What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

andrus

Giga Poster
How reliable is Blue Fire? How good is the launch compared to Intamin rockets? And where are the Mack rumors on screamscape loefet wrote of? I can't find them!

But I did find another interesting thing, don't know if it has been brought up before though.. The other Busch park is also rumored to build a new coaster next year, apparently BGW have applied to build a 250 feet tall structure :--D

A

Anonymous

^ I haven't herd anything about the reliability of blue fire, but I assume that it isn't that bad, but then again if something goes wrong then they have the whole Mack facility next door.

The launch is a bit weaker than the Intamin versions (the hydraulic system is much more efficient), see it as a more refine, gracious ride that flows way better than any Intamin have done...

Well the rumours points towards that it might be a launch coaster, and that it won't be a B&M. The Screamscape rumours also points that Busch have started to "favour" Mack instead of Intamin, especially by them adding Mack water coasters to all their sister SeaWorld parks. Then I just put the two together and I know that the blue fire have made a lot of people interested in the system, thus came up with the idea that we might see a new Mack Launcher in Florida...

I really think that it will fit the park perfectly, especially with the way blue fire rides and the really nice seat/restraint system.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Ok then I understand, I was looking for a specific rumor of BGT adding a Blue Fire clone! ^^

But what do you others think of the supposed 250 ft coaster at BGW? Or it might be the rumored drop tower? Maybe, I find it hard to believe that Busch will add two major coasters to both parks the same year..

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^They already have Apollo's Chariot. I guess it's a tower of sorts, as another tall coaster would just be pointless...

Unless we're talking Zaturn clone, of course.

marc

CF Legend
Have tbh I trust the view of ECG and he went on Blue Fire and really rated it so it must be good.

Ben has also rated the coaster highly so again thats 2 views I count.

Snoo

The Legend
Not just Jerry, but a multitude of enthusiasts who thought it was a quality ride.. on top of the fact that it ranked relatively high on the MH Polls.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh hell, why not.

500 ft. flying coaster, 11 inversions, 0-200 in 1 second, 4 deaths in one year.

andrus

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^They already have Apollo's Chariot. I guess it's a tower of sorts, as another tall coaster would just be pointless...

Unless we're talking Zaturn clone, of course.
They have been rumored to get an indoor tower ride like Mystery Castle at phantasialand. But 250 ft seems very tall for an enclosed ride like that.. And since they've removed Big Bad Wolf and has been rumored to get a B&M flyer in the past it could just as well be a new coaster! Why not a Zaturn clone but slightly higher? would be nice :) The launcher might in fact be for BGW and BGT will get the long awaited B&M hyper after all? We will have to wait to the 25th and see!

Homer

Hyper Poster
^His dad works for Nintendo, he knows everything.

As for a Mack launched coaster, I would like a strong launch, but as long as the ride maintains a badass layout, I will love it.

I might get up off my arse and go to BGT more often, maybe even apply to USF. :p

andrus

Giga Poster
UC said:
Do you ever have anything to back your posts?
To those of you who payed attention I wrote several posts back that I did found the info on screamscape, and I certainly do not think it's necessary to write down in every single post that I'm still talking of the same rumors.

But for UC who either missed it or just is being ignorant I'll repeat it:
andrus said:
And where are the Mack rumors on screamscape loefet wrote of? I can't find them! But I did find another interesting thing...

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
A launch coaster would be great as Florida needs one. I am not sure about the flying coaster, you see that Seaworld now have one so you dont want to have flying coasters everywhere. I was on Rcdb and in the new for 2010 part, it said BGA. But when I looked on the photos its just a family ride, does anyone know anymore!

andrus

Giga Poster
^^^Why do you always have to make such a big thing out of everything? I used a perfect legitimate source and still you complain. You know a rumor is a rumor, anyone could have made it up and it still would have been a rumor..

I really don't know where you get all your false accuses from?! I've never ever written anything about no kingda ka clone.. You have responded to several of my posts lately and all of them have been negative. I haven't offended nobody so I don't no what you're trying to do..

I come to this forum because I like roller coasters and wanne have fun, not because I wanne get slated by some wise guy who think he's better than everyone else! Therefore I'm not gonna respond to anything you write in the future.. Just so you know, you don't have to waste your precious time on me no more...

Peace out!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^That's UC for you. Get used to it. It's just his attitude and he does that to everybody. If somebody is wrong, he will correct them.

Homer

Hyper Poster
An update. Busch Gardens announced their upcoming ride closures today and interestingly enough, the Skyride will be closed from June 1st to the end of the year. Markings were spotted in the Edge of Africa/Skyride area, so this could mean a new addition.

Normally the Skyride is closed every September-November for Howl-O-Scream where they use the queue and old Monorail station for a haunted house. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if they implement the old Monorail station or use the Akbar's/Museum building nearby for this ride.

Also, Katonga will be gone by the end of the summer. It was an alright show, though it kind of felt like a cheap Lion King. Rumors say a new ice skating show will be put back in, which would be nice since it's a good place to chill out in the summer (I kind of miss the ice skating shows to be honest).

But alas, some construction might be happening in the summer. SheiKra's construction started back in March 2004 with half of Stanleyville boarded up until May 2005. The skyride being closed for a long period of time is a good indicator of that.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Homer said:
Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if they implement the old Monorail station or use the Akbar's/Museum building nearby for this ride.

I heard the monorail station would be used as well, and it makes sense. It's in the area and is a perfect building to use. Why not reuse it?

Snoo

The Legend
This has REALLY peaked my interest as of late, mostly because of the announcement of the closures of rides at BGA. This could be something incredibly sexy.