamin Accelerator like TTD with just a tophat and not much of a layout. Hopefully they'll utilise the canyons in the water section of Rhino Rally, would be neat.

Oh, and in case anybody didn't hear, the big announcement in Feb. was that Floridians five and under get into the park free this year. :p

CMonster

Giga Poster
I think this post is worth a double post. :p

Taken from Screamscape:

bgtnewtrack.jpg

Either it's a very elaborate April Fool's joke (which I doubt), or Busch Gardens is getting a new gold B&M!!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Am reaaallyyyy weary this is an April fools, if not...

THAT'S AMAZING! GOLD B&M = AWESOME.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I think it would look AMAAAZING with black supports. Cheetah-ey and all that.

All though, if this is themed around cheetahs, I wonder if they'll do anything about Cheetah Chase. Should be fairly simple to change the name or something.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Kevin (RCF) showed me that last night & we were wondering who would be the fool to post it here. Congrats CMonster! :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Of course. :oops:
I just woke up to take Aidan to school & must have still been asleep when I wrote that. I have to remember not to go online at that hour of the morning. :lol:
At least I got the Kevin part right. :wink:

CMonster

Giga Poster
Okay... for real this time... :p

PLANS!!!! At BGTGuide.

YES!! There's at least two or three launches, with runs through Rhino Rallly's water canyons and through trenches. Plus, there are plans for a new path from Nairobi to Edge of Africa.

More at Screamscape.