What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Well that's just ridiculous!

Am intrigued to see how this one turns out. I'm guessing the manufacturer hasn't been confirmed yet?

CMonster

Giga Poster
Considering the number of launches, we can (probably) rule out B&M. Intamin is a likely choice, but it could be Mack maybe.

nadroJ

CF Legend
How the hell have I overlooked this topic, this is Bad.Ass.

Sucks though, I'm heading for BGA this winter and chances are they'll probably go for a Spring opening (this is just an assumption based on the time they have to build etc.) Still, here's hoping *fingers crossed*.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wow...

By the way, sorry to say this, but just to have it cleared (UC, I'm awaiting your response).

Aquatrax?

If not, those curves on top left look awfully like corkscrews. But they might be bigger, I'm not sure on the size of this thing...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of [], we were discussing this coaster a bit at SFGAdv last week. He wouldn't tell me much about it other than it's going to be Orlando's first launcher & that I will be thoroughly impressed. By the looks of this, I'd say he was spot on.

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm very happy at the moment that I postponed my US/Florida trip to next year! :--D I really hope that it's a Maverick deluxe version! Only seeing the coaster from above doesn't say much of the ride though, would be interesting to se how high it's going to be, if it features loops etc..

East Coast(er) General said:
Speaking of [], we were discussing this coaster a bit at SFGAdv last week. He wouldn't tell me much about it other than it's going to be Orlando's first launcher & that I will be thoroughly impressed. By the looks of this, I'd say he was spot on.
You surely mean Florida right? Hence Busch Gardens Tampa is in Tampa Bay. And regarding Orlando, they already got a launcher (Hulk). So technically it's going to be Floridas second launcer, although it might be the first LIM/LSM or hydraulic launcehed coaster..

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry :oops:
Yeah, he said Florida's first & I knew he meant a non-tire propelled launched coaster because he told me the manufacturer. And yes andrus, it will be ground hugging, similar to Maverick.
How is it a [] spite when it was me who made the mistake? :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
Sorry :oops:
Yeah, he said Florida's first & I knew he meant a non-tire propelled launched coaster because he told me the manufacturer. .

Wait... STILL WHUT?

Am I the only one that remembers riding Rock n Rollercoaster and Mummy :S

nealbie

CF Legend
Nah Ben, you are gravely mistaken babes!

They just pretend to have launches, a simple error that most fools make, it's no problem sweetheart ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Neither of those are made by the manufacturer of this one Ben. He said it will be Florida's first, so figure it out.

andrus

Giga Poster
Haha ok, so there were even more launchers :p but you got my point at least, it wont be the first..

Edit:
If it'll still be "Floridas first launcher" somehow, then it has to be a hydraulic launch, right? (hence R'nR is LSM, Mummy LIM and Hulk "wheel-launched")

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh, so world's firsts are to do with who makes them now?

Ben.... shall we make a cred? And market it on here to the CFers that it's actually "The World's FIRST Roller Coaster"?

CMonster

Giga Poster
^^^ **cough cough Intamin cough**

Seeing as Rock n Roller Coaster is Vekoma and Mummy is Premier...

Although, I guess Mack is still in play...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
What is the matter with you people? :roll:
[] said it will be Florida's first launch coaster made by a specific manufacturer. I made the mistake of saying it would be Orlando's/Florida's first launcher without saying by a specific manufacturer.
If you read my post you will see that I never claimed it's a world's first. So yes Neal, you can say that a coaster is a first by a manufacturer in a certain country, state, region or park chain.